Post a picture of your unicycle(s)

I have seen threads like this in the past but nothing recent. Take a picture of one (or more!) of your currently used unicycles and post a picture, so we can see the range of what unicycles look like these days. Maybe talk a little bit about the parts. I can start.

This is my 26er. The oldest parts of this (the wheelset, including the hub) are from a unicycle I bought in response to one of my first postings on this forum. Since that time I have replaced or tweaked various parts for different reasons. The frame was a result of not looking after the original Nimbus frame. The short (89mm) cranks are to give me some speed as I am currently using it for road usage. Similarly the fat frank road tyre, instead of a more aggressively treaded tyre. The green seat post clamp and pedals are actually intended to be with my URC 24 (which has a green frame) but I put them on here for fun contrast against the red frame (well unless you are colour blind, in which case perhaps the contrast will not be obvious at all :wink:). No brakes. The frame has a brake mount but I would need to rebuild the wheelset with a hub that supports a disk to make use of that. Perhaps one day in the future.

1 Like

Just a little more on this

The key part from the above link for those that don’t feel like clicking

In case anyone was curious, I did eventually separate the old Nimbus frame (after I had already ordered a new frame of course) and I still have that lying around somewhere. :rofl:

1 Like

5 unicycles hanging on the wall. Some more used than others.

7 Likes

Not sure about the first (from left to right) but after that it appears to be Nimbus, M4O, Kris Holm, Kris Holm.

Edit: Ok I think the first is Nimbus as well

Here’s mine swimming in mud :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We have a similar thread on our French forum! Lots of pictures (and stories, if you read French…) :slight_smile:

Currently, I only own a KH 24" that I don’t use, and a QX 27.5" that I use every day (perfect size wheel for me):

I also had a custom freewheel 24", but I didn’t use it so I sold it last year:

3 Likes

It is in good hands, don’t worry, and I do practice with from time to time, even if current restrictions and weather don’t help

4 Likes

4 Likes

Nice and welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Difficult or you just didn’t enjoy it?

1 Like

I don’t read french but I just looked through lots of the pictures. Really interesting.

1 Like

Too lazy to learn! :sweat:

1 Like

Ha, fair enough. I get the motivation thing. I still haven’t learnt to idle. I did consider putting the effort in just to annoy @UniMyra but now that he is doing quite well at it, I have no more reason to learn. :rofl:

7 Likes

Thanks! I hope to post many more, I just started unicycling two months ago!

3 Likes

Oh nice. In that case congrats!

I need to ride my muni more.

7 Likes

Unicycles

I never managed to get that saddle turned around on the Miyata… anyways, a 36" should be joining (left to right) Cosmo and Harvey soon.

1 Like

How do you like that long handled M41 saddle?

My babies

4 Likes

It’s pretty nice. Lightweight and stiff. Elegant design.

I went for the long as it matches the hand position I used with my old KH T-Bar (which it replaced). In practice I find that I don’t use the full length much for muni, so if I was buying it again I would consider the medium instead.

I don’t have a strong opinion on the saddle comfort since I only use it for muni. I should try it on my 36er sometime and see what it’s like for longer rides.