14 Likes

With the up side up:
IMG-20211231-161404R

7 Likes

Thought he was in Australia, not Russia. Thnx Jim

3 Likes

Last ride of the year:

9 Likes

Fore a while ago there was standing some threes. I was today out with my Muni and there wasn’t any threes. In the wood the same. It’s sad to see that but the ride was still good.

Happy new Year!!! With great Uni trips.

6 Likes

My last ride of the year. A little slicker then I’d like but once on and going relatively straight it was not a problem. Sharp turns/u-turns were not so successful.

12 Likes

The inverted version is awesome :clap:

3 Likes

I second that. I liked it upside down as first posted. It’s so odd but I was sure it was a top-down shot, not side on. Funny how the brain works with rotational interpretation!

2 Likes

Agreed! Very interesting perspective.

1 Like

Nice area there. I’ve been there a few times, but never had a uni with me.

1 Like

That’s correct!

21 Likes

That’s cool - great photo and skill.

And if my eyes do not deceive me it looks like and inboard disc but not BrakeFast… new hub out in the wild perchance? :grin:

24” can’t quite read frame?

Is the lower bearing cup on the disk side missing or is it a special one for the special hub which hides due to its dark color?

That looks like the current gen d’Brake mount which would be needed to mount a disc inboard on a KH frame. It looks filed down too and yes it is a bit hard to see.

Super curious about the disc rotor set up there

1 Like

One week ago:

Today:

6 Likes

Thanks!

Yes, it is a hub mounted disc and indeed it is a brakefast adapter. Not any special hub or something :wink:
It’s built into a 24 KH.
You also are right about the D’brake adapter, which was filed down because of the previous use with the disc on the right side where the D’brake didn’t fit plug and play for use with a Schlumpf. It was mounted with KH spirit cranks, but that didn’t work well as the hub is from the first gen (M095). The axis was too short which caused the disc to scrape on the frame.

1 Like

Happy New Years from Sydney in the Summertime - Rose Bay

• allows dogs, so took Jessie along with the kids.
    (Sydney Harbour Bridge in the distant background)

Just had to keep the Unicycle on the firm sand, which happened to be in the surf.

While my kids were building sand castles, I tried practicing idling on the beach. Started out using 2 boogie boards side by side for the hard surface. Got 3 -4 idles left foot down and managed to start using right foot down - 2-3 idles. I can idle 50 idles (left foot down) on concrete now. Will work up to just one boogie board. Will probably take a piece of board 1.5m x 1.5m next time.

I’m so happy with the “robustness” of even the Aldi unicycle I used.
I stripped down the unicycle after each time riding in the surf.
Bearing cases looked to be sealed, would they be water tight?
I cleaned out the sand and sprayed with a solution called saltaway ( I use this on my fishing gear). Then rinsed and dried and applied some fishing reel grease on bearing and casing.
I’m thinking it’s all good to go.
btw.
The KH29 3.25" Duro tires didn’t handle the wet sand very well, and I wasn’t confident riding it in the surf.
So hooray for the Aldi Unicycle.

2 Likes