Ursli-bar

I did think of doing that as I have the two bolt bracket.

But I actually prefer the on-bar approach as I’m able to angle it inwards to most precisely reach my right hand (mount it on the left) as I like to always hold on with my right and still be able to grab the brake if needed.

For more continuous braking then I’d hold on with the left hand.

But the main reason is as turtle said - for me a central bracket always makes it feel a bit of a finger stretch to reach.

But if it works for you - that’s great.

Love the Ursli bar for the options it gives you to tweak things to fit just as you wish!

1 Like

I guess it depends on people, right! It may also depend on brakes, as some have lots of settings - such as Hope brakes or high-end Shimano brakes -, making it easy to have the lever not so far from the fingers.

3 Likes

Big Hands-Long Fingers

2 Likes

When I’m out walking
I strut my stuff
And I’m so strung out
I’m high as a kite
I just might stop to check you out

Let me go on
Like a blister in the sun
Let me go on
Big hands, I know you’re the Mad4One

3 Likes

I forget that I use a modded brake lever… It was out of reach when using normal lever support with the L size of the bar… so you are right using it directly to the bar. I didn’t like the asymmetric set up so I reversed brake lever support and than straightened and elogated the lever.

1 Like

My Ursli-Bar arrived yesterday. I didn’t have time to set it up until this evening, and now it is dark (Darkness hasn’t kept me from riding in the past, but my darkness riding is usually limited to pavement. I plan to get onto dirt tomorrow.)

I have had the Delta 90 degree brake extension for a while, but never installed it because I thought it would stick out to the side and catch my leg on UPD’s if I used a brake mount in the center of the saddle. The Ursli-Bar may eliminate this, as it serves as an off-center brake mount.

I’m not sure whether the Starfighter will be necessary, now that the Delta extension increased the surface area of the brake lever. But, I figured “If I have it, I should use it.”

The photo that looks down on the saddle from above shows that my legs might not get caught (and bruised) during UPDs.

Time will tell whether the handlebar wrap will withstand UPDs.

I am an ambidextrous/“equal opportunity” brake-user and handle-holder. The hand I use to brake or hold the saddle is normally dictated by my balance (or lack of) at the moment. I am hoping this setup works well, in that regard.

5 Likes

Nice setup!
Most of us, use the brake-lever without any extensions which works great.
I hope you enjoy the bar and it helps to improve your muni skills

3 Likes

Thanks, Markus!

I expect the 90 degree extension to be completely unnecessary. But, I have been wanting to find a use for it, if for no other reason than to “check the box” for having tried it. :grin:

I am really excited to ride with the Ursli-Bar.

2 Likes

I just returned from Ursli-bar Ride #1, and I definitely enjoy using the bar.

My “product review” can be summed up in one word:

1. Spielwechsler (I hope that translates to Game Changer)

If my muni skills don’t improve, I don’t think it will be the bar’s fault. :wink:

4 Likes

Yesssss!!! That’s great, it was the same for us, especially for the kids on the freewheel munis, but also for us on the fixed ones.

2 Likes

I love this set Up with thé long Ursli Bar. I’ve a better control with IT on thé Trails.

8 Likes

Not everyone, mine predates it!

3 Likes

I’d be out riding this if we weren’t eagerly awaiting mini-human #2’s arrival :smile:

Have a suspicion that I’m going to really enjoy this long version on my more XC 29er rig!

5 Likes

Do these bars require a stiffener plate?

1 Like

They do not. You might prefer one, but I run mine without one.

EDIT: I have a medium one. The longer one likely would be best with a plate.

2 Likes

Don’t know if they require it. But it is helpful. I put one on for this long bar on my Fusion One.

For the short bar on another Fusion One I didn’t and it feels find.

But for peace of mind I wanted the plate for the long one.

On a Freeride I’d use a plate too I think

2 Likes

I followed Hammer’s advice here and using the small nylon washers / spaces make me feel more confident in snugging up the longer bolts I had to use too.

1 Like

:+1:thanks.

it does not require as the others said. For best stiffnes a fiberglass base plate or a stiffner plate is great. but the short Ursli-bar works well with standards saddles. With the long one you may feel that’s not that stiff, but lot’s in our club ride a ling one also with just a standard saddle

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity how much do the different size bars cost shipped to the United States?