America's Got Talent Looking for Unicyclists

Actually they don’t know much, Lol.

I don’t know which softdrink sponsored the Olympics but I think it was Coke.
But whatever it was, something like 70% of people questioned thought it was the oposite drink of the actual sponsorer.
So if it was Coke, everyone thought it was Pepsi.

Most people I know aren’t gonna buy Columbia just cause Dan’s wearing Columbia.

Gib

Columbia spent $385 million on sales and marketing in the past year; about 25% of their total budget. Either:

1. Call them up and tell them they could save $385 million by using the brilliant Goats On Unicycles marketing plan, or,

2. Go learn something and call us back when you have a clue.

You dont get it.

All he is saying, is they arent as effective. They work, but not on everyone. Im not going to go buy a coke or a pepsi. Im not going to buy colubia sportswear.

I’m pretty sure I get it.

How about this: name a major beverage or sportswear company which does not do sponsorships.

Izze.

They only sponsor events and stuff. The things they do sponsor are like awareness things.

Izze counts neither as a major beverage company, nor as a company which doesn’t do sponsorships.

In fact, they even did a commercial with Pink Man.

What if I got sponsored by Pepsi? lol(I still haven’t figured out how to contact them about that by the way haha)

They can spend 100% for all I care. That don’t prove squat.

Sir… Do you find it so necassary to be rude to a sweet little boy? Was I being so rude towards you? Remember, I am yet in my formative years and I’m rather impressionable. If you fill my mind with your acidic remarks, I’ll grow irracible and resentful, taking it out on my wife and children, escaping in a bottle. I’ll start selling ciggarettes and booze to minors just for the kick of being a menace to society.

But seriously, why be so rude? Show me where I was rude, I’ll stop. I won’t be offended. I want to be a nice person and that always takes a lot of help. Don’t be a jerk.
My utter sympathy goes out to your children.

Also, just cause I’m young, it dons’t mean I don’t know my shit.
I study social trends, the culture of consumerism and sociology as well as keeping tuned into programs such as Market Place and The Nightly Business Report.

Please, don’t develop the condition that so many people your age have, of thinking, because of your age, you know it all.

I’m not claiming to no ANYTHING.
I was voicing a harmless opinion and you shot me down.

But I don’t mean to be so biting.
so here’s some happy faces and some hearts!

<3 :slight_smile: <3 :slight_smile: <3 :slight_smile:

They spent $385 million? Hopefully Dan got at least $1 mil, because thats the only thing I remember about them from last year.

I think the advertising with big companies works more subliminally than it does consciously. Though, I don’t really see why companies such as coke really need to advertise anything. Is anyone in the western world not at least vaguely familiar with them?

As Jackie said, just because they spent a lot of money certainly doesn’t mean they know best. If they really knew what they were doing I’m sure they could get by without wasting so much money. They are marketing towards the average person, not rich CEOs. Wouldn’t we have a slightly better idea if its working on us than they do?

Maybe Tholub works for Columbia and that’s why hes getting worked up. He sure seems to know so much about it.

Spencer, if you get on the air be sure to give a T-Spen shout out!

Uh, because it’s expensive to do effectively?

Still waiting for that list of major companies who are so effective they don’t need to do endorsements.

Coke is the #1 brand in the world. Coca-cola has an enormous sales and marketing budget (over $11 billion last year, on $29 billion revenue). Do you really think that’s just coincidence? Everyone is familiar with Coke because they aggressively market themselves at every opportunity.

yeah… that’s right. Just ignore me.

Dude, stop being mean. You’re not as cool as you think.

EDIT: I seriously hope you don’t have kids. Cause I’d feel REALLY sorry for them.

You don’t get to diss me just cause I might not be a brain-dead idiot who buys whatever his or her television tells them to.
I wasn’t dissing you.

I know you’re not gonna apologize for being SO rude so I’m not even gonna bother asking… you’re parents didn’t teach you much in the way of manners.

Jackie talking about a persons kids is a real low blow. Unless you know him in person and in his everyday life it is hard to say.

Yeah, I kinda just realized that…
I’m really sorry 'Lub.

But I’d still like a response from you.

I think its more about getting people to think of your drink before anyothers, not having to question themselves about all the soft-drinks they know and could get. Companies want to be number one, the most relevant and know, that way people automatically grab a coke, not a pepsi.

Everyone I know gets what’s cheaper. Lol.

I think the companies realized this. Your probably not their target audience, so of course it is not going to work for you. They are not spending money to get people like you to buy their goods.

That said, I don’t want unicycling to become super popular and sellout.

People tend to be around people like themselves, this can explain this phenomenon.

haha, maybe so. I know lots of poor people, haha.

Yeah, you can’t really comment on advertising unless you have the statistics.

I probably know less than you in actual info, but I did advertising as a job-shadowing thing through my school, and it is way more complicated than just opening stores. I was really surprised.

Dude the groundhogs in my ceiling are screaming and fighting!