Pictures of your latest ride

New ride to Porthmadog, Wales.
Pic 1: Archway over cycling route into Porthmadog
Pic 2: The very-cheap-mans Shlumph alternative - swopping out the cranks for the beginning of some heavy gradients.
Pic 3: No, not the Mediterranean - just wet and windy Wales on a good day in downtown Porthmadog.

very good idea! get some dual holes!

Great Muni ride on Monday!

Hi guys,

I took advantage of a day off on Monday to ride my Guni 26" offroad for a big part of the day in the Alps mountains around Grenoble (France).

Here are more pictures for those of you who are interested:

(it starts with the picture #14 - previous ones in the snow being from last month)

It was a really great ride, on a sunny day, with perhaps only 10 people to meet along the little less than 30 kilometers of offroad paths!

I didn’t use the upper gear at all (excepted for 6kms on the road, to reach from my car the start of the offroad itinerary) - but really found my setup (26", 150mm cranks, low psi pressure) quite ideal for this type of ride.

But anyway, I’m giving too many details already about it… after all, this thread is about pictures, right? :slight_smile:

Cheers, MadC.

Was going to beat my best daily commute time. Unfortunately I failed… for now :slight_smile:

jiivan: that’s a pity… heal fast! and in the meantime ride carefully :wink:

and my picture from my first commute with Mountainuni disc brake. Great feeling and the declines seem flatter now :slight_smile:

Why did you choose to use the KH T-bar as a mount for your brake level instead of the traditional underseat attachment? Does it stick out as far past the seat as it looks like?

I ride the road with 125/110’s but in the photo I am assessing 150’s for climbing gradients I can’t manage on 125. If it seems good I will buy 125/150. Someone posted a thread on pedals that ‘slotted’ into a fixture that was already screwed into the cranks. Wish I could find that again. Seemed like a good feature and just for the sake of a dismount, a lot cheaper, simpler - and realiable? - than a Shlumph hub. OK, I’m sorry I said that :o :frowning:

It sticks out definitely too much. But used T-bar mount because I plan to use T-bar as well. I’ve just mounted it this evening.

It was kb1kji. One of his posts here: Post Your 36er Here - #268 by kb1jki
but there was something with more descriptions.

I did a short ride this morning at a local riding spot ~1 mile from my house.

1. Some nice wide, fairly smooth track that runs along side a pond.
  2. A fun spot: coming down this hill gives some good speed before the slalom through the trees.
  3. Riding through a few rocks.
  4. Some singletrack with a nice log ride.
  5. It took me a few tries to clean the rocky line down the center.
  6. A forest smurf.

EP1001-3902_russellmill-650.jpg

EP1001-3903_russellmill-650.jpg

EP1001-3904_russellmill-650.jpg

i am liking those pedals

vookash you have really pimped out your nimbus 29. Looks very cool!!

Nice pics:)

I want to put on a break as well but Maguras are too pricey for me:(, so I’d like to get one like yours.

Did you just mount that break into one of the Magura mounts or did you have to use an adapter (if so where did you get it)?

What is the make and model of that break (since some have more, some less clearance)? What’s the max tire you can run w/ that setup?

But I noticed them first :roll_eyes:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85849

me jumping off table and my wrecking…

206246_1790410733337_1631690427_1714155_7556313_n.jpg

Sorry, double post.

Adapters to install a V-brake on Magura mounts are available but you can make your own cheaply: one way to put V-Brakes on Mag mounts (photos are later in the thread)

It’s a Tektro 857AL (arms are 110mm long). On my 26" there is slightly less clearance between the crosswire and tire than there is between the frame and the tire so I’d say a 3" tire would work but there wouldn’t be much mud clearance.

Thanks… actually they were originally on my bike and I’ve exchanged them to same design but metal. And then they came in temporarily onto the uni and stay there until now :slight_smile: The grip is not that good so I’ll take my platforms when going Muni.

Thanks… I like it this way :slight_smile: Probably more photos today.

Got a photo on a way to work.

Nice view. It must be nice to live in Cracow except for the rainy weather probably :stuck_out_tongue: And I can see your Tbar is mounted. Nice work with a 29er.

Not the best view but it was of my latest ride to work after a couple of months off. Feels great to be back in the saddle :slight_smile:

IMG_1212.JPG

Elbow smash bruise from working some SIF hops yesterday sans elbow guards.
Ouch I say.
Shug