Who has completed a 100 mile ride?

Does anybody know who is the oldest person (at the time they did it) to have done a century? I’m assuming everyone on this list completed their centuries in one day?

Yes you have to ride in one day to count. Then the harder goal is the 100-10-1, 100 miles, 10 hours, 1 person (no support).

I don’t know everyone’s age on this list - we should’ve collected that I guess. I was 48 years young when I did mine, but I’m sure that’s not a record.

—Nathan

I won’t have any support, and I’ll be my century solo. I’ll be up at 4am, riding by 5:20am, and when I finish will depend a lot on the amount of people on the bike path in the afternoon. It gets downright congested with bikers, rollerbladers, runners, and people constantly crossing without looking! :roll_eyes: This is where my mph average drops quite a bit, but there’s not much I can do about that.

Last Saturday I did a longer 75 mile training ride, and I finished the first 50 in 4.5 hours, but it was still relatively early am. But I’d be happy to finish my century in 11 or so hours, with breaks included. It’s the last half that will be the most challenging. It’s also the last part that I have to ride 12 miles in traffic, with stop lights and intersections. :o

Bungeejoe is the oldest, than Nathan and I, I think.

Or this goal 100-10,000 squared- 1 which is 100 miles, 10,000’ of climbing and an average riding elevation of 10,000’, 1 person no support

Until this Sunday anyway! :smiley: (But then when Geoff does his, he will smash the age record! :slight_smile: )

Edit: Then I’ll have to do it again, “When I’m sixty-four!”

Quite proud to be in the “club” after several attempts. My write-up here.

The List:

Peter Bier
David Stone
Roger Davies
Alan Chambers
Steve Colligan
Mark Wiggins
Takayuki Koike (record holder 6hrs44min)
Lars Clausen
Ken Looi
Floyd Beattie
Johnnie Severin
Cathy Fox
Bruce Dawson
Jack Hughes
Dan Heaton
Scot Cooper
Sam Wakeling
Chuck Edwall
Joe Marshall
John Himsworth
Gracie Sorbello
Rowan Chivers
Tony Melton
Tim Lee
Joe Lind
Rob Muellerleile
Irene Genelin
Beau Hoover
Nathan Hoover
Mike Scalisi
Ryan Woessner
?~Xivind Johansen
Kjetil Juul Pedersen
James Amon
Leif Rustvold
Max Taint
Mark Osmundo
Mike Tierney
Joseph Sherman
Roland Kays
Claude Magnuson
Jan Logemann
Zeke Boisei
Paul Stacey
Joe Myers
Matthew Huber
Tom Blackwood
Sid Rajan
Dave Cox
Matthiew Rojda
Kevin Williams
Jack Olsen
Monty McFly
Matt Thomas
Svein Petter Vangsoy
Frank Brown

“The years have been kind to me, I did a couple centuries this year. Last at 52 years, 7 months, and a couple days, ungeared.”

Sorry MuniAddict, this was a post of Joes from 09’

I’ll be a youngster again …

So I will not be the old man any more. Sweet turning young again at my age.

Fleeting moments now and then now one will remember us any longer any way.

Geoff is determined. He’ll get his completed sooner or later and make us all feel young.

With two centuries under the wheel this last month I keep looking for the right conditions for my first double century. Today might have been it but things went sour. A little to much wind, a little rain, lots of road crown, and mechanical problems. It looks like if I try again soon it will be an un-geared ride. The ‘Blue Frog’ is broke.

Terry: May the wind be at your back and have a fun ride.

I’ll be ungeared as well, and as of my century ride on 7/11/10, I’ll be 54 years, 6 months. :slight_smile: (If I can make it, that is! :o)

The course was not werry difficult,it was a mix of hard and soft gravel,mud and soil.(no big rocks or timberlogs)
descend and abscend was about 200 meter,

Oops, looks like my name got left off of the latest cut and paste list. We can’t be having that, now, can we? :slight_smile:

The List:

Peter Bier
David Stone
Roger Davies
Alan Chambers
Steve Colligan
Mark Wiggins
Lars Clausen
Ken Looi
Floyd Beattie
Johnnie Severin
Cathy Fox
Bruce Dawson
Jack Hughes
Dan Heaton
Scot Cooper
Sam Wakeling
Chuck Edwall
Joe Marshall
John Himsworth
Gracie Sorbello
Rowan Chivers
Tony Melton
Tim Lee
Joe Lind
Rob Muellerleile
Irene Genelin
Beau Hoover
Nathan Hoover
Mike Scalisi
Ryan Woessner
?~Xivind Johansen
Kjetil Juul Pedersen
James Amon
Leif Rustvold
Max Taint
Mark Osmundo
Mike Tierney
Joseph Sherman
Roland Kays
Claude Magnuson
Jan Logemann
Zeke Boisei
Paul Stacey
Joe Myers
Matthew Huber
Tom Blackwood
Sid Rajan
Dave Cox
Matthiew Rojda
Kevin Williams
Jack Olsen
Monty McFly
Matt Thomas
Geoff Houghton
Svein Petter Vangsoy
Frank Brown

Even so, a good effort. I only managed a bit more than half that distance on my solo 24-hour attempts, but it was VERY muddy and much more hilly, so perhaps not so easy to compare directly.

