Pictures of your latest ride continued

Winter muni

Thanks to the local fat bike crowd we have 10kms of groomed fat bike trails.
If I keep my speed up and don’t stray too far from centre it’s very rideable with my 3 1/4" tire.

…Hatchet time?

that must be very annoying when unicycling. After a short ride I already sweat like a pig and need my oxygen.

That is a pity vookash. Jammer also Setonix…maybe your heart. If you are solid like me, … we sweat, but seriously get it checked mate.

Nightrider in snow/ice

As I don’t think AspenMike answered, I thought I would offer my experience. This winter not been riding the 36 much, but the previous 2 winters I commuted 16km x2 on my 36 with quite a few snow and ice days.

First: in general the Nightrider tire is amazingly way grippier than one would think (also true for muni). And with the width you can lower the pressure a bit in snow/ice. However, it obviously reaches it limits way faster than a nobby tire.

My ghetto-solution that I did the last 2 winters was to put zip-ties all around the tire: I think I did 2 per spoke. This seems to help quite a bit both on snow and on ice, especially with a little speed. Although of course still not close the grip of spiked tires or really aggressive tread. In particular, as the zip-ties are only secured around the tire, the are almost completely perpendicular to the rolling direction. This means you have zip-tie, rubber, zip-tie, etc. such that is you have a sudden force (turn or mount or stop), then it may by chance hit between the zip ties. Anyhow, I found it worth it. For a 3-month winter of about 3x 16x2 commuting/week I ended up replacing about half of the zip-ties, but the total cost was ok and cheaper than buying a spike tire (if there is even one for 36).

In deeper snow, the Nightrider is pretty much useless and nothing compared to my 29+ DHR-II 3" but then that’s just a way different tire.

With the recent snow in the NW US been riding some. I have more of an issue with snow/ice on the pedals then the slippery road surface.

Pulling a pulk loaded with a tipi and wood stove.

Me riding what looks like an ultimate wheel.

Nice pics, Ted! But I’m not seeing the canoe in relation to your head. Maybe it’s on the inside of your head?

But the pulk looks kind of like a Canoe. I dub thee CanoeSledTed. :slight_smile:

Like a UniMario :slight_smile:

Looks like a guy I spotted on a cycle along the canal

DSCF0764.JPG

Kris Holm in night city.

Took a slightly different route into work today and saw this shipping container on the way in.

I considered shouting, “UniTeam… unite!” in the hope that UniMyra and all the other unicyclists in Oslo would suddenly appear, like some kinda of odd superhero team. But then… I thought better of it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi dangerlaef, Would love to hear your feedback on riding in this event. I’ve been considering doing the next one, but am not sure how I’ll go with the distance, the hills out of the National Park, and for time to complete.

I was riding on Lady Carrington Track yesterday and so went to have a look at the road up to Otford, but unfortunately it was closed. Last time I was on that bit of road I was on a motorbike, the hill was fun then…

Did you put on Strava?

Bruce

Good luck Bruce.

Spring in Detroit

I’ve been wanting to take the Dequinder Cut for a while now. I got my chance after I dropped my girls of at the DIA for Girl Scouts.
Trying out a “standard” saddle for a while(Schwinn gel)
Very relaxing ride, beautiful day!

It probably landed on mine.

I know what the DIA is. :slight_smile:

I second John Foss: Hmm… since many people on this forum are aliens (from far far away:D) we don’t have many clues about those strange 3 letters acronyms used over the pond :slight_smile:

Dental Intelligence Agency

(sorry)

Wow…

…2008 this thread was started, 700 + pages of motivation.

Thank you everybody.

I’d say I am the only non-alien. :smiley: