Uni's relaxing at home....

thats a lot of wheel…you meantioned tandems…any advice as to where to buy a cheap one…

How tall are you and your stoker? I think for ours you both have to be in the neighborhood of 5’-10" or so. The bike would be a steal at $400. Shipping to Iowa would probably suck. Drive to NAUCC and I’ll deliver it to you there!

BTW if you (or anyone) are actually interested in the bike, please contact me using the email address below. I might not read this on a regular basis…

That IS a steal. Too bad my girlfriend is 5’1"

Walmart (ick!) in Sacramento,CA has one under $300.

That I wrote some weeks ago in this thread. This is how the unis sleep now, hanging from the ceiling like roosting vampires. The order of them is telling. And there’s room for additions to the family.

Klaas Bil

Here it is…the whole collection!! That’s right I have just one, well actually I have a Torker Unistar 20" too but is that really worth taking a picture of??? :wink:

Zod, great sticker!

Sorry to resurrect the thread, but I just recently installed my own Storage Solution for my Unicycles.

unicycles1.jpg

One of JVTFM and DigitalAttrition’s unis enjoying a sandwich and a periodical.

One of my unis gets some help with his homework

dscf0008.jpg

Holy Crud!
John Foss, how many uni’s do you have?

David

I know it’s been a while since this thread last aired, but I’ve just had the pictures developed and scanned. The big one on the left is my coker, the little one on the right is my daughters 16. Now if only one of us could finally master riding! :smiley:

Jayne

jeez that coker looks intimidating! you can’t really comprehend how big it is with a picture unless you place it next to a 16 :slight_smile:

-grant

I’ll bust out the camera… though my unicycles are almost an embaressment in comparison… not to mention I just wackied my wheel today jumping on my starter uni…

Here they are, all my unicycles. Theres the origional 24 inch I learned on, with the kh saddle I switched with the Coker cause I ride the 24 more, I think it’s a united. The Coker, which is a coker. I can ride it decently. Also the Torker 20 inch, mainly kids I know try to ride it, and I think it helped me actually idle a little, when I try one foot i’ll use that most likely. Also the newest addition, the 16 inch, for some smaller kids I know. I can ride it, but not to sure if I should much, since it might wear it out, and yes it is holding two lollipops, first time i’ve seen those in person. Finally my other 24 inch that I bought from Zach Jucha. I got a new crank and axle for it and now it rides really nice, the tire is cool and I ordered a longer seat post, so when i’m going off road i’ll use that.

So thats the family, from right to left in order of purchase. Not a bad pic for being night and having a 20 dollar digital camera.

Andrew

jun26136.jpg

ME and my FRIENDS unis: (mines the one with suspension:D )

That orange big wheel you have hanging there looks pretty interesting. Any shots showing that bar setup that gets cutoff in the “hanging” picture?

L-R:
29’er MUni with IRC Notos 2.1 knobby tire and 170mm cranks
29’er with 28 x 2.35 Big Apple tire and 140mm cranks
26/39’er geared hub with 2.50 Hookworm tire
24" MUni
20" Unistar Torker
16" Torker

SH

uni family.jpg

I’ve seen that trials uniwith the suspension before… or at least one very similar. From unicycles.au or some such? Does it actually work ok, or does it twist or bounce too much etc? Have you got any vids of drops or hops on it?

Yeah I bought it off www.unicycleshop.co.nz
It’s pretty interesting to ride, it is quite bouncy but it helps to take the ‘thud’ out of drops etc.
Though it is pretty weak, the frame broke twice so i have since sent it back and am now saving for a Nimbus 20" - Overall I wouldn’t recommend suspension like this, its okay for small drops etc but eventually it slowly breaks.
I have some small clips on my website, www.muniman.2ya.com in the ‘Gallery’ page - it doesn’t really show much though, just some things off picnic tables, and my friend filmed it sideways :thinking: so you have to tilt your head to watch it:p