Today I (brag thread) V2

Today I…

Finally borrowed a pressure gauge and checked my psi. I found out that I’d been running my 36er at 21 psi :astonished:

It’s up to 44 psi now, and feels like I’m riding on air :sunglasses:

Whoops…feeling muscle strain in your legs a little less? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes…indeed :smiley:

I thought I had it at a high enough pressure, from pressing on the tyre with my thumb. There was me, flying around on my shiny new big-wheel, not believing how fast and easy it was, compared to my club 26"…

Doubling the pressure has turned her into a whole new Beast!

InwardSmallSidespins? Done. :smiley:

landed 720 unispin on Friday, and landed inward smallspin on Saturday. I’ll get double flips and hick doubles this week.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAK-2NYOAV8

Today I…

…rode the longest distance I’ve done yet! 49.6 miles :sunglasses:

Can somebody…

…tell me the brand of Knee/shin guards GONZO is wearing in his post?

Sixsixone 4x4 if I am not mistaken

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/mtb-apparel-and-protection/armor-and-pads/sixsixone/4x4-knee-shin-guards/prd_360581_134crx.aspx

Wow, way to go! That was averaging almost 12mph, too – excellent!

Nice one Riley :slight_smile:

720s before DoubleFlips an Inward Smallspins?
Congrats, but… You are weird! :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers LanceB :smiley:

I reckon that average could’ve been much higher, if I had eaten before I left, and taken more than just water with me :roll_eyes:

Some of the hills out on the wolds are mental! I tried to show that in one of my pics, but its hard to show in a photo…

got my koxx one trials uni today and started practicing and i was landing crank rolls, pedal and crank stalls, getting good distance on my side hops, and riding backward with some amount of control!

I know someone who landed a 720 before learning crank flips. He had a hard time learning seat in tricks.

To be honest I hadn’t even tried inward smallspins before. I landed it on like my third try. Landed hick double last night, double flips next.

Today I, along with my wife on her mountain bike, accidently rode 10 miles into another state :D. We planned to ride about 3 miles from home to a horse trail and stop at a pond and just hang out there, but we both forgot exactly where the pond was and decided to explore some other trails. This was my first real “trail” experience, I had done a really rough dirt road before, but this was much more rocky and not at all groomed. We rode for about an hour and a half on the trail, and came out onto a road. I wasn’t sure exactly where we were at that point but, I knew relatively where we were and which way could get us home. So we road for another hour until it got dark, stopped in front of a campground and made that shameful call for someone to come pick us up :p. Checked it out on google maps when we got home and figured out we rode a total of about 10 miles, which for us was pretty awesome. She doesn’t have much experience on bikes and the longest ride we’d done before this was just 4 miles, and before that less than a mile :P. Feeling pretty accomplished today, though I did managed to put a couple dings in my new seat on the rocky terrain.

Today I did a ten minute stillstand.:slight_smile:

Wow… Do you have any tips for learning stillstand?
Should I seat or stay?
What seat high is better - lower or max high? :thinking:

First off stillstands just come with time. They are no fun to just practice so instead so try stillstands at any opportunity. Like in the middle of a trials line. I also do them a lot when I’m riding flatland, I’ll land a trick and then ride a few feet and do a stillstand. As for seat height it all comes down to personal preference, mind what feels best and stick with it. It is going to be a lot easier if you keep as much weight as possible on the seat. If not you get tired far quicker and have more sporadic movements. The biggest helper I find is to keep your eyes fixed on a point in front of you and don’t look away. Lastly the balance is all in your hips. Treat the unicycle as if it were an extension of your body instead of trying to tame it.

Thank you very much for advice! Hope I will be able to do it one day… :roll_eyes: