The Triton's competition

unless your doing specific trials… Which is why round crown frames are normally used be trialsists, from what i know, so you dont bash your legs/knees on the crown as easy.

I mean, Chris was saying to have like 2 designs at the start of all this, one for like flat/street, and another for trials or something. Thats what i’ve done, all i want is a round crown frame lol.

most people aren’t going to be doing specific trials and u seem to be the only 1 who wants a round crown…

ahh… cause i see there is no one other than me who does specific trials

whatever lol.

1. i said MOST
  2. from what i saw on the first page of that thread only like 25-50% of them have rounded crowns
  3. noone elso on this thread (that i have seen) has expressed interest in a rounded crown
  1. whatever, i still would like one, and there are only like a total of 15 people who post on this thread

2. first page that is, plus, thats because all round crowns are steel, and you didnt go further, and also all the round crowns i found are ugo

3. most?

MOST as in the MAJORITY of people but NOT ALL people im not going to read the whole thread but that is what it looked like from the first page and also if they were interested in a titanium round crown frame none of them have shown interest in it at all

thats still only 2 ppl who want round over everyone elso who doesnt

@unibikeling: Why not just get an XTP? they are probably going to be cheaper, and I never heard about anyone having problems with it.

i agree that a round crown could be cheaper and easier to build. but if they were to make them, they would lose ALOT of there customers. there are more people who ride street/flat/trials(that need square top frames) then there are people who ride strictly trials(round frames)

so can you see why they wouldnt want to produce a round top frame?

+1 that is exactly what i think

unislab what is your opinion on the whole round crown thing?

kay, Thanks jeremy, i’ll check it out.

Also, i mean really, i’ve offered suggestions about what could make it more like a flat crown frame, but still offering support as a round.

Here, give me like 5 minutes, i’ll draw up plans.

Big one on the far right, i drew it up in some stupid knock off paint program i have, the seatposts not even centered lol. Its just the one on the right, it give the previous idea i had, ro like a sorta crownish thing, that would satisfy people.

IE. Maybe you could add grip tape to the top of the crown also, so it’d be more grippy. The length of the both elbowish parts of the crown are the same length, the one on the top, and the one thats diagonal. Yeah, so it would be a little bit for your foot to be able to stick to. Yeah, you can figure it out i guess.

Guys calm down. There’s no reason to flame eachother just because somone want a different style frame than what you think should be used.

Since I have yet to talk more about the frame’s actual design with him, I don’t know what we can and cannot do in reguards to the design itself. We could offer just one universal design, or we could do multiple designs. The fact is that I won’t know any further details on this matter until I can free up some time to go meet with him.

Guys please try and keep your personal opinions to yourself. I’m glad everyone is so passionate and interested in this project but just remember that were all unicyclist on here so theres no need to bash eachother. Just try and keep that in mind when posting in here and if you feel the need to share your input on the matter, do it in a nice and constructive way:)

Okay… I’ll be more constructive.

I dont really feel that i’d need extra cost in a hybrid frame, for a round crown?

idk, i offered up a design.

Look man I can understand where your coming from, but remember that I don’t even know what were capable of doing yet. I know your just trying to help and offer up your $.02 but it’s causing other people to get uptight about the subject.

Just be cool and eventually you will have your answer

yeah! Woo!

hmm… now i need to know how to spend my time… lol.

Best of luck with getting your friend totaly into it and stuff.

it looks fine how long would that flat part on the crown be?

i have no clue… lol.

it might be hard to put any weight on your foot/feet without them sliding off