Pictures of your latest ride continued

:roll_eyes: I figured dropping off my girls was a minor part of the story. Anyone intrigued could google it for more info.
Pretty cool place though…

Not just the pond; people don’t seem to realize that many US colleges have the same acronyms as well. Whicn U of M were you talking about? The one in Michigan, or the one that hosted Unicon VII?

Better to use the post count; you can set your browser to view different numbers of posts per page. Mine is set at 50.

Have you tried Googling “DIA”? Defense Intelligence Agency is on the first page, but Detroit Institute of arts came up for me on the second. :slight_smile:

Anyway, sorry about the threadjack. It indeed is a cool place; when I was a kid my family went to see classic old movies at the theater in the back, and in 1979-81 I went to the art school that’s behind the museum.

when you’re dropping off your kids
and you’re suffering the skids
DIA-rrhea

when you’re riding on your wheel
and your butt begins to squeal
DIA-rrhea

when you do a three foot drop
and you end it with a “plop”
DIA-rrhea

LOL!
elpuebloUNIdo has skills!:D:D

Roadblock!

I had that happen to me too. There was a whole group of them on the bicycle path here in the forest. I figured if they would just lay there, I could ride in between, but one cow was very panicked and jumped up and crossed right in front of my uni, making me upd. There rest of the way I walked quietly passed them. Only the bull kept its ground and wouldn’t move.

Couple of photos from my trip out today. Nothing fancy, just a few dirt tracks :smiley:

The last one is of particular interest as it’s part of a new cycle track that links the pub across the road from me to an older bike path that takes me all the way to the next town without going on any roads. The older path is awesome but it, rather pointlessly, means riding on about a mile of main road to get onto it, so the new bit opened here now allows me to get on it without any roads!

Yes, to be approached with care… common livestock are not harmless

This day I was not the slowest thing on the road:

Nice Sunday to walk with the dog while riding a new tall unicycle.

…as if I didn’t already have enough to worry about.

:stuck_out_tongue:

How do you find those? A needle in a haystack :slight_smile: Awesome

Me in 2009:

Me in 2016 - must be a few tiny appearences elsewehere more that day

Me in 2018 - this time I decided to make some variation, and do a skill: sideways-wheelwalk:

The Unicycle is on my backseat, I swear!

1 Like

My 11-year-old rides a giraffe for the first time (he’s been riding since he was 7), and my 6-year-old is still learning to ride (he likes to hold the bike rack on my car when practicing).

Why do you protect the head of your 11-old against falling objects from the sky, while allowing your 6-y/o learning on his barefeet?

A fair question. At least feet heal better than brains… :wink:

I take it there are no metal pins on the pedals

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your message; I was not allowed to send reply (your settings), but you allowed me to do so here.

When you teach your kids unicycling, then I’m not at all concerned about your parenting.
Clearly the base is more than OK. Plus who am I to dare to be judgemental about such thing.
My questioning was merely curiosity, but -I admit- also a bit of opinion.

I’m seriously concerned about the toes of your youngest.
If they get stuck between pedal and crank, while twisting into the painful locking direction (think UPD - not unthinkable while learning), then you can seriously lose one (and you wont be the first).
When I would give workshops I’m strict, incl. to adults: it’s putting shoes on or else spectate in stead of participate.
(while I’m usually in a country with less liability laws).

While the chance of head impact -on this speed- probably requires a reckless car-driver and unaware unicyclist, or narcoleptic attack or other unconsciousness event.
Where a pair of sorbothane heel inserts (costing only just $10) would prevent impact on the immature spine of your oldest.
Actually I think unicycle vendors should stock plus emphasize the benefit of those.

But at point of writing my previous comment I didn’t consider you may wear the helmet simply because they are mandatory for bicyclist,
and you’re in a state where you can’t discuss with law-enforcement who mistakes a unicyclist for a bicyclist.
However that wouldn’t explain why your youngest isn’t wearing one. So I think it’s about preventing injury.
But besides the spine, I think his unprotected hands and unprotected elbows are much more likely to get injured and hurt.

I made my remark kind of impulsive, but while being sceptical I did no justice to the picture:
it’s actually anyway one you should frame. Seriously; put it somewhere in your house, cause it would be a beautiful memory of this moment for later.