Post a picture of your unicycle(s)

I just love doing distance on my 29" I went from 75 to 96 km as my longest last year and I’m hoping to best my bike record at 117km on it

Also uni is only 25 min more each way without the bus or anything so it’s still pretty convenient. Bus takes about 45 min.

3 Likes

I rebuilt my 24” wheel unicycle. I replaced the old square taper (cotterless) hub with a new ISIS disc hub, so that I could add a disc brake. This is not a fancy machine but it is a varied mix of components. The wheelset and frame are URC (M4O), the cranks (114mm) and seatpost are Nimbus, the saddle is a QX Eleven (so sort of QUAX and Kris Holm)… and whilst not branded by them, I brought the brakes from einradshop.ch. I apparently have zero brand loyalty :wink:

Since I posted a previous iteration of this uni in the same thread, here is a comparison.

7 Likes

I love it. That looks sweet.

1 Like

My new 29” muni from Mad4One arrived in the mail today :heart_eyes:

24 Likes

Very nice!

So sweet.

and everyone is fun to ride.

8 Likes

If Midjourney generated bikes like it generates unicycles…

5 Likes

New lightbicycle carbon rim for my 27.5 fixed wheel Muni. Can’t wait to get out and test it tomorrow!

15 Likes

My $50 UDC Titan recently transformed from this:

To this:

16 Likes

You have got to tell this story?

2 Likes

Wow, that is impressive. Nicely done.

1 Like

Finally my freewheel hub has become a full unicycle of its own so no more swapping wheels over.

Currently running as a 20" in a 27.5 nimbus oracle frame but i do have a nimbus 27.5 dominator rim that i will rebuild the hub into once i have had some more time getting used to freewheel riding!

Im running shimano m8100 brake lever but need to be careful as the way the bar clamp is on the lever it doesnt allow for much ground clearance on UPDs.

11 Likes

That thing looks so cool!

3 Likes

While it is basically snow free in most of the areas around here now, there are still small amounts of icy snow inthe nearby woods and the tyre I have been using is just 1.95" and has basically no tread. The route I want to do is one I used to do regularly and is half road and half light, easy trails. The only difficulty is that it is pretty steep in parts as it is in an area with some ski slopes. So I have found in the past that this relatively little tyre with little focus on grip is good and light enough but these small patches of snow are just a bit too much right now, so I switched to a 24"x3" Berm Master, which is brand new to me but I found a couple of threads mentioning it. Hopefully this gives me just enough extra traction and volume for those sections.

5 Likes

Left: Nut and bolts that were holding my bearing caps on. Both were a size too big to fit.
Right: Properly sized socket head cap and nylock nut.

Proper Nimbus seat post clamp finally holds the seat in place without it rotating wantonly. Love not having to straighten it constantly. Fusion Freeride saddle is the best saddle I’ve tried so far. 127ish cranks from another random uni. Nimbus pedals for plenty of grippy goodness. The rim has rust/discoloration spots all round it that still needs to be polished off, then “satin brush” it along with the cranks like I did the frame for a cohesive uniform look. 24x1.75 generic tire.

Current state of my WIP Torker “Torkie”.

6 Likes

Los Angeles, CA Pico Union District

7 Likes

Following on the black theme and why I can’t be trusted with grown up money:

I made my black 26" (everything but the cranks) carbon build for my travel uni.

I’m using a left over 24" frame but can still accommodate a 2.4" tire or so.

4 Likes

Beautiful spring time with the uni

16 Likes

That is a great picture!

1 Like