Post a picture of your unicycle(s)

Yeah they do. Thanks. I thought the KH came stock with something that looks like that too.

UDC UK has both the 110/125/150 and 114/142/170 VCX+ cranks in stock – they were originally only available in the 110/125/150mm version and the 114/142/170 was added relatively recently.

1 Like

I believe the original manufacturer is wellgo, but a number of unicycle brands have had them put their name on that design over the years. I prefer the versions with nylon reinforced plastic over the clear ones, but for the (very low) price they are decent pedals.

1 Like

Any notes on a comparison between them and Fyxation Gates? Mostly regarding grip. The Gates are fantastic all things considered, but with anything other than the 5 10 shoes - the grip isn’t the best for me.

Everybody’s right.
Wellgos that I took off my KH29.

They’re ok and they came with the unis so they get used.
Race Face Chesters are the replacements.

I got a pair of Race Face Chesters to try and they ended up on my wifes mountain bike. They were nice quality but a bit too small of a platform for me, and while this sounds hypocritical considering I’m looking for grip - too much spikes for me. This was a while ago, so maybe I should try them again.

My favorite pedals are actually the black ones with the metal strip that comes on the Nimbus MUnis.

My 2022 MTU

This is a very special cycle for me. I rode this approximately six days a week for most of 2022. Some of you know, and while I won’t drag on about this, my journey into mountain unicycling has also been part of a very successful recovery effort. This thing took me all over southwest Virginia, USA, among other states including Texas, Alabama, and South Carolina. And I’ve tried to tattoo it with stickers from all the parks, states, and special places it took me. Not every place is represented, but there are quite a few. Allow me to share some:

Regarding the above image. Breaks Interstate Park was a regular, often weekly place we visited. It was my first place to really dig into some gnarly single track terrain. Tough stuff with lots of southwest VA steep slopes, roots, and almost jungle-like vegetation. You can also see a peacock sticker, because my spirit animal is a peacock :stuck_out_tongue:

The above image has a “STOKE” custom sticker because that is this MUni’s name. It’s other 2022 24" counterpart sibling is “EXUBERANCE”. I got the sticker made from a cool Etsy shop. The inspiration is here. Above the STOKE sticker is the area that has high friction and so stickers get burnt off quickly. There is one from Pelham Alabama where we went to Oak Mountain Park for the 2022 STOMP event. The black sticker on top of that was from an absolutely delish place that @Uni2ONE2 took me to when I visited Dallas, TX, and we did some riding. It was an awesome BBQ joint called Lockhart Smokehouse. At the bottom is another state park called Clinch River Park.

The above image has lots of stickers that hold lots of memories. The Appalachian Adventures sticker does reference a business that maintains trails (we rode one -Spearhead Trails) BUT the term Appalachian Adventures is much more meaningful for our entire summer of romping around in southwest Virginia. Above that is a sticker of the outline of the state of Virginia (VA). No link for that sticker because the seller isn’t on Etsy anymore.

Early on, my idea was to just get state stickers of where I visited, but the idea progressed and morphed into what it became. The NR sticker came with NiteRider gear we got for the STOMP event. That night ride was, hands-down, the coolest ride of 2022. Above that is a Triple 8 sticker for the Sweatsaver helmet that I got. I tried a few helmets this year, and that one is a keeper.

On the other fork we have a very special Dallas Texas sticker. This is from when I visited @Uni2ONE2. Behind that is a sticker that reads “FUELED BY MAYHEM” which is another recovery sticker. I won’t explain that one.

Finally, this is just a fun one. I found a fellow named Ben Gravy, who among other things, surfs and lives a recovery-focused life. Just thought he was a rad dude with awesome vibes so I bought a sticker to support him.

Well, this thing gave me an unbelievably awesome 2022. Words cannot explain how it has changed me helped me given to me and just made life that much more rad. Thanks for reading…

…And I’m very excited to share a post very soon about the 2023 build :smiling_imp:

14 Likes

Just updated my Muni with the new Christmas gear I got; tan Magic Mary tyre and Nukeproof Horizon Pro Sam Hill pedals. Looking forward to hitting a few downhill trails tomorrow to try them out!

8 Likes

I’m loving the skinwall tyre colour! I have a Magic Mary 27.5x2.8 and think it’s excellent, but it is boring and black and now I am jealous of the new colour option!

I also have the Magic Mary in 26"x2,36" and it’s good. Also in black and boring but he make his work very well on the Trails.

Yer i thought I’d give the tan a try and I’m not disappointed aesthetically! I’ve gone for a 2.4 to see how I get on with a thinner tyre hoping to be a bit more manoeuvrable but have gone with the super gravity casing to offset the smaller volume with the dampening of stronger sidewalls

2023 Mad4One Build

• 27.5" Mad4One Tecno ISIS
  • I went for all black components (all black carbon fiber rim + nipples + spokes is being built this week; the image above has the stock rim that came from Mad4One)
  • Saint M820 brake
  • Since taking the image I did put a KH Starfighter on
  • After the first ride, I’m likely to just install the brake handle on the Handle Saddle
  • The pedals (shown below, from Mad4One) gave great first impressions from a very muddy first ride today

13 Likes

Man that thing looks sick. I love the techno frames for the reason, I’ve got a magenta one and it’s honestly such a pretty thing.

You’ll die a bit on the inside when it first gets scratches but remember it’s made to be used.

Happy trails!

4 Likes

Haha thanks much. Yeah I took it on a very muddy run today. Broke it in.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve shared these here yet, but I recently did a little photoshoot with my uni.
Party (freewheel) mode with the red wheelset, business (fixed) mode with the black one. I’m super happy with the look and how it rides. Only detail is that I now wish I had gotten a red or black brake (gold was 15€ cheaper)…

12 Likes

I agree black would look better but it still looks great , Id like a RGB in green to put my freehub in as i have to keep putting it into another frame which is stopping me riding i think.

It would be great if you fancied doing a freewheel video either tuturial or just riding.

I like the gold (lets call it champagne just to be fancy :wink: ).

1 Like

All consumers gets cheap once awhile. Some times it’s taken advantage of.

1 Like

Looks like a German National Team unicycle!

I can’t really complain, on average, I’ve been very happy buying the ugly colors that are left on the shelf when new stuff comes out (especially with kneepads, gloves, bike clothes), saves some money and I don’t care too much about looks. In a few months I probably won’t care anymore, but when I built it up, it just stuck out to me that this is the one thing I’d change to make it perfect.

Freewheel tutorial is up next (probably out in a few weeks). I’ve been having a lot of fun on it so far and learned a lot, just have to reach out to a few people so I can include their tips too.
I may have also accidentally started collecting footage for a more traditional video with the freewheel, I had a bit of a breakthrough ride where I rode some stuff that I didn’t think would be possible this quickly…

1 Like