America's Got Talent Looking for Unicyclists

I think the companies realized this. Your probably not their target audience, so of course it is not going to work for you. They are not spending money to get people like you to buy their goods.

That said, I don’t want unicycling to become super popular and sellout.

People tend to be around people like themselves, this can explain this phenomenon.

haha, maybe so. I know lots of poor people, haha.

Yeah, you can’t really comment on advertising unless you have the statistics.

I probably know less than you in actual info, but I did advertising as a job-shadowing thing through my school, and it is way more complicated than just opening stores. I was really surprised.

Dude the groundhogs in my ceiling are screaming and fighting!

Groundhogs in your ceiling? :thinking:

Yeah I know. Maybe ratcoons, they are really big though. They were screaming and one just fell down my wall. :slight_smile:

I thought of 300, I guess the other one was like this is sparta!

'cept me! I get Pepsi all the time no questions haha

Sweet, thanks haha I dunno how I missed that I’m gonna talk to all the bottling plants I can now and try to get sponsored by them all! I wonder if I can get free pepsi from them…

There was at least one contestant riding (idling) a unicycle on AGT 2009; unfortunately, he didn’t make it very far before he got “X’d”. It seems obvious that the producers picked this act knowing full well that it had no chance of making it through. I really hope that a good trials or street rider will be on, to show the world that this is a serious and legitmate sport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHRxjqbUJuY

As cool as it would be to see someone displaying some trials skill, I’d really rather see a freestyle group performing. Dancing seems to be pretty successful, and freestyle is a lot closer to dance and figure skating (which would probably do well but for the lack of a rink). It’s more of an entertaining performance rather than a show-off stunt, which means it could probably get a lot farther. Besides, you could probably fill an hour with a group freestyle whereas with street/trials, you’d have used all your tricks pretty soon.

Better yet, a group of really talented unicyclists could fill a great hour with a mixture of Street, Trials, Freestyle, comedy, etc. :slight_smile:

But assembling such a group, with a combination of high-level acts to fit the show would not be easy…

Cant be bothered to search wether anyone has said this but there was Jason Auld and he kept falling off lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuBEXiOJS7M&feature=related
Its at 1:00

there was a discussion on that here

He has a lot of skill, but that wasn’t much of a performance to a non-unicycling audience…

There were actually 2 separate threads about it.

yes i know hes good since i’ve seen lots of videos of him but he still fell when under pressure. :astonished:

I’m sure he’ll-a thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you’re at it, why don’t you give-a him a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?

Too bad Lorenz Poham isn’t American. He’s really good, has a good trick bag, and he’s young. The judges love kids. You could be mediocre at your talent, but because you’re only 8, the judges will think you’re great.

I wonder who the best 12 or under unicyclist in the U.S. is…

I think I saw a few frames of a trials rider on a AGT commercial for this coming season. As I do not watch the show I was wondering if it was footage from a past year of if one of you is going to be on this year?

I am positive I saw a guy on a giraffe juggling torches around Howie’s head in the ad for this year.

I saw commercials with both the trials rider and the torch juggler. Should be interesting!

The torch juggler is Frank Olivier, fantastic entertainer and member of the Berkeley Revolution Unicycle Basketball Team. His unicycle ballet is awesome and inspiring.