Scans of the new On One Wheel

Well, you’re a jerk who likes to pick on little kids who can’t help themselves. I’m glad you’re not in charge of OOW, I’d be ashamed to know there’s a unicyclist such as yourself who is such a horrible person, in such an important position.

Sorry about all these problems with my whimper whimper unforgivable 11 year old stupidness. I really truly won’t do it again and I appologize to constance especially for messing up her magazine.

I personally liked reading the issue even though it shouldn’t of been posted on here.

Some of yall need to lay off. I mean everyone makes mistakes. Its not like you all are perfect. You all know of im talking too. Im totally with James Potter on this one. Thats pretty much what i wanted to say.

We got yo back Tyler.

It’s like kicking a dog with this boy… it does no good 'cause he doesn’t even understand what he did wrong! Either that or he can’t articulate what he just did…

TyCo, you should ask your dad about something called “Copyright Law,” how it relates to what just happened, and furthermore, you should ask him if he gives a cr*p that you’re violating said law in your use of the Internet. Do your parents know what you’re doing?

Wait… let me phrase this in a way we know you understand… you should start a couple threads at the dinner table with your parents entitled “Hey Guys – what’s copyright law?” and “What I did on the Internet today…” and carefully read the responses.

dude maestro, he knows what he did wrong. he just didn’t think about what it was that he was doing before he did it, because, come on, he’s 11. 11 year olds are allowed to make dumb mistakes, because if you don’t make dumb mistakes when you’re 11, then you’ll make dumb mistakes when you’re older, and if Tyler did this when he was 35, then he’d get in much more trouble because 35 year old peoples really should know this stuff.

I’m sorry but apart from the fact he’s addressed it to the wrong person (Constance Cotter is the ex-editor), I can’t see a problem with Tyler’s apology. There certainly doesn’t seem to be anything gained by flaming him.

He has (kinda) asked Gilby to remove this.

Someone made a good point earlier, it may actual help memberships. I personally didn’t know about the magazine, it looks cool and I might actual sign up. I think Tyler learned a valuable lesson!

I have a couple of questions: 1a) Can anyone submit an article to the magazine? 1b) Do they have to be a member? 2a) Can’t Tyler just trash this thread himself seeing as he is the creator? 2b) Can he wait until 1a and 1b are answered before he does it?

Thank you all for the answers I hope I will receive shortly.

1a. yes
1b. no
2a. I don’t think so. Gilby?
2b. Why does 1a, 1b matter?

More articles for the OOW are a good thing.

Tyler,
It’s not ‘my’ magazine, but I’m sure the current editor and contributors will see your apology. I do appreciate the apology, though.
I was serious about you contributing an article. An idea would be to take the polls you’ve put on these forums and create an article from them.

connie

That’s a decent looking magazine. If this hadn’t happened I wouldn’t have known what I was actually purchasing. Now I might actually fork over the cash for subscription.

There are good and bad reasons to post copyrighted material in public places… For me this turned out to be free advertising for the Mag.

Just for the record, age doesn’t mean anything on the internet. Everyone should no what to do and what not to do. What I am worried about is that tyler isn’t really following internet safety standards. Everyone on this forum knows his school, where he lives, his full name, and it wasn’t too hard to get his phone number (tyler, dont feel setup, i really am going down there, but i dont know if ill get the chance to ride, ill call if i do). It truly wouldn’t be hard to set up a “uni” ride, get him to meet up with you, and kill him. People on this forum probably wouldn’t do that, but anybody can read these posts. The internet is not a safe place and you really shouldn’t be posting all of your personal info all over it. I went to the NYUC meeting and the people there don’t even know my full name or the town I live in. Tyler, why would you post your age when youre that young? It shouldn’t make people forgive you for posting the full magazine article because rules are rules, age shouldn’t matter. All your age does is tell people that theres a really young kid that rides a unicycle living in port orchard that seems pretty vulnerable. Why would you want to tell someone that :thinking: Anyway, I hope you understand that you shouldn’t be giving away such personal information over the internet, it really isn’t smart.

e39m5

PS: You might find my “age” on this site, but nothing says thats my real age. you gave proof of your age with a standardized test

LOL, some of the people making a big deal out of this probably don’t give a damn about the magazine or the Unicycling Society of America!

I dont know why but i like this thread… its kind of funny

(you probably just dont care about what I said)

No, nobody knows my address. Also, I’m never home alone and would never meet anybody alone. I feel pretty safe.

nah, I think Dave is right. most of 'em just care about the fact that Tyler did something he shouldn’t, and they want to teach him a lesson despite the fact that they know it’s not that big of a deal.

Actually, I do know your address. Remember that thread where you were posting pictures of your house and I got 2 of the 4 numbers of your address off the pictures, than cross referenced that with people named Cox in your home town? I didn’t post the results, but I, for one, know exactly where you live. We also now know what school you went too and what grade you are in. That makes abducting you after school very easy. What you are doing is DANGEROUS.

This proves what I’ve been saying before, an 11 year old should NOT be unsupervised on the internet. It’s not only dangerous because he posts all his personal information, but now he’s breaking the law. Let me say that again for all the good standing forum members here that defend him all the time. He’s not just being annoying anymore, he’s breaking the law.

HIS FATHER NEEDS TO BE CONTACTED, AND HE NEEDS TO BE SUPERVISED ON THE INTERNET BEFORE HE GETS HIMSELF INTO REAL TROUBLE!

I know what he did is probably just a one time thing, but what if the next slip up he makes is worse? What if he starts going to another forum that’s not as safe and his first posts with all his personal info get him abducted? What is so wrong with insisting that he get parental supervision on the internet because he’s 11?

All you parents out there, would you feel safe is this was your kid?

(also, the argument that we download mp3s is invalid. Downloading pirated content vs providing is very different in the eyes of the law. Also, we are all old enough to know the consequences if we are caught, he is not. It’s not that he broke that law but that fact that his father didn’t know he was breaking the law and stop him first that bothers me.)

I can probably very easily find your address to. I know your name, your grandpas name, your phone number, your town, your state, your school, and maybey our teacher too, i would have to look at the scan again. But still, it isn’t tough with all the resources on the net now.

e39m5

I’ve half a mind to call his phone number to warn his dad, but I’m afraid his dad might take it the wrong way. I don’t really want to be accused of being an abducter myself.

(online phone books show only 3 coxes in port orchard)

The world is not a safe place. You could use the internet, but certainly someone determined enough can get you even w/o the aid of the internet. So saying the internet isn’t a safe place doesn’t mean that much. Granted an Eleven year old shouldn’t be giving out his info to others with out his parents permission, on the internet, over the phone, or at the local mall. As an adult, I have rode with and met with quite a few of the members on this site, and will continue to do so. That’s a risk knowing some of these guys, but one I am willing to take. I can’t tell you the number of times they have tried to kill me on the Muni trails, urban riding and cokering. :smiley: