Unicyclist 1st performer on AGT new season

I was surprised to see that the very FIRST performer on tonight’s new debut season episode of America’s Got Talent, is a guy juggling torches while riding a giraffe. Got big audience applause, and although Howie “X’d” him, the other two outnumbered him, so he’s on to the next round!

Howie was PISSED because he’s a “germ-a-phobe” and the uni guy was holding onto Howies [bald-shaven] head while pretending to fall (routine bit for giraffe performers). The uni guy’s performance was mostly for laughs and there were no “tricks” other than idling while juggling the torches, Of course, that in itself is not easy…unless you are good at juggling. :smiley:

And a few under-the leg torch juggles. I thought it was funny. I saw it with family and they kept thinking he was going to fall. I told them “If he was really going to fall he would have done it already” :slight_smile:

Discussed a little bit here.

I’m sure Frank knew exactly what he was doing when he grabbed Howie’s head.

That would be Frank Olivier, http://www.funnyfrank.com/

Frank’s been a pro performer for a long time, and he’s hilarious; a lot of his show you can’t really put on TV. His “Twisted Cabaret” show is totally worth seeing if you get a chance. He’s also the starting center on the Berkeley Revolution uni basketball team.

His comment on AGT is that it’s not a talent show, it’s a reality show about a talent show.

Absolutely, because you can’t really judge these kinds of performers and groups against each other, since they are all different areas. Also not as many people would watch it if it were a more true talent competition. It’s entertainment, that’s why they show the bad performers as well!

I thought he was great, and I will gladly give his other work a look when I get the chance :smiley:

Frank Olivier’s earlier 1988 performance!

The unicycle schtick starts at about 7:25