Best pictures of 2013

The Magnificent oak, so beautiful!

Want a few more? Here are too many from NAUCC 2013 in Pennsylvania:

1. Jim Sowers tries (unsuccessfully) to catch Jamie Mossengren in the 10k
  2. Steveyo in the 10k
  3. Pretty sure this is a functional spare; it is not a functional unicycle
  4. “Of course people do go both ways.” That’s Dave Krack and ? (sorry)
  5. Epic 'shroom along the MUni XC course
  6. Jason Wieske rocks an awesome uni tattoo
  7. Scott Wilton rocks some stylish legwear at the Marathon (which he won)
  8. Flippin’ into the foam pit at the Wheel Mill in Pittsburgh
  9. Loads of cool lines to ride at the Wheel Mill
  10. Crank arms on display in the Unicycle.com trailer store
  11. Flatland competition at dusk

What an awesome idea!

two of mine… some more to come…

DSC07042.jpg

DSC07098.jpg

DSC06794.jpg

IMG_9994.jpg

and the rest:

G0243279.jpg

G0042419.jpg

G0102224.jpg

DSC09272.jpg

G0011999.jpg

IMG_2472.jpg

IMG_2310.jpg

DSC08099.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

korsika.jpg

/thread

Turtle, as always your shots are spectacular, of spectacular places! I look forward to riding some of your trails someday. :slight_smile:

Meanwhile, here’s another batch:

1. Kayakers near Folsom Prison, seen from the bike path
  2. Llamas… in somebody’s front yard. The stuff you see on a metric century ride in Granite Bay!
  3. Rob’s Ride, August 18 at the Overlook in Wilder Ranch. That’s Rob on the left
  4. American River at William Pond Park, as seen from the bikes-only bridge there
  5. Jacquie riding toward the Folsom Dam Spillway project, near sunset
  6. Budget housing, seen outside of Auburn on a different metric century ride
  7. iPhone panorama of the Salmon Falls Trail; it comes in on the left, and out on the right
  8. Corbin Dunn “Brake Check” on a bike rodeo course at MUni Weekend, Rockville Hills Park
  9. Sunset fishing on the American River, as seen from the bike path
  10. A frikkin’ big piece of chain, possibly part of old gates at Folsom Dam
  11. Christmas “parade” night ride with a group of lit-up bikes through a famously decorated neighborhood

thanks john, you are welcome in our house anytime, we use to host couch surfers anyway :slight_smile:

Love the brake check, John!

Great photos all! Amazing journey you had Anso, so awesome! Crazy as always Turtle, keep em coming. JF, excellent photography, same to TH. I admire your effort in those races Vookash. Gizmo Duck way to show us the world, bravo.

Thought I would post my Italy climbing adventures;
Sella Ronda - Stelvio - Gavia

sorry for all the selfies

I think my new philosophy is “ride what aspenmike rides”. Gorgeous.

finally went through my pics. here a my favourites from 2013, all from the end of the year.

2014 World Unicycling Calendar is ready

OK, the 2014 World Unicycling Calendar is ready. My copy is printed and up on the wall, see first pic.

The bigger thumbnails show the final selection of twelve pictures. Obviously this is just my subjective personal selection, anyone’s choice would have been different. I have optimised for color, contrast, crispness, rotation, cropping etc.

If your picture is not in the calendar, you may find consolation if your photo was at least in the longlist, see smaller thumbnails. But if it isn’t… all the worse :). The longlist contains 63 photo’s from aspenmike (6x), alucard, bungeejoe, feisty, gear (2x), gizmoduck (3x), hardcase, hudsonaktau (3x), jacobspera, jcbgrnr, makym, muni365, munimag (2x), myself, nurseben (3x), pagee, polarmuni, pstrick, raguse (2x), rvs, teamunicycle, tholub (4x), turtle (12x), tveit (4x), ubernerd, vookash (6x), and unimyra.

I made this calendar primarily for private use. If anyone would want the file to print their personal copy of the calendar, you’re welcome. Send me a PM and I’ll return a download link. In the last few years, the calendar consisted of one calendar file in Excel and twelve separate graphics files. So you had to physically cut and paste. This year though, the whole thing is a single high-resolution pdf file. Load twelve sheets of photo paper in your printer and click print, that’s all.

Oh yeah, the captions are in English, but the names of months and weekdays are in Dutch, because this is still Excel-based and my version speaks Dutch. Adds an exotic touch, doesn’t it? :slight_smile:

Final_12.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments on my pics.

It was actually not windy when I took the picture, riding in the wind was such a pain, I didn’t want to take pictures.
The tree grows like that because it’s windy there most of the time. The wind started about an hour after it took the picture and at some point I just had to hide and wait until the evening when the wind slowed down.

Tom, I really like the last one of UniNats
HudsonAktau, my fav is the one with the buildings, the sea (not riding)
Aspen, I’d say the one I like the best is Prime Cut Trail Moab Utah. I’m always a bit bias when I see white mountains… SEeing your pics always make me want to just leave everything and go to all the mountains possible (I kind of did recently but got back already 6 months ago)
John, my fav is the one with Corbin on his motorcycle. I have to say the brake check is pretty good too.
Turtle, I just love the first 2 ones!

Amazing pictures, but not as amazing as the ride which spawned them!

That’s my favorite, as well. It really shows how much Scott leans forward to get his burst of speed off the line. (It was shot at the start line of the uphill MUni race, which he won).

So, Tom, it’s time to come (back) to Italy!
And we can meet outside of a basketball gym, without the “Unicon tension” (I was one of the Italia Gladiatores, we haven’t play togheter, but I was one of the referees of the finals…)
Ciao!

OK, I’ll be right there! (Actually my brother in Vienna just had a baby so I may have some excuse to visit the Dolomites).

I’m a little late to this thread but I’ll post mine when I get home…that is if I even have any good ones from last year. I rode heaps but unfortunately didn’t stop to take that many photos.

hey do not forget to visit us in Paris! there is always a room for you (and your significant other) in my Home.