The Three Peaks Unicycle Challenge 2006

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Well we did it! 2 hours 20 minutes to do Snowdon!

We will post here and add to the event site to give you some idea what went on, but the full writeup and photos will be in Uni Magazine.

Roger

Fab. Fantastic. Well done.

Congratulations!!!:smiley:

Awesome, well done! Can’t wait to read about it in Uni!

You might have done it but Gary knows his work is only just beginning - his sponsorship is linked to him being in a fit enough state to play hockey on Tuesday - lets hope you didn’t break him too much :slight_smile: - Well done guys a great effort

Absolutely truly amazing! Congratulations.

JohnTheBee

Congratulations on completing in 24hours. whilst reading BBC news I spotted this link:

Well done you lot. I feel very jealous of that trip - would have liked to give that a go - apart from all the driving. How many times did Tue’s LandRover break down? :wink:

Rob

Excellent, nice work guys. Gutted I couldn’t make it (despite rain/fog/legs falling off), but then I don’t imagine Tue exactly slowed things down.

wow, well done.

That sounds jolly fast going up snowdon, you must have hurried somewhat!

Joe

That was not just up… .that was up and down. :slight_smile:

Roger (at home and needing bed)

p.s. Sorry I think we did break Gary, he has a lot of trouble walking at the moment.

Well done chaps.
A hearty slap on the back and beers all round.

My problem started on Ben Nevis 1000m up with my tendons in my hips sort of twanging, I realy don’t know how I finished the challenge as last night I couldn’t go up stairs and I’m still on the settee now posting this with my PDA. If any one wants a realy tough challenge this is it.

I have got to thank everyone involved with it, riders (who were all great and didn’t complain when my injury slowed things down), drivers (who did a sterling, isn’t that in Scotland, job of getting us where we needed to be), sponsors (who are helping us reach our goal), other halves (for putting up with us), it was truly awsome.

I cannot convey how hard this challenge was but it’s a tremendous feeling finishing it :slight_smile:

Gary (lying down recovering)

well by my reckoning you can probably lay down for another 33hrs before you need to be thinking about playing hockey - the clock is ticking :slight_smile:

And don’t forget, there is even more money in it if you turn up and score from a header tomorrow.

I think it’s a harsh way of treating you but I’m sure the rest of the EMU’s know you better than I do

Pete

[QUOTE=unicus]

I cannot convey how hard this challenge was but it’s a tremendous feeling finishing it :slight_smile:

QUOTE]

Congratulations to you and the rest of your crew. Sounds like it was tough going, but well worth it.

So, what are you planning for an encore? :slight_smile:

STM

Woo! That was a good one. My fingers are just un-stiff enough to type, and I have lots of room under a desk to strech my legs. But sitting in a sweaty minibus with things falling on you is what makes it more fun. :slight_smile:

An unforgettable - and with any luck - unrepeatable weekend.

The loads of carrying and pushing on the first two is then all made up for by the mind-blowingly excellent decent of Snowdon. 48 minutes of perfect downhill… Wee.

Now, look out for the exclusive article on it in Uni magazine.

Sam (doing his best not to sleep at his desk)

I forgot to mention that On Ben Nevis mine and Tue’s brakes became non-functional and Sam’s did as well during the challenge but I’m not sure when, so we were brakeless, there’s one for you purists.

Don’t know if any of you caught the news article as it was pushed back to Saturday (something to do with Rolls Royce news) but I’ve recorded it. They also want me to go into the studio to do a follow-up, probably tomorrow.

Hmm I’ll see what I can do, I know I’ve got the determination it’s a question of pain relief, anyone got any morphine?

BTW I’m moving around now and I’ve got to the PC…downstairs :slight_smile:

Well, If you can make it for the follow up at the TV studio then I am sure you can make it to hockey, Then we just need to start flicking the ball up at your head so you can get that goal.

Well done to everyone

Pete