Sponsorship

i am soooo sick of these postsā€¦ y cant u just tell him what he wants? the thread is gonna die forever in a day or two anyway, so y btch? these forums are getting pretty fcked up as it is. look at the ā€œJust Conversationā€ forum. NEARLY EVERY TOPIC is something like "gallery of youtube, pictures, jokes, etc. and are just full of posts because people like you are yelling at people for making topics that can just be answered or w/e

iam with you bro!

this forum needs a moderator

We do have a mod, but mainly this site is modded by us.

We keep people in line, set the rules, and inforce them when they need to be.

Searching would of helped him, theres been a time where there has been 3 of these threads on the same page. Its been asked tons, with more then enough info to answer his question.

Right, and you would know this because you signed up last month, gotchaā€¦

yeah but he has posted five times so you might want to take that back :astonished:

Reading this, this, this and this should cover all the points about the whos and hows, the pros and cons of sponsorship.

to all fairness and in the best interest of something somewhere, this thread is now about the best cheeseburger you have ever hadā€¦where and when.

July 28, 2007 (RAGBRAI XXXV day 7)
Approx. 3:00 pm
LaMotte, IA

It was the final town before Bellevue on the final day of RAGBRAIā€“14.4 miles left to go. Iā€™d been eating a mish-mash of everything all week. The half pound of orgy-in-my-mouth was a welcome treat. It was the first and last occurrence of euphoria in the entire week.

The best burger I ever had was also on a unicycle tour in Indiana.

Date: Friday, October 6th 2006

best bacon cheeseburger EVERā€¦

I LOVE that one.

Amen.

In Washington DC, right near Foggy Bottom metro stop, I had ā€˜The BEST Burger in DCā€™. I had a veggie-burger with cheese and olives and tomato sauce and some other nice stuff. It was good. They had lots of possible toppings, like a pizza place. Yum.

That was at least the last good cheeseburger Iā€™ve had.

Oh and Iā€™ve had our homemade ones, they are probably nicer, although theyā€™re a bit funny.

Joe

As time goes along the standard for sponsorship increases. When I got sponsored I was a horrible rider compared to now. This doesnā€™t mean you have to better the current sponsored riders. This means you have to push to a level a lot higher than the rest of us were when we got sponsored. So the first part of the list is skill. You have to be good (unless getting sponsored by QU-AX, ohhh, that was a shot at my qu-ax buddies from FLUCK, i donā€™t really mean that, or do I? muhaha). The next little thing in an orderless of importance list is a camera. Yes sorry, most likely you need a video camera. You need to be able to get vids out there, and a lot of them. This helps that potential sponsors see a good market to put their label. Videos are advertisement if their label is on it. Another thing is public outreach. Are you able to get their label out in a day to day setting. Now I really canā€™t, if I see someone who wants to learn to ride iā€™ll direct them at Bedford, however no one riders in this town. I do have a little demo coming up shortly, for young professionals. Next thing is behavor. People may agrue you donā€™t have to be nice (me, a while back), however it helps to help out anyone that asks. (even like iā€™m doing now, lol). Now donā€™t send a private message to them if you donā€™t want everyone to see you are helping (also what iā€™m doing now, lol), make it public that you are taking time out of your day to help another person you may not know, whether itā€™s about how to ride, jumping, flips, or trying to get sponsored. Donā€™t insult.

-Shaun Johanneson

p.s. I didnā€™t read my post over, sorry about typos, or spelling mistakes.

But whatā€™s to say he hasnā€™t been visiting the forums for longer than you, as a guest who hasnā€™t posted?:stuck_out_tongue:

Good job Shaun. Very useful and relevant post if you ask me. A lot of the new riders have dreams of getting sponsored. Donā€™t freak out at them for asking, it might push away the next Dan Heaton before they even get a chance to show everyone. I think an important thing for me was to get to know other unicyclists and to get my name out there as a decent person. Also doing well in competitions can help too. It hasnā€™t been a huge factor so far, but I think it will start to be a great way to get exposure when no one has heard of you.

Most of all, just ride hard and ride however you want and hope that others like it.

Kevin McMullin

shaun pretty much nailed all the important parts, but adding to what shaun was saying about advertising that youā€™re helping somebody, if something breaks on your uni, tell the forums all about it and how itā€™s so expensive to keep fixing up your uni. then a sponsor would see how ā€œhardcoreā€ your riding is and might sponsor you to show how tough their products are.

lmfao
yeah
im not sponsored, that doesnā€™t work

maybe you should broaden your scope of possible sponsers. send some stuff to like red bull or something. IMHO big street is probably the most exciting thing to watch to a non unicyclist.

i can glide crank flip, unispin, wheel walk, one foot wheel walk, stand up glide, and jump a seven set am i good enough to be sponsored

all you have left to learn is to use the search functionā€¦and then you may just be good enough to pick up a sponsor or two :slight_smile:

more honestly, its less about how good you are and more about the type and amount of attention you bring to the company that sponsors you. They do this to raise sales, not to give you free stuff.

someone said it earlierā€¦ if you have to ask you are not good enough. you could probably get your local BS to sponsor you but anyone like KH or Koxx yo;u would not be good enough.

steven says he will sponsor you if you can fakey trey flip a 9.