Unicycling bad for testicles?

I unicycle almost every day, and sometimes after a little bit of riding it starts to hurt my balls. I use a Nimbus gel saddle. Is unicycling known to be bad for your testicles?

Good question!!
It sometimes hurts my balls too, but today i went and bought myself some cheap, padded cycle shorts from aldi (Ā£7) to wear under my jeans and iā€™ve just got back from a 9 mile journey on my 20" and not feeling any pain or soreness whatsoever :slight_smile:
They seem to hold everything out of the way a bit so give them a go :wink:

Iā€™ve never met a unicyclist who really had any balls.

you have not met me yet :slight_smile:

This guy got some major balls!!

[Trial/Muni] Extreme Unicycling 2010 Lutz Eichholz :astonished:

What are you talking about. Unicyclists are known to have balls of steel.

I had mine surgically modified so that they could be easily removed before riding. It gives a whole new meaning to losing you marbles :smiley:

If your balls are hurting then youā€™re sitting on the saddle wrong. Balls in front! and there should not be problems from normal riding.

I rode a nimbus gel saddle last year and found it to be less than ideal. The newer KH saddles are MUCH nicer. on the rare ā€œland on emā€ moments, the extra padding is nice. :slight_smile:

+1, too much curve.

If you have a KH saddle you can trim the foam for a better fit. Also look at your saddle angle, might be able to adjust the front up and get some relief, seat height may be too highā€¦

Oh, and what short you wear, that can affect wear the ā€œmarblesā€ lay :slight_smile:

compresion shorts for trials under my shorts or padded cycling shorts for every other style of riding

it solves most problemsā€¦ please check with a doctor before use.

ducttape.jpg

I like duct tape, but if I donā€™t do my manscaping on a regular basis, well, lets just so it bring tears to my eyes when I have to unmask :astonished:

I have both the Nimbus Gel and the KH seats. I have to say the KH seat is sooo much more comfortable for the ā€œboyzā€.

I also wear Bike shorts with the chamois, and it makes a huge difference

I ainā€™t my pills as much as my taint. Goes a bit numb on long rides.
Shug

Urgh, I hate these threads. But I guess these questions HAVE to be asked. I just wish people could figure it out themselves. Sit your ass on your seat, not your ballsā€¦ and If that doesnā€™t fix your problemā€¦
Lower your dam seat! And for all you guys that are hurting yourself, STOP IT! Makes unicycling look so ā€¦stupid hah. Lower your seat and bum on the seat, not balls on the seat. Thumbs up.

As someone who has started on the uni after a lot of time on the bicycle (training and racing), I would like to strongly recommend people try a quality padded cycling bib-short (ie, with built-in suspender straps over the shoulders).

I wear them (chamois against the skin) under my baggy outer shorts, and the suspender straps keep the shorts from riding down over time as you pedal, and all your man-junk will stay upward and well supported without moving around from where it belongs at all. They are standard issue for road cyclists who spend a lot of time on the bike, and really helped me with chafing problems for those 100km+ days, and from reading threads like this, I think the benefits have really carried through to my Uni. The only caveat is that they are expensive (usually $150-$200 for a good pair).

Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s not known for being good for them. :slight_smile:

That said, thereā€™s no substitute for a good pair of cycling shorts, worn properly. Having done 46 miles yesterday, my longest ride in a very long time, I am reminded how much I like my Pearl Izumis. Is my crotch sore? Yes, but not very much! I should get a new pair.

not any more sore than you would be biking :slight_smile:

My Doctor is trying to convince my a recent bout of prostatitis is attributable to my recent increase in hours spent on a unicycle.

I am reluctant to agree, but I will redouble my efforts to attach a T-Bar.

JD