who here uses a custom frame?

tom miller’s the “TUF” guy right?

Check out my Garage Page. The unicycles shown still look the same, only older… :stuck_out_tongue:
http://www.unicycling.com/garage/bigwheel.htm
Actually, the big wheel was later painted red and I drilled 7/8" holes up the frame. This can be seen in some of the other Garage pictures.

Yes, all my Tom Miller stuff is The Unicycle Factory.

I have this GB4 36, which just turned 1900 today.

Not sure if Hunters count as “custom”, but if so, then here’s my Hunter 24" muni.

Actually, I have a totally custom Pete Perron 20" freestyle uni too, but I haven’t had a chance to get a photo of it.

The Goiter

Here’s the Goiter. I designed it around the Large Marge rim and Endomorph 3.7 tire. It was the genesis of the Conundrum project.

I built it out of rectangular 4130 tubing, 4130 plate, and round 4130 tubing for the seat tube. I used shaft collars for the bearing clamps. It’s fillet brazed together.

The Goiter has a lot of miles on it…loaded touring and muni. No signs of failing any time soon.

Dave

My Custom GB4.

One of the original Choppers by Al

chopper uni1.jpg

GB4 29er

Rowing

And last but not least, Hunter 36

That has an awesome look! It reminds me of a Hummer, only without the evil sense of ego and waste.

I love the handle its so ajustable and nice for climbing and resting your hands. And yes its coustom
It now also has grips

that looks prety cool. Does it flex at all?

A guy here in sweden made his own Rowing style frame for his street unicycle.
It weighs a ton but it looks really cool!

ahh, I see a bit better now with those new pictures. I see a mtb stem, some metal, and some bar-ends in there. Not sure what the long piece coming out from the seatpost is normally supposed to be, or if it normally exists, but looks as if it’s something I could put together if I wanted. It’d be cool to be able to assume the same position on my coker as on my road bike for sure. I’ll of course put some miles on the stock handle (going to be a Wallis deathgrip) first of course, but having options open is always good.

Thanks for the extra pics!

I have several custom unicycles. A custom 20" freestyle uni, built by Gus Dingemans, a Muni and a trials built by Auckland bike builder Johnny Foster and a custom coker. There are pix in my gallery.

You forgot the Pimped Spinner uni (tho its not a custom frame it sure is sweet!) :stuck_out_tongue:

Is there any welding in that, or is it just a bunch of cut down handlebars, stems, bar ends etc. all clamped together? It kind of looks like the clamp to the seatpost might be welded but everything else isn’t?

It looks very adjustable, and easily take-offable for when you’re riding muni which is a nice thing too.

Joe

I made something similar which was purely bolted together, although once I was happy I then made a brazed copy. I will try to remember to bring them both to SSMM this weekend.

Keith

Ooh ooh, I own that frame and the accompanying unicycle now. It’s still holding up fine.

It looks to me like it’s the main bar from a clamp-on seatpost luggage rack (the type that people use on full-sus bikes). The front part is obvious (ahead stem, bit of handlebar, bar ends).

Rob