Pictures of your latest ride continued

Got snapped by a rather good photographer (who’s name I don’t know) at last Saturdays Park Run

Great photo, Uni Lateral! Way to represent.

Seattle Tunnel Ride

The new tunnel opens this week, and they let the pedal-powered people have a go before the cars take over. It was fun! Some pix…

[QUOTE=YooNeeNoob;1702662]
The new tunnel opens this week, and they let the pedal-powered people have a go before the cars take over. It was fun! Some pix…

Cool! I considered that but did not. Glad to see at least one unicycle in with the 12,000 (-1) bikes.

[quote=“JimT,post:10984,topic:99617”]

…heh, yeah, I learned a new skill in the tunnel: riding ultra slow in a dense crowd. Never came off! hahaha.

[quote=“YooNeeNoob,post:10985,topic:99617”]

I do a lot of these big closed road/newbie friendly cycling events in my city, this is definitely a skill worth learning!

Why are they opening it to cars, shouldn’t it be bike only all the time? :slight_smile:

Spinning on day 22

The medical profession did not take me seriously when I requested them to install a Shimano SPD cleat in my cast. Spent a little time on my rollers last night. Still have at least three more weeks non-load bearing in a cast. Then hopefully they will let me transition to a boot.

JM

A couple of video captures from yesterday…

2 Likes

Hahahaha “Hardcore” has a new definition. Nice.

I recently shattered my elbow (an altercation with a truck, the truck won) and the doctor told me no cycling for 3 months.

Half jokingly, I turned to the Wife and said “this looks like a good time for me to practice the unicycle then”.

That didn’t go over well.

Still, it took about 1hr 50m, so I’m happy enough. The only photo I took was outside my flat when I finished - I figured if I stopped halfway, I’d find it hard to start again!

It is “Winter Bike to Work Day” so I figured I would do it on a unicycle. At the last minute it occurred to me to take a few pictures but I generally do not carry a smartphone, so I am afraid these are not the highest quality, having been taken with a 2MP camera on a basic feature phone. I have also resized them down. Nonetheless here is a selection from the commute I do pretty much every day (well one of my two routes anyway).

Olso is looking pretty nice today and the paths and roads were pretty well maintained.

Hard to see here but this hill is relatively steep and I had to go in the road. I did wonder if the lack of spiked tyres today might be my downfall (quite literally)

This is the river close to my office

The final bridge I need to cross, where I hit some “traffic”

A “selfie” for the sake of it. It’s actually pretty hard to do. Not because of the snow/ice (as you can see it is pretty clear) but mainly holding the phone in reverse (only a backwards camera) and trying to line it up and time it.

Finally, the unicycle. This is a particularly low quality picture (sorry)

• 26” Nimbus
• Standard Duro “Wildlife Leopard”
• VCX+ (3-holed) cranks (which I love)
• My Gloves, resting on the saddle

That is an interesting unicycle wilson109 but it appears you left the training wheel on. :stuck_out_tongue:

I also took my uni today for Winter Bike To Work Day.
I managed to take two selfies. One off- and one on-board.

I also took my uni today for Winter Bike To Work Day.
I managed to take two selfies. One off- and one on-board.

Vookash
Kudos! Great looking ride. I must admit I am a warm weather rider.
Can I ask what kind of mask you are wearing? As a respiratory therapist it looks like something many of my patient could use.

Interesting mask. Looks like an anti-pollution mask for cycling. I don’t know about the specific brand but if you do a Google search for “anti-pollution masks for cycling” you will find a bunch for sale and reviews and such.

jlin and JimT, yep this is a air-pollution mask. The air pollution topic has gone so big in Krakow, Poland that you can buy one in almost every supermarket and there is a number of local brands. This one is one of them - Citymask, quite nice disposable sports mask.
I started my masked riding with basic industrial mask of this type
Good to try if it is something for you. Just try to take one with a valve and P3 filtering class (out of P1-P3 scale).
Then after making sure that I will ride in a mask when the air is dirty, I decided to take the sports mask. I selected RZ Mask as it was half the price of Respro masks.

It was OK, but remember you’ll never be fully comfortable in the mask as breathing is much harder than normally and glasses go foggy quicker. Out of this mask type I’ve heard very good opinions about Respro masks and especially Respro Cinqro, but the price when I was buying mine was too high for me.
Tragic air two years ago made me try industrial model by 3M .
This is heavy duty stuff with possibility to attach various filters depending on conditions. The big gain with this one is that fog on the glasses is limited compared to the other ones.
Since then I haven’t bought new filters to my quite used RZ mask and I’m using my disposable mask you’ve seen on the first picture when air is mediocre while using the heavy duty one when it is disastrous. Luckily not that often recently.

Why the respiratory mask? For the cold air or pollution?

Unfortunately pollution. It has gone bit better last two years, but still we have days when we hit famous Beijing levels of dust in the air.