Pictures of your latest ride

Ouch! But at least no blood! :astonished:

All smiles on today’s 25 mile beach ride, after getting my thyroid test results this morning. Since stating on Levoxyl 6 weeks ago for hypothyroidism, my levels are back to normal! :slight_smile:

Mighty fine!!! Were you feeling different before???
Shug…want’s to know.

My previous tests showed definite hypothyroidism, which can have lots of symptoms, but mine were mainly fatigue, cold extremities, splitting nails and lowered metabolism. The last one didn’t effect me much since I ride almost daily, otherwise I would have been gaining a lot of weight! It was probably still considered “sub-clinical”, because only my TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) was out of range, while my other levels, such as T3 and free were in normal ranges. I’m told that many people go undiagnosed for years, never knowing they are Hypo. And that number can be HUGE!

It is also known that many people have been misdiagnosed as ADHD, when all along they actually had hypothyroidism. Yep, and the very FIRST thing my doc had asked me, just before prescribing Adderall for what he thought was classic ADHD, he asked me if I had had a recent thyroid test! I told him no, and at the time didn’t know what the connection was, so I said I was sure it was fine. Wrong! And that was over a year ago now. Not saying that I don’t also have ADHD, but it does make me wonder now if it was just Hypo T all along!

But in the last few weeks I could really feel the difference and all those symptoms went away! What surprises me is that i was able to do that Fargo hill climb before I started the meds, and still had those symptoms! :smiley:

Great pictures, everyone! If I said it every time I thought it, this thread would be full of me saying it! This thread makes my day a little brighter when I can’t get on my wheel and I have to enjoy the experience vicariously. Thank you

Here are my humble contributions from American Samoa.

Atuu, American Samoa

Muni ride to the top of Mt. Alava, American Samoa

Mango,
You brought your guni to American Samoa?!?!?!? So cool! Great pics.
Geoff

Terry, you caught it early enough, as long as your thyroid hormones were in range (T3 and 4), your thyroid was doing it’s job. TSH is a hormone from the pituitary gland that tells the thyroid what to do. If it starts to decrease, you have a little while to see an appreciable decrease in thyroid function. chances are, if you waited longer, you would have felt crappier and your lab work would have been “clinical”.
Glad you’re feeling better!

Terry, I’m pretty sure you are ADHD haha.

But I am very glad to hear that my riding buddy and good friend is doing well!

Great for getting back into it.

Is that area locked up from the public? Unless you’re somewhere with a really low bike-theft rate, you may want to think about getting a beefier lock. Those cable ones can be cut easily with bolt cutters. Sounds unrealistic until you come back to no uni and your cut lock hanging on the rack… don’t let it happen to you!

I’d recommend the Kryptonite Evolution Mini 5. A bit heavy, but just big enough to secure the wheel through a rack. https://www.kryptonitelock.com/products/ProductDetail.aspx?cid=1001&scid=1000&pid=1100
Most U-Locks will be better security than a cable.

Never had a problem with my old Coker, but the KH36 with T-Bar just looks to nice to resist, I guess…

Yeah, I was probably only “sub clinical” since my other levels were still within range, but I agree that it was caught early enough that I never really experienced the worst of the symptoms. I was also concerned that I might have had Hashimotos, which is where your own immune system destroys the thyroid gland over time.

Thanks Dr. Dane, haha! :wink: Hey, I PM’d you 24 hours ago about riding Cheesboro tomorrow. I’ll be there about 8-8:30am.

I too love this thread.
Love the American Samoa pix…I was there once and met some fine folks and played billiards. They sure love billiards.

Here is todays ride on my KH 29’er for Earth Day or whatever))))))
Shug

Off on another right goodie today…feeling good)))))))
I wish I had hopped up there!
Shug

Shug, love seeing pics of your rides. You seem happy to be riding again :slight_smile:

I added a new machine to my uni quiver today. And then did a 4 mile ride along the beach. I got tired so that’s about all I could do. Riding a 36 is a whole new experience for me, but I loved it!!

Crappy Phone Pic, and a hideous cruise ship off the coast.

The whole collection now :slight_smile:

Post Canyon, Hood River, Oregon, 4/23/2011

Here’s a pic of my dog and uni on Post caynon (Lower trail). Rod all the way up and played on some man-made skinny’s and berms, then a fast DH back to the car. Probably 4-5 miles with lots of climbing and plenty of DH :slight_smile:

[quote=“Dane M,post:4702,topic:99617”]

Shug, love seeing pics of your rides. You seem happy to be riding again :slight_smile:

I added a new machine to my uni quiver today. And then did a 4 mile ride along the beach. I got tired so that’s about all I could do. Riding a 36 is a whole new experience for me, but I loved it!!
Crappy Phone Pic, and a hideous cruise ship off the coast.

The whole collection now :slight_smile:
Quite the armada there… nice.
I had a 36’er but it bugged my hip mounting it so I went 29’er. 36’er was too fun though. But I do love the 29’er.
Congratulations.

I sure am seeing a lot of disc brakes of late. Sounds like a fun arse ride)))

cool picture from today.

From the Melbourne Museum ride. Ultimate wheel hockey.

Crazy! That must hurt your legs pretty quickly.

Nice day for a trials ride. I made it (not this try), but it turns out that I’m bad with the camera’s timer. I did get a shot of this impressive trick, though.

trials on a 26… good idea

Looks more like a 24