Post a picture of your Schlumpf(s)

That looks like the beginning of a lot of fun. Gear up and share your photos once you’re riding it. Just a tad envious/jealous, but in the good warm-hearted unicycle way.

I justified all this as my mid life crisis spend. I reckon I only got a couple of decades left to really enjoy it.
By the way have a look at the tee bar I got made for the aerobar set up.

11 Likes

Can’t wait to see this all built :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Hi Jaco, beautiful fork, is it aluminium or steel? :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

4130 CROMO Steel !

5 Likes

Nimbus Oracle G36”

• Frame: Nimbus Oracle 36” Disc
  • Hub: Schlumpf 2022 Disc 125mm M1424 36h (Fixed Drive)
  • Rim: Nimbus Dominator2 (Black)
  • Spokes: 14g (Black) 360mm/362mm - [with 13g washers on spoke heads non-disc side]
  • Nipples: Brass (Silver)
  • Brake: Hope Tech3 E4 (Orange)
  • Brake Mount: Hope B (Black
  • Rotor: 203
  • Tyre: Vee Rubber T-Monster 2022 36”
  • Inner Tube: Lightweight 36” Schrader
  • Value Cap: Dice (Black)
  • Saddle: Qu-Ax Eleven + Ursli Bar (Long)
  • Seatpost: UDC Steel 25.4
  • Clamp: Mad4One 2-Bolt (Orange)
  • Cranks: Kris Holm Moments 125/150
  • Pedals: Hope F20 Pedals (Orange)

This wheel was beautifully built by @rogeratunicycledotcom (and co) - and it’s assembled very nicely :star_struck:

The frame was also very tidily filed down for best fitment:

I’m totally cog-nisant of my excess in this department - I have been captured not only by the unicycle n+1 rule, but also by geared unicycling. As mentioned before, I have no car, don’t do holidays, and these represent my life focus / passion that I don’t see dwindling in the future :gear::heart:

As soon as the rain stops I’m going to take this for a decent test ride :smiley:

15 Likes

Oh my that’s fabulous :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Schlumpf 2022 Build Questions

925g including hub brackets and bolts.

1 Like

Kris Holm G36 Braus Carbon

• Frame: KH36 Double Disc Tab (Blue)
  • Hub: Schlumpf 2022/23 Disc 100mm M1245 32h (Fixed Drive)
  • Rim: Alchemist Braus Carbon Fibre 32h (Black)
  • Spokes: 14g (Black) - [with 13g washers on spoke heads non-disc side] 359mm/360.5mm
  • Brake: Hope Tech3 V4 (Blue)
  • Brake Mount: Hope B (Silver)
  • Rotor: 203
  • Tyre: King George Ultimate 36”
  • Inner Tube: TPU Tube from TRENTASEI//36 (36pollici.it)
  • Saddle: Kris Holm Street (Black)
  • Bar: Kris Holm T-bar + Brass Bell
  • Seatpost: KH 27.2
  • Clamp: Mad4One 3-Bolt (Black)
  • Cranks: Kris Holm Spirits 127/150
  • Pedals: Hope F20 Pedals (Gold)

This is my LAST💰unicycle project for ages!!! For anyone who may meet me at Unicon21 you’ll see me eating solely bread and water as I plan to now retreat to riding with my economy diet until 2030 after my hub-centric profligate year+ :sweat_smile::heart::gear:

(And in the above build - yes the V4 clears fairly well with two sets of spacers. With the provided 1mm thickness - it cleared but was a bit too close for comfort. Really want the 220 rotors as those would be ace!)

7 Likes

How come you have built 2 G36ers? I thought I had just seen you build the same a few weeks back?

One for road and the other for muni? :grin:

1 Like

Yes I know. It is doubly excessive :see_no_evil:

I had debated with myself as to whether I’d share/admit to this fourth build - but then I felt if I ‘hid’ it I’d not be authentic to myself or where my interests are moving - and it would likely as not leak out in another thread where I ask a question about some hub / wheel fitment or elsewhere when testing a new brake rotor.

