Post a picture of your unicycle(s)

I started this thread with a picture of one of my unicycles. I might as well give an update. Now it has gone from a 26" wheel to a 29", cranks are at the 100mm position and finally I added a brake.

Before:

After:

Still not particularly fancy but just to keep everyone in the loop on changes. :wink:

7 Likes

This shot was at Fairmount Golf Course park, in Cali.

10 Likes

I have no idea how you use those handlebars or that brake with the way you have it setup :grinning:.

2 Likes

With the knee I guess :smile:

1 Like

:rofl: :joy:

1 Like

The break lever slid down before I took the picture the handle bars feel good to me.

My current one, a 27.5" QX Q-axle, with the newcomer: a rusty, heavy 20" QU-AX generously donated by a friend, which will be used by people around me to learn how to ride a unicycle :slight_smile:

edit: @nico33.fr warned me that the seat should be oriented to the right, not the left (I verified it and the frame is on the right side regarding the cranks). I didn’t pay attention enough when tightening the seat post :grin:

4 Likes

M’y heavy 5years old dirty Muni. It’s a 26" Wheel with 150 mm ctanks.

6 Likes

Everybody… this is Molly.
Molly, this is everybody.

19 Likes

Are the cranks customized with a third hole or are they sold this way?

Playing in the snow today with my new tire. Picked up this older nimbus 2 a few months ago, it’s pretty fun to ride a 24 again.

3 Likes

My VCX+ cranks have three holes. They are sold that way.

2 Likes

You buy them like that.

I do believe that stock usually comes with 114mm/142mm/170mm triple holes.
Though this uni that I bought (second hand) has 100mm/ 125mm/150mm holes that are much more my preference.

Sad thing is that it’s -27C during the day so rides are close to the house.
I can’t wait to take it out on our fatbike trails.

1 Like

Interesting, both the handle setup (very high!), and the way the brake lever is turned up instead of down. It is Interesting to see how unique different folks’ bar and brake setup preferences are!

1 Like

The brake position is a compromise as the length is too short.
If the brake is needed, I can still grab between the bar ends with one hand and can control the brake lever with my thumb.
Normally I would have it upright and between the bar ends.
Not what I want, but it will do for now.

I looked at swapping the brake line from my KH36 which is extra long but the Shimano brake on the KH is a BR-MT400 and the Hatchet has a BR-MT410.
The KH is a righthanded outboard and the Hatchet is a lefthanded inboard so the brakes would have to be mounted from the opposite side as well as being flipped.

It does look like everything would line up but I’m a little scared to rip it all apart and have it not work or worse yet, wreck something that is working now.
I’ll wait till I’m broke down or someone with more knowledge can help me.

But ya, I do prefer a much more upright stance when I ride.

2 Likes

Mt400 and Mt410 are pretty much exactly the same, only difference might be the piston material, but that doesn’t matter for how it fits. Same shape caliper. So it should be a 15 minute job to swap the brakes, if you take your time…

1 Like

Thanks Finn,

I might tackle this as we’re still stuck in deep freeze for another day.

1 Like

You were right.
Thanks again for the kick.

So of course, another picture…

9 Likes

What kind of pedals are they? They look nice.

They look like the same pedals from QU-AX unicycles.

But I don’t know the brand or model.

2 Likes