Unicon XV who is going?

I’d like to go, but the distance is quite a set back.

When I flew to Hawaii, that felt like a long flight, but that’s only half way there. Plus flights to New Zealand are expensive. Actually I saw at expedia, if you wanted to fly first class, for a ticket (with return) starts at $10,000 and goes up to $25,000, haha.

Sometime, it should definatly be somewhere in Canada. If it were anywhere in Canada, I would definatly go. Hmmm… :roll_eyes:

-Isaac

I’ll probably go. Only reason not to is because i’d be missing school :roll_eyes: I hope school doesn’t bring me down :frowning:

Eh, whatever, even if my mom dissaproves i’d sneak on a plane anyways :stuck_out_tongue:

Count me in :smiley: It’ll be awesome :smiley:

I “have” to go, to maintain my perfect Unicon attendance record. So now I have to figure out how to pay for it. We’re still paying for our Unicon XIV trip, which included a week in England and was the most expensive trip we’ve ever been on…

Korea made a bid for Unicon XV but NZ was chosen instead as the people there have more experience in terms of having been to these things. Korea may try again for XVI, though I hope we can get where it alternates between East and West if possible.

It’s been in Canada twice, Unicon V, 1991 in Hull, Quebec and Unicon VI, 1992 in Quebec City. But Canada still doesn’t have a national unicycling organization… :slight_smile:

West Side!

I’m making plans to go, but don’t know if it will pan out.

I’m probably going to go, its in two years right?

Unicon XV is in a bit over 13 months from now. It starts just after Christmas and ends in Jan 2010. We are planning to head over a few days before Beau’s school ends, say Dec 20 or so. New Zealand at that time of year is fantastic but it will be an expensive trip. To make the most of it, make sure you get there early and stay late!

—Nathan

I’m planning on robbing a back next summer, so I’ll probably go. :roll_eyes:
Just kidding, at least I’m only a 30 minutes’ drive from NAUCC.

I should be going :smiley: I cant wait it will be my first unicon <3

Unicon XV who is going?

I’ll be staying. No need to go anywhere when it will come to me! If any of my students are brave and lucky enough they might attend too.

mememememe. Ahem. Quite excited, after the last two times I’ve got a good circle of unicon friends I’m dying to see again (plus a certain young lady). Might well fly out on christmas day to avoid expensive fares.

Hey Isaac, I just checked the prices for a fly from Montreal to Wellington (in 2008 though) with Air Canada, and if you have flexible dates, it’s “only” 2907 $ for a roundtrip. Anyways, I am going for sure, no mather what.

-Hugo-

Hey Hugo, I have found flights for 2500, for round trip. Air Canada isn’t the only option.

I’ve also been practicing my French a lot lately!

Yeah, that’s pretty good. I’m thinking more the distance, and how tired you’d get from the time change. I guess after a few nights it would be fine, but still.

Although Air Canada is nice. When I went to Hawaii, we flew United Airlines, it was quite a horrible experience. We were near the back of the plane, and there were only “box meals” left to eat. Not good. Plus the power went out when we were over the Pacific just from turbulence. Last thing, the plane was really dirty. Haha, I don’t reccomend United Airlines, Air Canada is much nicer :slight_smile: We flew to Denver, and got free Lindor chocolates :slight_smile:

-Isaac

You don’t know cheap bad airlines until you fly Ottawa to Calgary on Jetsgo (no out of business).

I have done 36 hour flights and stuff so going to NZ won’t be bad.

Also most flights out of Canada are actually on Air Canada, but I was saying that booking through another company can be cheaper than directly through the airline sometimes.

And it is only about an 18 hour difference between there and here. Which will only feel like a 6 hour difference so as long as you aren’t a baby about it, then time zones don’t really matter that much. Plus partying when you just woke up is what all the cool kids do!

I think I will wait until after New Zealand, and see where it is.

I flew Jetsgo to British Columbia, it wasn’t that bad at all. Alot better than United Airlines anyway.

UNICON does sound fun. But I just don’t know if it’s realistic.

Actually, I’d rather pay 2000 $ or whatever for a crappy, dirty plane than 2500 $ and more. I am not taking the plane to eat lindor chocolate or having a clean place to pee, all I want is to get where I want to get. Get it ? :roll_eyes:

And I think prices will change alot in a year, so we can’t really tell yet.

I will be there for sure! It’ll be my 9th Unicon in a row!!! :slight_smile:

We’re trying to get together a contingent from Berkeley to compete at uni basketball.