The next Torker DX?(It's a Qu-Ax)

i think they are 1 spline off or something

O. I cant really tell because I can’t see the other crank that well. Unicycle.com seems to have problems with assembly pics of their unis. The crank on the Nimbus w/ Profiles looks bent, also lol.

From municycle.com: The hub stability are between a standard hub and a Suzue hub. This cross are not for high jumps ! If you want do high jumps you better choose the Qu-ax Muni with splined hub !

From udc uk: It is not suitable for serious jumping as only has lightweight ISIS hub and cranks, for extreme jumping look at our unicycles with splined hubs.

I think it may hold up to more than you guys think…Check out the pics of Muzzle and his buddy riding it on the bottom of this page.

Actually I have that same unicycle…they are not the same cranks in that picture. Ive done a 4 and a half foot drop and I didnt here a peep. My friend has a 2007 KH20 and mine feels just as solid…I rode a Torker DX it feels just as solid as that too. And yes it is ISIS splined because i can see in the cranks that its a 10 spline ISIS.

I weigh 73kg, and have bent the hub ever so slightly after a repeated 3-4ft drops (note: this is ABOVE the recommended limit). It has a slight wobble to it when I ride which is irritating, but not limiting. I switched and rotated my cranks with mate’s cross (hoping that the crank was the problem) to no avail.

If you plan on doing any “big” trials/street, save your money. I would recommend it to beginners who want to experiment with different styles of riding before purchasing a dedicated machine.

See my review of the cross here

that sucks, ive done 3-4 foot drops on my unsplined nimbus and its fine

you have the cross fire…it has a different hub it think.

I have the crossfire, but the hub is the same (red qu-ax isis).

I pretty sure its just as strong as others. Well it looks that way from this Chart.

LOOK HERE

I find it to be a very sturdy hub.

ISaac

I am not sure but this guys hub is red so i cant tell if its the quax but he is doing some pretty huge stuff. What do you think?

YouTube Link

Isaac

Take a look at about 50 seconds - Seems pretty red. He did some pretty high drops! I’m going to email qu-ax, and ask when they changed there hubs, and how they think the strength compares with their yellow hub. I don’t know enough about metals and machining to compare the strength of the hubs through the spec sheets.

yea the uni isnt that strong, Torker DX would still be a way better deal, they just put out a uni partly trails, even though it wont hold up much, to get people who dont know a lot about unicycling to buy that one because it is 25 bucks cheaper than the Torker DX.

you can only have 2

Light,stronge,cheap

Well that guy isn’t that heavy, like 120-130 lbs. As I said in another recent thread, he will bend/break that hub if he keeps riding like that.

Isaac your riding seems to be more technical w/ fewer drops, plus I think you weigh a bit less than the guy in that vid.

IDK Municycle.com seems to thinkt the red hub is quite strong.

This uni has it
And here’s the hub

Ok what makes it weeker than the other ISIS unicycles? The Chart makes it the exact same as the others. And mine even has 48 spokes compared to 36.

I think the number of spokes will increase the the wheel strength, but not the hub strength. Will a knowledgeable person please verify?

On UDC you can buy the yellow hub and crank set alone for $125. That’s 10 spline, 48 holes…

well if its holding up then its not week, now we have to work out if its as strong as its rivals

So far with my hub its been holding up and ive been doing 4-4 and a hlaf foot drops and i feel like i could do much bigger. I dont know I think its a very good hub it seems that way so far for me. Its not bent or anything. Just like it was wen it was new…