Post a picture of your unicycle(s)

The helmet is a Fox “Macina” I actually got it a few years ago when I was commuting to work by electric bike and had a nasty “UPD”. Got launched forward and impacted head first on my forehead in my normal cycling helmet. Impact smashed the helmet to little pieces. Just got lacerations all over my forehead from the friction of the helmet. Now I wear full face helmets. Not shown in photo, but after that “UPD”, I wear Leatt Body protector (elbow, shoulder, back, chest pads), knee pads and wrist guards.
In the last 3 months commuting to work, I only had one UPD which involved a impact/roll. Wrist gaurds have saved me a few times.
My commute to/from Sydney Olympic Park.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m interested.

Today’s casual ride with Madam Butterfly (aka @Gockie ) at Sydney Olympic Park. Beautiful day other than the wind.

7 Likes

Thankyou Bruce! It was a beautiful day with a bit of wind. I wouldn’t do a social ride in SOP if I was just by myself, so thankyou, and thanks for taking the video :slight_smile: Went into some parts of SOP I had never been to before or don’t do much. :slight_smile:

It’s also the first time I did a regular 29er ride since coming back from Unicon. It’s been a bit too long between rides :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This outfit is absolutely amazing, I love it (I’ve already said it, but no reason not to say it again)!

It would be even better if the wings flapped in the wind :smile:

1 Like

If you are talking about my butterfly wing outfit, Thankyou!!
I have a variety of wings…. Butterfly, dragon, fairy…
I have other butterfly wings that you have on your back and attach to a finger too to make it flap. I’ve worn them a lot on my rides. Pic here! (Most probably also taken by @BruceC)

The jersey I wore today is “Brisbane valley rail trail”. I like it as it is very Aussie dry countryside inspired with the local birds etc. 161km/100 miles.
Would I do the whole Brisbane Valley rail trail again on a unicycle? No, once is enough I reckon (I don’t live close by). But I would do sections quite happily. Most sections don’t have enough tree coverage for my liking.

8 Likes

Don’t encourage her! There are tutu as well as wings.

FB_IMG_1622333781396~2

7 Likes

VERY nice :+1:

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Post a picture of your unicycle(s):

These are my 36ers that I love to ride flat land distance I really enjoy riding these two, they are so much fun every ride is an adventure. :+1:

5 Likes

Lovely to see a fellow rider with a Nimbus Impulse Nightrider 36er, it’s such a sweet ride.

1 Like

Nimbus Oracle 24” :-)!!!

16 Likes

My Mad4one street uni arrived today! A thing of beauty :stuck_out_tongue: It’s been years since I’ve done that sort of riding, I stick to Muni, but the Mrs has got into skateboarding so thought I’d join her at the skatepark and relearn a few skills…

17 Likes

The latest addition to our collection:

Our little one decided that his Lego-like MTB could be a good unicycle, too. I’ve no idea what led him to such ideas… :yum: So he asked me to convert it - and of course I couldn’t resist :grin:

23 Likes

That’s awesome!

1 Like

That is superb!

1 Like

Awesome! Maybe do a few iterations and post it on https://ideas.lego.com/ :blush:

3 Likes

Lego might not like it because the original bike was from a different company that sells sets of bricks that are more or less compatible with Lego but aren’t Lego (need to look up the name, something Chinese…?). I’m not aware of any Lego wheels that would suit a muni as well as this wheel does that I’ve used.

3 Likes

That’s look amazing :blush:

1 Like

That saddle looks painfull.:confounded:

sure ive sat on worse!!

3 Likes