So yeah I decided to throw caution to the wind and admit to my addiction and the consequences of it in this latest and final geared build (and risk the views of others that I’m flexing or bragging or just down right crazy)

And yes:

Maxcence has it. The 125mm hub G36er is a workhorse one, more muni and has that heavy wheel feel.

The carbon one is for road or racing and is the one I’ll most likely take to Unicon21 provided I am match fit by 2024 (which I am working hard to be)

So as mad as it seems there is a Felix logic to it all :star_struck::gear:

6 Likes

Personally I’m not in the market for another but hats off to you; I wouldn’t mind having more Schlumpfs around the house.

For these later ones did you just order them from Florian? I thought the previous model ones were stockpiled a little bit but didn’t think that was the case for the new ones

1 Like

No these two for the G36ers came from an original order via UDC UK. I tacked on the 32h hub later on when I “cracked” for the idea of a Braus rim wheel. The long wait made this feel more possible I guess.

Ordering from Florian happened as I was eager to be in on an early order. These direct order hubs are fine in my view, but I did in some ways pay the price of being an early adopter.

So I don’t really have a huge preference where I order from. For 36ers the advantage was I didn’t really want to entrust the building to someone who didn’t know the wheel size. They were also the supplier of the Braus rim and spokes so it was just easier. And tax and duty in the hubs weren’t my concern.

I do wonder if Florian has any stockpiles of these in his workshops. It seems likely you’d make 5-10% extra orders as demand will be there.

Now my duty is to ride the heck out of them all for the next 30-40 years :grinning::muscle:

5 Likes

I believe now everyone wants to see a picture of your Schlumpf fleet :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Haha. No judgement here; I’d have the same if I could. In fact you are probably doing all the rest of us all a favour; because when I go to add a 3rd uni to my collection, and the wife says something like “3 unicycles is quite alot isn’t it?!” I can quite truthfully assure her that 3 unicycles is actually very few indeed :sweat_smile: There’s an absolute genius show called ‘Detectorists’ (you may have seen it?) and this here is one of my favourite scenes that I think sums up our uni obsession pretty damn well;
https://youtu.be/goyFj6nvKuM

2 Likes

Sorry the reply is nearly a month later, I was away on holiday for 3 weeks or so

1 Like

Flansberrium G36

• Frame: Flansberrium 4130 Steel 125mm tapered from Crown to hubs
  • Hub: Schlumpf 2022/23 Disc 125mm (Fixed Drive)
  • Rim: Nimbus Dominator 2
  • Spokes: 14g (Black) - [with 13g washers on spoke heads non-disc side] 360mm/362mm
  • Brake - Primary: Shimano XT (BR-M8120) c/w1700mm hose (rear left)
  • Brake - Secondary: Shimano GRX BL-RX812-L
  • Brake Caliper Mount: PM to IS 203 Front
  • Rotor: 203 Schlumpf
  • Tyre: Nimbus Nightrider lite 36”
  • Inner Tube: Unicycle.com 36"
  • Saddle: Kris Holm Fusion one
  • Bar: Flansberrium custom Aluminium T-Bar 520x200 reinforced with Stainless tube OD 16mm
  • T-Bar seat mount: KH TBar touring
  • T-Bar Seat post mount: ex.Bontrager Handlebar stem
  • Aero Bar: Alloy Triathlon Aero Road Mountain
  • Seatpost: KH 27.2
  • Clamp: Nimbus 31.8mm Oracle seat clamp (Red)
  • Cranks: Nimbus VCX ISIS 138mm
  • Crank installing Axle Bolt: Crank Spindle Bolt 22mm (M14 Thread) from localbmx.com.au
  • Pedals: from kids 20" bike (worth a try)
10 Likes

I’ll have a similar setup when my Flansberrium frame will be ready! Would you mind giving reviews when you’ve tested it?

2 Likes