Uni's relaxing at home....

I’m not Harper (although some times I wish I was…if only I could look like that in a… nevermind) but I can answer your question. The red 24’s frame is a Steve “The Man” Howard.

here’s some pics of some of his frames and other goodies:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/showard

Daniel

The 24’s:

The red one is a Steve Howard early model MUni frame, red anodized 6061-T6 aluminum.

The orange one (Tangerine Dream) is a powdercoated Yuni frame from Bedford Unicycles.

The chrome one with a yellow Viscount saddle is a Torker standard 24".

Can SH frames be attained by the general public such as myself, and if so, how?? I like that frame quite a bit as I also like many other frames I’ve seen of his.

Re: Uni’s relaxing at home…

Here’s the Summit taking a break on the Kite Hill Sun Dial after some Gas Works Trials.

Hey Tom! What time is it?

Uni at rest.

And taking in the Seattle Skyline.

The Summit wants to ride this sea-wall when the water gets quite a bit warmer. :astonished:

skyline.jpg

here are most of ours in their old home ( at our last house) , noe thwy have a room to themselves and no longer have to share with the bikes and the lawnmower.
sarah

shed.jpg

thats a lot of uni

In the picture I think thats 11 unis and two bikes and a few spare tyres and things. Oh and two pairs of stilts.The thing about being married to another unicyclist is that your uni colection more than doubles in size. before we got married we only had three unis between us , I think we ended up with a breeding pair or something.

Yeh, that sounds right. The DM 20 and SemXL 24 begat a Muni 26. At about that time the giraffe left home , as did the trick bike, both going on to far interesting careers in the entertainment industry.The Muni and the 24 bgat another Muni. The Eurocycle raffle introdued a foster child ( another 20) which was joined in time by a third 20 from the BJC2k traders hall. The mini giraffe wheedled its way into the family (7 so far). On moving to Reading we were joined by a fostered coker for a while, before adopting one permanently, then a second to keep it company. The monty was found in a wet juggling convention in Cardiff and liberated from the Unicycle.com stall. (10 now) the family stayed a 10 for a while, a couple of years I think. But two years ago we heard the purr of knobbly trye again and the 29er came into our lives.

We won’t rule out fostering anther uni, sometimes one comes along needing a home which we can give.

Sarah

They seem to get along.

They seem to get along.

Newtouni

gs-and~1.jpg

my uni in my garage

mvc-010f.jpg

My unis hanging out in the garage.

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

Crappy photo editor. :frowning:

what are those that your hanging them by?

They are in the aisle at Home Depot that has all the storage stuff. They have many different kinds. I use one that is a litttle different to keep the pedals from hitting the wall. The one I use is coated with a black rubbery material and is made to hold shovels. If nothing is on it, it will fold toward the wall.

You can take a single metal hook that screws into the wall, covered in rubber. Screw it into a vertical wall and then you can hang the wheel of the uni on it letting the seat hang down. My dad has always done this to hang bicycles up. Hang from the front wheel.

My custom trials uni

Here it is!

My trials uni relaxing behind the door.

Incredible miyata + kh handle + air saddle!

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=196326#post196326

Incredible wheel!

Monry x-lite 36 holes rim fitted with a qu-ax 48 splined hub/axle!

The Roth Stable

Here is our collection. There are 3 of us riding and a club uni. Number 13, brought back from TOque for the club, is not in the pic.

Carl

rothstablefeb04c.jpg

I don’t know if you can call this relaxing, but here’s what it looks like if I take all the cycles off the garage ceiling. Note the pile of yellow hooks at left. Yes, there are some bikes in this picture, though you can’t see Jacquie’s new Rans recumbent. The giraffes extend out the right side of the picture, along with the tandem.

Anybody want to buy a Trek tandem for tall people? It’s in great shape, but we don’t ride it. Only one wheel each!

10260009.jpg

Oh. So why did I do that? I found out our garage ceiling is having some moisture and rotting problems, and we’ll need to replace at least part of it. I had taken all the cycles down because there was worry the extra weight was causing damage. Now they’re back up, but only temporarily until we get the work done. They were just too much in the way, even after I’d “cleaned them up,” as seen in this picture. Most of the little ones were piled in a kind of “hope-it’s-not-kinetic” sculpture on top of these shelves.

10260019.jpg

wow John, your garage reminds me of a dream i had once…sigh

Nice Uni’s!