Rob

I am between Bungeejoe and Nathan.

Based on the numbers: 57 people (listed) that have completed a uni-century, and the 27,143 members, that translates to a minuscule .0021% who have ridden their unis 100 miles in one day! A rareified club indeed! :slight_smile:

Of course, not everyone in our uni-community may even have the interest or the necessary set up to do a century, even though I’m sure many could do so if they wanted to. Plus, there are probably lots more who have done a century who are not forum members, or just haven’t added their names to the list.

I just got back from my first Uni-Century adventure. 104 miles! (I’ll explain why the extra 4 miles later) This was one of the most amazing experiences I’ve ever had! I’m a bit tired and there’s soooo much to say about it. I’ll have a full writeup and video in the next couple days! :slight_smile:

So, I am proud to add my name (at very bottom) to this prestigious list! I think I may be the oldest to have completed a Uni-Century…in one day! (Until Geoff Bond does his, which I know he will!:D)

The List:

Peter Bier
David Stone
Roger Davies
Alan Chambers
Steve Colligan
Mark Wiggins
Lars Clausen
Ken Looi
Floyd Beattie
Johnnie Severin
Cathy Fox
Bruce Dawson
Jack Hughes
Dan Heaton
Scot Cooper
Sam Wakeling
Chuck Edwall
Joe Marshall
John Himsworth
Gracie Sorbello
Rowan Chivers
Tony Melton
Tim Lee
Joe Lind
Rob Muellerleile
Irene Genelin
Beau Hoover
Nathan Hoover
Mike Scalisi
Ryan Woessner
?~Xivind Johansen
Kjetil Juul Pedersen
James Amon
Leif Rustvold
Max Taint
Mark Osmundo
Mike Tierney
Joseph Sherman
Roland Kays
Claude Magnuson
Jan Logemann
Zeke Boisei
Paul Stacey
Joe Myers
Matthew Huber
Tom Blackwood
Sid Rajan
Dave Cox
Matthiew Rojda
Kevin Williams
Jack Olsen
Monty McFly
Matt Thomas
Geoff Houghton
Svein Petter Vangsoy
Frank Brown
Terry Peterson (54 years old). (aka, MUniaddict/UNiGeezer)

Way to go Terry! Welcome to the club.

Hip Hip Hooray! Congratulations. I knew you’d do it. Can’t wait for the write up.

Geoff

Well done Terry - darn you got there before me! I expect to be not far behind by the time my damaged pelvis is fully recovered. BTW I like the idea of adding some info to names on the list as indicated above. Clearly the record holder (for time) and the oldest add some interest. Perhaps there are other accolades such as, youngest or something?

Also, I think this thread deserves it own group photograph perhaps something similar to this for the 55+ group:
https://unicyclist.com//t/calling-mature-unicyclists-age-55/101526/229

I know there are a lot of 100 miler dudes for one photo but maybe they could be split into a number of photos catagorised by perhaps location? Could take few months to assemble but I wouldnt mind contributing to starting something if dudes submitted photos. Any response, suggestions, reactions?

So, I’ve added my name to the list after recently participating in/finishing a 106.5 mile gravel bicycle race called ‘The Westside Dirty Benjamin’. A sweet commuter backpack and a little plastic trophy were my swag as the only entry (winner) in the ‘Big Rig’ category. Of the 96 finishers, I was 87th place with a time of 9:48. Lots of positives, kudos, etc. for having drummed up the courage to throw in with all the cycling ‘hard men and women’ - I recommend it!

The List:

Peter Bier
David Stone
Roger Davies
Alan Chambers
Steve Colligan
Mark Wiggins
Lars Clausen
Ken Looi
Floyd Beattie
Johnnie Severin
Cathy Fox
Bruce Dawson
Jack Hughes
Dan Heaton
Scot Cooper
Sam Wakeling
Chuck Edwall
Joe Marshall
John Himsworth
Gracie Sorbello
Rowan Chivers
Tony Melton
Tim Lee
Joe Lind
Rob Muellerleile
Irene Genelin
Beau Hoover
Nathan Hoover
Mike Scalisi
Ryan Woessner
?~Xivind Johansen
Kjetil Juul Pedersen
James Amon
Leif Rustvold
Max Taint
Mark Osmundo
Mike Tierney
Joseph Sherman
Roland Kays
Claude Magnuson
Jan Logemann
Zeke Boisei
Paul Stacey
Joe Myers
Matthew Huber
Tom Blackwood
Sid Rajan
Dave Cox
Matthiew Rojda
Kevin Williams
Jack Olsen
Monty McFly
Matt Thomas
Geoff Houghton
Svein Petter Vangsoy
Frank Brown
Terry Peterson
Dan Hansen

Well done, Dan. I see they decided not to award you the panniers…

Cheers,
Eoin