Post a picture of your unicycle(s)

My $50 UDC Titan recently transformed from this:

To this:

16 Likes

You have got to tell this story?

2 Likes

Wow, that is impressive. Nicely done.

1 Like

Finally my freewheel hub has become a full unicycle of its own so no more swapping wheels over.

Currently running as a 20" in a 27.5 nimbus oracle frame but i do have a nimbus 27.5 dominator rim that i will rebuild the hub into once i have had some more time getting used to freewheel riding!

Im running shimano m8100 brake lever but need to be careful as the way the bar clamp is on the lever it doesnt allow for much ground clearance on UPDs.

11 Likes

That thing looks so cool!

3 Likes

While it is basically snow free in most of the areas around here now, there are still small amounts of icy snow inthe nearby woods and the tyre I have been using is just 1.95" and has basically no tread. The route I want to do is one I used to do regularly and is half road and half light, easy trails. The only difficulty is that it is pretty steep in parts as it is in an area with some ski slopes. So I have found in the past that this relatively little tyre with little focus on grip is good and light enough but these small patches of snow are just a bit too much right now, so I switched to a 24"x3" Berm Master, which is brand new to me but I found a couple of threads mentioning it. Hopefully this gives me just enough extra traction and volume for those sections.

5 Likes

Left: Nut and bolts that were holding my bearing caps on. Both were a size too big to fit.
Right: Properly sized socket head cap and nylock nut.

Proper Nimbus seat post clamp finally holds the seat in place without it rotating wantonly. Love not having to straighten it constantly. Fusion Freeride saddle is the best saddle I’ve tried so far. 127ish cranks from another random uni. Nimbus pedals for plenty of grippy goodness. The rim has rust/discoloration spots all round it that still needs to be polished off, then “satin brush” it along with the cranks like I did the frame for a cohesive uniform look. 24x1.75 generic tire.

Current state of my WIP Torker “Torkie”.

6 Likes

Los Angeles, CA Pico Union District

7 Likes

Following on the black theme and why I can’t be trusted with grown up money:

I made my black 26" (everything but the cranks) carbon build for my travel uni.

I’m using a left over 24" frame but can still accommodate a 2.4" tire or so.

4 Likes

Beautiful spring time with the uni

16 Likes

That is a great picture!

1 Like

After hours of tinkering, my new Flansberrium unicycle is ready to ride!

24 Likes

Fantastic! I wondered what that saddle is?

It is a bike saddle ISM PN 2.1
I have mounted other saddles of this brand on handlesaddle. They were PN 1.1
PN means Performance Narrow, it’s a relatively narrow range of saddles.
The 2.1 and 1.1 are made in a “40” density foam. They are the softest. There is a model with a “50” density foam, but it has a different shape.

1 Like

What all do you have packed on that rig? Do you camp or do overnight stays? Or do you just have stuff for day trips? I see you mentioned you did 100 km, was that in one day?

Thanks! It seems to be the most uni-friendly bicycle saddle I’ve ever seen. How do you feel when riding on it upright, without leaning on the handle bar?

1 Like

I made some “performance enhancements” to my Koxx Green Spirit trials uni.

For some time, the orange double-bolt seat post clamp has bugged me, as has the red rim strip.

I found a neon green seat post clamp, and had a white rim strip. I also switched out the Fyxation Gates white nylon pedals for Koxx/TryAll pinned aluminum pedals made by VP.

Lastly, a new valve stem cap was necessary.

The saddle is an Impact saddle with a removable cover. I have an extra black cover as well. I think it may be the older version of the Impact Naomi? It uses a Velo base.

Time will tell whether these enhancements will provide more balance for skinny-riding, or allow for more air when hopping. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Comfort is a very personal thing but I’m also a big fan of ISM saddles on a unicycle :slight_smile:
All credits for the idea goes to @toutestbon
I have three unicycles setup with a combination of a m4o handle saddle bases and different ISM saddles.
You can find more info in this post

I can’t imagine riding them hands-free but you don’t need an aero-bar to appreciate the saddles. I ride in a posture quite similar to what you would do on a city/hybrid bike.

M4O handle saddle base “L” on my KH36 / Nextie carbon rim unicycle:

… and fun fact is that “Adamo” spelled backwards is the name of the company where I have been employed for many years … it must be destiny :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks! The saddle really looks like it’s meant to be used with the M4O handle!

1 Like

Oh, a pit fighter II seatpost. Those were very sought after, because they lasted very long…even for top riders it would take half a year to break it.
A very nice uni you have there overall, Koxx one did make good unicycles, too bad the whole Koxx brand apparently wasn’t very good at business…