Pictures of your latest ride continued

Yup. I already have a sturdier wooden one that I will be dragging out tomorrow.

So grateful for the advice and good wishes!

Muni-ing with a little one (and a shameless e-bike behind me :wink: ). I was riding the wrong uni (DTH tire with 60psi in it, VERY BUMPY!), but it turned out to be a great workout.

8 Likes

I had a good ride this evening on the Nimbus 29 with my dog running beside me on a leash. He will not pose with a unicycle any more. I guess he never knows when it might come shooting his way during a UPD. He’s never been hit by a unicycle, and one has never fallen on him, but he’s not taking any chances. :grin:

9 Likes

I had some riding on a short trail near a river. And I tried to ride across the river. I think it’s hard not only because of the slippery rock and water flow, but also because of the buoyancy of the fat tire.

10 Likes

Pictures over several days rides.
Making mountains into molehills. Figuring out how to get up and over half curbs.

“Slalom”-ing between trees.

Conquering long fields.

A playful headstand from Uni.

10 Likes

Got a new Berm Master, which seems to work well for mixed road and light trails. Finally tested it out today.

I cycled 15.35 km (9.5miles) with 294m (965ft) of elevation gain before work, so rewarded myself just before I got to the office.

9 Likes

I was inexplicably tired today so I spent most of my ride asleep on this log. Then I felt much better :smiley:

8 Likes

Today we had a touch of snow which was fun to ride in. I don’t ride my unicycle in the winter so it is a bit novel for me. The one thing I noticed is that my feet kept wanting to slip off the pedals, so I think I need to get some pedals with pins. (I’m not ready for clipless pedals yet).

So, on the way I rode down a small street in my neighbourhood and one car swept past me only leaving 2cm between his door and my knee. A bit close I’d say, but I didn’t fall off, nor did I swerve into the car, nor did I get angry or upset. I’d say that was a win.

Ok, here’s some pictures:

I was happy to be able to ride up this somewhat steep sidewalk. As you can see near the top I was swerving back and forth … that is where my speed went way down and it was kind of a crank pause crank pause sort of motion.

9 Likes

Yes, pins work well in the snow.

5 Likes

I also cycling all year round in Norway and pins are enough to give you the grip you need for cycling in the snow.

Holmbury in Surrey Hills this morning. Pic at the end of the infamous ‘Barry Knows Best’.
Had fun trying out my new Hope Tech4 V4 brake

13 Likes

Hill Climbing in the Royal National Park.
Descent from Waterfall Train station to Hacking river bridge then up Garie Hill and then Return
Aero bar arrangement inspired by Ben Soja’s G36

8 Likes

Yes this is basically a repeat of my other pictures of late but I do love cycling up here. It is just 5km (3 miles) in distance but 260 meters (853 feet) upwards from my home and really steep in parts, so actually quite a nice workout to get here.

11 Likes

Cooper park. Near Bondi Junction, Sydney
I was pleasantly surprised to come across this amazing nature reserve in the middle of the eastern suburbs of Sydney.

11 Likes

Your cranks look very interesting…

1 Like

Spent most of the day at Swinley Forest with these guys. Blue and red trails plus a bit of messing around on some features and some bonus downhill runs. All in all a great days riding

17 Likes

Today’s ride was quite windy. Today is the day I realized that a 36” unicycle is a rolling kite. I had read it here, but experienced it today.

The water shows how windy it was. This is a small lake that is surrounded by a 10-mile biking/hiking loop.

14 Likes

I once injured my knees just by riding in (well, against) the wind. It’s such a pain.

Visited a bike park with a DirtLab™ in Tennessee and it was totally rad.

Been working on drops the last two weeks. My technical ability is no problem with them, but my mind wants to wig out. I’m training by going over smaller-and-then-increasingly-larger drops until they are no big deal.

Found a skinny, did the skinny. Twice without fail. Felt good.

13 Likes

A back and forth ride of a mostly paved forest road.

15 Likes