Pictures of your latest ride continued

I’m in Tassie (Hobart) right now. But for New years was at Narawntapu National Park. Highly recommended! We had spot #10 at Bakers point. A few pics of me riding Nimbus 29er Muni on that beach with the Duro Crux tyre. I tried the softer sand first but found it difficult so went on the harder sand and rode all the way down the beach. The next morning though, it was high tide and there was no beach then so it was great I did it the previous evening.

10 Likes

Pictures from after my latest ride. 2h5m of unicycling through a ton of snow. 22.41km (13.9mi) with 395m (1296ft) elevation, -5℃ (23°F). It almost destroyed me.

It was actually really nice for 3/4 of the way. The last 1/4 would have been nice too, if I was not so god damned tired.

10 Likes

Here is a picture of my 14 year old son Mathias. He only started riding a couple a months ago, but he’s a natural. He loves to unicycle, and every trip he 's looking out for steeper and steeper downhills, narrower tracks.

I bought him this mad4one 26" fatty and he absolutely loves it. I accompany him on these tripswith a slight jealous feeling since he is advancing so much quicker than I am. All in all it’s great to share the same passion and I do enjoy these times with him in the woods. That father/son feeling. Hope it will last forever.

Also since there is not another single unicycle rider to see here, like anywhere…, we get a LOT of responses from people. They are just not used to seeing guys riding unicycles, let alone seeing guys riding unicycles in the woods. Only today an older person asked me if our bikes were some sort of motorcycle. :rofl:

14 Likes

Nice Picture. Uni in the wood is very nice. I love to ride Muni in the woods but it’s muddy, the unicycle is after the ride you have to clean up your uni. That’s the bad part of it.

3 Likes

at a certain amount of mud, unis develope a self cleaning routine and will not collect any more of it. I see no neet of cleaning my muni too often.

2 Likes

The tire: Chaoyang BIG DADDY 29" x 3", (65мм real width), 20psi.

8 Likes

Longest ride with my custom made single blade unicycle so far: 8km.

13 Likes

I clean it every time I went on a trip… It doesn’t take too much time, just a quick rince and after all, my muni is my baby :rofl:

Paparazzi caught up with me on my ride last Sat in San Diego USA.

10 Likes

Trails in Boston are still snowy, so I took the mad4one muni downtown for a spin.

7 Likes

Took the KH28 out for a ride after a long time. I enjoyed the smooth ride with high pressure (to me) of 2.5 bar. The Marathon Dureme rolls so silently. My breath made more noise than the unicycle. It’s a nearly medidative feeling. I should use this uni more often.

12 Likes

A nice ride in a nearby forest this morning on the 29". There is a nice selection of flowy trails with the occasional root and a bit of mud here and there to keep me focused.

8 Likes

5 Likes

That’s a sweet blue rim, who makes it?

I don’t know it but one options is to bought your favourite colour and sprayed the rim in the colour.

Nimbus. That’s an old Nimbus II. They used to come with red or blue rims. I believe they only come with black ones now.

That’s interesting, it’d be fun if they made color options a thing again. Madforone seems to have every conceivable color and the option to color every part, except they cost a fortune and come from overseas.

My experience with Mad4One was great, (i’m in Australia and I was impressed with the unicycle that I ordered beginning July 2020 - I received my unicycle within a week of ordering) but I think the Covid situation has made shipping quite bad generally - no shipping deals and it’s slow (others who ordered after me have had shipping times more like 4 weeks).

Definitely still worth a look if you want colours though.

One day choosing color based on my choice rather than what’s in stock or what is cheapest might be possible, but it’s just not in my budget now, especially when it could easily double the price of a part or whole uni. However, I was able to get a few red parts on an otherwise black 20” that I’m gonna build once spokes arrive, so that should be cool. I found a shiny red Rant rim(some bmx company, so probably a pretty solid rim) on Modernbike for $25.

With one or two exceptions, like the handle saddle, I don’t find M41 to be that expensive. Sure, it may cost a bit more up front, but when you buy a M41 you get to choose many of the components. So if you want a 203mm 4 piston brake, M41 will ship it that way. Buy a Nimbus or a Quax and you’ll get an entry level brake which you’ll likely end up upgrading later.