Post a picture of your unicycle(s)

I also have a wonderful kh 29 (way less impressive, but I love it). Now that I have my long distance frame, it will probably become a muni/climb uni.
I have a qu-ax muni that I use for flat, freestyle, street and a bit of muni. This one have a really bad tendency to break its handles (I have changed it one or two times and it is broken right now), due to seat drag and a lot of falls in a skatepark bowl.
And my last “unicycle” is a 24" ultimate wheel, wich I like to ride a bit from time to time (but not really often, since I have a tendency to ride in shorts, and skin against tire isn’t a really comfortable option.

I’m sure that with a bit of motivation (and money) you could get a similar one.

I think that @jaco_flans could do it for example, I know that if I had been in the same country as him, he would have done it.

2 Likes

11 Likes

Nice looking unis. What are the length on those impact cranks on your 36er?

Hi ruari, those are 118mm

1 Like

Nice size. I wondered if it was around there. I typically run 117s these days on my 36.

1 Like

I stay in Thailand one month with the family of my wife. Originally I wanted to buy a uni at home and bring it on the plane to Thailand, but it happened they also sell them in Bangkok. I figured that I dont need a professional uni, so I got me one of 100 eur. The downside is that they didnt have long seat pins so I sit very low on it. I am 1.86m and taller than most Thai

I guess it will have to do but it really is a crappy Chinese product.

4 Likes

What happens with the saddle? Was it so if you bought it or is the quality not the best?

You can say: I’ve bought a uni in my holidays and you will never forget it that you’re bought a unicycle in Bangkok. It’s a nice one. You can ride with it and that’s the important thing.

The seat was black yes and not a good quality. I think it had been lying around too long. I did get a discount for it.
Any unicycle is better than no unicycle and so far I only got positive reactions. Nobody said that I lost something. Then again I have no idea what that sounds like in Thai.
Riding at 6 am is the best time. Then it isnt too hot yet.

1 Like

Yes, it’s hot. In Grenoble it was very hot. 20 Degree at 5 am in the morning. The Afternoon it’s 38 degree in the shadow. To Hit for riding.

38… urghh. I was in the UK when it hit 40 a few weeks back. I did not enjoy it.

:laughing:

On Wednesday we will travel back to Bangkok, so I decided to go on one last ride with the “crappy” uni. Since I can’t ride off-road with it, the roads to ride around here are limited. The closest hardened road is a little over 5 kms in length and so far I hadnt ridden it to the end, but I did now. It took more than one and a half hour. Next time I will get a longer saddle pin, because it isnt too good on my knees. Also generalky I dont bring water for only 10K rides, which wasn’t a smart thing to do here in Thailand. The last kilometer was quite difficult. In the sun it is warmer than 30 Celsius.
Anyway Im happy I now have a uni in Thailand too. Last time I also stayed a month and I started getting dreams about riding my unicycles.

2 Likes

I posted three of these photos today in another thread. This unicycle has been seen in this site in the past, but not owned by me.

It was originally custom-built by Al L. The original buyer was @pdc (back in 2005, I think), and he may have ridden it one mile, total. The tire had zero wear on it when it arrived at my house.

I replaced the pedals with some yellow pedals with a larger platform that somehow made the unicycle even easier to ride.

This unicycle is a joy to ride. I expected much more camber sensitivity, but I learned to “go with it” for a bit, and that actually creates a corrective response.

It is two things at one time. It is my easiest unicycle to ride, and it is my most challenging unicycle to ride. It’s hard to explain. It just creates a huge grin on my face every time I ride it. I normally ride it on 1.5 mile loops with my dog. I have ridden down 5-inch drops with it, but nothing harsher than that.

As if the smiles it creates during the day were not enough, I added one additional item to the uni. That is a LED hub light. The light can light up as a solid, or flashing light in 8-10 colors, but I normally keep it in solid yellow mode. It definitely ensures the uni will be seen at night. The attached photo does not do the yellow color justice. In person, the yellow looks very yellow, but in reality it is a combination of multiple “other colors” to make our eyes see yellow.

4 Likes

this is my 32" ride

9 Likes

Everything about your 32” is awesome! Thanks for sharing!!!

With these m4o saddles, it makes me want to shout “you lost half of your saddle!”
Will we soon have to start an evil-twin thread: “quote of the day from unsuspected riders” ? :rofl:

2 Likes

I built my unis shed! It is not perfect but it works

5 Likes

Not a recent one and I gave away this unicycle since then.

Taken on the Champ de Mars, in Briançon, France:

5 Likes

Riding to work setup.

Posing in backyard

8 Likes

What helmet model is that? Is that the one you actually use?