Roland Kays
Rowan Chivers
Ryan Woessner
Sam Wakeling
Scot Cooper
Sid Rajan
Steve Colligan
Svein Petter Vangsoy
Takayuki Koike (record holder 6hrs44min)
Terry Peterson
Tim Lee
Tom Blackwood
Tony Melton
Zeke Boisei

Ever tried to find someone in that list before? Or was the order important?

Nice work, gnomin.

Finished my fourth century last Thursday. First was last year, second and third were on consecutive days during the Child Soldier Cycle. Thursdayā€™s ride was my 190km move back to Kingston from Ottawa with a bag that was too heavy for that ride; Iā€™ve got the scrapes to prove it. Donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever try that kind of distance with that much weight again.

My next goal is also to do one in 10 hours or less! That has been a wish for the last three but I think Iā€™ll actually try it next time.

Order of names

I personally preferred the sequential list because when someone adds their name you can see it at the end of the list. Since most people have a screen name different from their name it allows you know whoā€™s who.

tell the truth

Do riders stop and rest during the 100 miles?
Are all completed with a 36er or anyone try with a 29er

Thanks Terry :slight_smile: congrats on your recent century as well!

Yeah, it was probably assuming biking calories. And the cranks are the 100mm Qu-Ax, the shortest ones in the photoā€¦

Me and the uni after finishing the last two miles in the darkā€¦

I stopped several times. Actual elapsed time was 11hrs 54 minutes. Actual riding time was 9hrs 45 minutes. My next goal is to get an elapsed time of less than 10 hours.

From memory, I stopped at 14, 28, 46, 54, 63, 72, 81, 87, 94, 99 (had to dismount to get past some dogsā€¦), and finally 100.

The first three stops were actually my longest, probably about 15, 20, and 25 minutes respectively, accounting for an hour of my 2hrs and 9 minutes of ā€œout of the saddleā€ time. The other 7 stops added up to 1 hour 9 minutes, so were a bit shorterā€¦ :slight_smile:

Oups!

This is very strange for me. I got my 36ā€ since about three months. The longest trip I did so far was twice about 45 km. But two weeks ago I started a tour with the idea in mind to do a real long ride. I then ended up with 127 km (triple marathon). Last Saturday evening I decided to try to top this, replaced the 137mm cranks with 125mm and started Sunday early morning. The first 55km I did non-stop in 3:10. Overall I made 170.2 km (105.7 miles) in 13:07 (10:51 cycling).

I was aware that this is more than four marathons, but I am not used to miles at all. I only discovered now that I hit a mark of which I was even not aware of.

Feel honored to add my name (Frank D.):

?~Xivind Johansen
Alan Chambers
Beau Hoover
Bruce Dawson
Cathy Fox
Chuck Edwall
Claude Magnuson
Dan Hansen
Dan Heaton
Dave Cox
David Smith
David Stone
Floyd Beattie
Frank Brown
Frank Dugrillon
Geoff Houghton
Gracie Sorbello
Irene Genelin
Jack Hughes
Jack Olsen
James Amon
Jan Logemann
Joe Lind
Joe Marshall
Joe Myers
John Himsworth
Johnnie Severin
Joseph Sherman
Ken Looi
Kevin Williams
Kjetil Juul Pedersen
Lars Clausen
Leif Rustvold
Mark Osmundo
Mark Wiggins
Matt Thomas
Matthew Huber
Matthiew Rojda
Max Taint
Mike Scalisi
Mike Tierney
Monty McFly
Nathan Hoover
Paul Stacey
Peter Bier
Philip Schleihauf
Rob Muellerleile
Roger Davies
Roland Kays
Rowan Chivers
Ryan Woessner
Sam Wakeling
Scot Cooper
Sid Rajan
Steve Colligan
Svein Petter Vangsoy
Terry Peterson
Tim Lee
Tom Blackwood
Tony Melton
Zeke Boisei

Hmm, I sort of liked the old list, in order of when the person posted (and thus pretty much in order of when the rides were). Alphabetizing by name makes some sense, but by first name?

Why shouldnā€™t the FIRST name come first? :wink:

But here you go:

Amon James
Beattie Floyd
Bier Peter
Blackwood Tom
Boisei Zeke
Brown Frank
Chambers Alan
Chivers Rowan
Clausen Lars
Colligan Steve
Cooper Scot
Cox Dave
Davies Roger
Dawson Bruce
Dugrillon Frank
Edwall Chuck
Fox Cathy
Genelin Irene
Hansen Dan
Heaton Dan
Himsworth John
Hoover Beau
Hoover Nathan
Houghton Geoff
Huber Matthew
Hughes Jack
Johansen ?~Xivind
Kays Roland
Koike Takayuki (record holder 6hrs44min)
Lee Tim
Lind Joe
Logemann Jan
Looi Ken
Magnuson Claude
Marshall Joe
McFly Monty
Melton Tony
Muellerleile Rob
Myers Joe
Olsen Jack
Osmundo Mark
Pedersen Kjetil Juul
Peterson Terry
Rajan Sid
Rojda Matthiew
Rustvold Leif
Scalisi Mike
Schleihauf Philip
Severin Johnnie
Sherman Joseph
Smith David
Sorbello Gracie
Stacey Paul
Stone David
Taint Max
Thomas Matt
Tierney Mike
Vangsoy Svein Petter
Wakeling Sam
Wiggins Mark
Williams Kevin
Woessner Ryan

+1 on liking the old chronological list. Alphabetical is for libraries and other booring stuff.
Brycer1968/Max Taint

+2 this new one sucks! Alphabetical means nothing when you have ctrl+f!

Back to the good olā€™ version, updated. Did I miss anyone at the end?

Peter Bier
David Stone
Roger Davies
Alan Chambers
Steve Colligan
Mark Wiggins
Lars Clausen
Ken Looi
Floyd Beattie
Johnnie Severin
Cathy Fox
Bruce Dawson
Jack Hughes
Dan Heaton
Scot Cooper
Sam Wakeling
Chuck Edwall
Joe Marshall
John Himsworth
Gracie Sorbello
Rowan Chivers
Tony Melton
Tim Lee
Joe Lind
Rob Muellerleile
Irene Genelin
Beau Hoover
Nathan Hoover
Mike Scalisi
Ryan Woessner
?~Xivind Johansen
Kjetil Juul Pedersen
James Amon
Leif Rustvold
Max Taint
Mark Osmundo
Mike Tierney
Joseph Sherman
Roland Kays
Claude Magnuson
Jan Logemann
Zeke Boisei
Paul Stacey
Joe Myers
Matthew Huber
Tom Blackwood
Sid Rajan
Dave Cox
Matthiew Rojda
Kevin Williams
Jack Olsen
Monty McFly
Matt Thomas
Geoff Houghton
Svein Petter Vangsoy
Frank Brown
Terry Peterson
Dan Hansen
David Smith
Philip Schleihauf
Frank Dugrillon

Century on Muni

Hi all,
Well Iā€™m a puss, I spent eleven and a half hours and only completed 61 miles, on the fullerton loop, Four circuits. But that at least gets me into my age catagory, Iā€™ll have to post that too. I was so beat that the next day I just was shot. I completed the ride I did on a 24" 180mm crank custom Muni. (You know the one) and I thank God for the suspension, but I wish I had more stamina. Iā€™ll try again, but not for a while.

Congrats on the 61 miles! Thatā€™s a great accomplishment on such a small wheel with GARGANTUAN sized cranks! The sheer monotony of doing the same loop four times, let alone more than once in succession, would make my ADHD go off the scaleā€¦if I didnā€™t die from boredom first! :wink:

But I guess it wouldnā€™t be as bad as 400 laps on a 1/4 mile track! :astonished: Get a 36er and 114mmā€“or at most 125mm cranksā€“and you should be able to do a century with ease!

impressive, lobbybopster!

Holy smokes! Your feet moved the same distance as they would going 132 miles on a 36er with 125s!

I would go crazy just trying to keep my legs moving with those cranks on a 24.

Wow.

There should be another list for rides that are harder than 100 miles. 61 miles on a long-cranked 24 would definitely qualify. Nice work. When you try again, if you use the same wheel, go with 125 or shorter (I would recommend 100mm or even shorter. Jack Hughes did 125 miles on day 1 of the STP some years ago on a 24, so it is doable. I was once passed riding a Coker by a fleet of Japanese girls at 18mph on 24" cycles with 65mm cranks. Some of the Japanese riders go even shorter than that too. Short is the way - much easier on your body.

ā€”Nathan

Note: the old list is not exactly chronological. There were some people after my century that were listed above me, the list is mostly just in the order that people have added, not exactly chronological.

Iā€™d agree though, the old list is better.

P.S. I liked the alphabetical list too, because I as on top :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

Getting ready for the day, checking the boards, saw this and just made me laugh out loud, the visual is hilarious! :slight_smile:

and I agree with the ā€œWow! Lobbybopster!ā€

You said ā€œcyclesā€, which could be the two wheeled variety. Now that Iā€™d believe! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, they were unicyclists, in a Unicon 10km race, and I was on a borrowed Coker with long cranks racing my heart out. It was almost flat and I just could not get ahead. The group of Japanese girls was about 6 riders, in tight formation, and they looked funny, just moving their ankles really, but speeding at 17-18mph. They were so little that the width of their waists looked to be about the width of one of my legs. Wish I had a photo. There was one slight downhill and I managed to get ahead a little, but then they caught up again and 3-4 of them ended up finishing ahead of me.

My point is that a 24" wheel can be ridden very fast with the proper cranks. I donā€™t remember the minimum length they used but it was at most 55mm and maybe 50. I think I heard later a Japanese rider was using 45mm. They donā€™t have room to store big cycles so it makes sense that they optimize small ones.

Corrigendum: I did not trust my eyes, but I just discovered that my setup was R 125/L 150 :o

Only 61mi.

What I forgot to mention and Terry knows is that this is all offroad! I do a 15.2mi version so I can get coffee at Tullyā€™s on Euclid. The long cranks are so I can get up the hills. It mostly is like running paced. The repitition helped the last lap, which was the turtle slowest. Hard to freemount after about the third lap.