Quote of the day (from non-riders)

At the trail this morning…

Hiker: “Doesn’t that hurt your nuts?”

Me: “Did you mean: ‘doesn’t that hurt? YOU’RE nuts!’, or, 'doesn’t that hurt YOUR nuts?”

Hiker: “Both”

Me: “No & yes to the first, no & no the the second” :sunglasses:

Was riding a nice DH trail on Mt Majura the other day and as it was crossing a firetrail that breaks it up into two sections i saw a MTBer on a cannondale Lefty- i can see him trying to think of a comment so i get in first with “where’s the rest of your fork?” and before he can answer i’ve crossed the road and am bombing down the next section of the trail. The look on his face was priceless.
mark

I didn’t quite hear what he said, so I slowed a bit and said “What??”

He said it again but I couldn’t hear over the Led Zeppelin playing through those headphone buds in my ears.

I sorta felt bad not understanding him, but not enough to stop, I kept going.

Second lap, have no idea what he said that time either.

Didn’t build any bridges today.

That’s really neat.

Prejudice is when people not only think “I’m normal; you’re not”, but expect you to see yourself that way too. You turned the tables on him.

Lol, earlier today I got a great comeback from a couple who were riding a tandem road bike.

I was riding my 36er and as they were passing I said: “Hey, you both have only one wheel each too!”

So as they slowly outpaced me, the guy in front said: “Yeah, but twice the horse power!” :smiley:

Yesterday me and my brother edd where on a M-uni ride when we could see some old ladies a litttle further on down the track going the same way as us, they were happily chatting away as grannies do, then as we speeded past then we heard them stop talking mid sentance. We left them speechless lol

leo

“Look mum! There is an artist!”

:smiley:

Yesterday my wife and I rode down to check out a cycling event down by the water. Notable comments:
“They’re having a bicycle bash - I’m not sure you’re going to be welcome on that thing. ;)”
“That is the logical evolution of the hipster fixie.”

Also my first negative comment ever, shouted from a rusted El Camino: “FAGGOTS!” :frowning:

Although I have been confronted with this comment only twice, I do have a favorite response. “No. But why are you looking for homosexual men?”

Makes sense, but most people would regard you or tell your “your stupid.”
Theres no countering something like that because the people that say it as a derogatory term are so stupid they wouldnt understand.

Eh, he was flying by in the opposite direction, so no verbal response was really possible; I opted for the finger instead.
I found the comment itself somewhat amusing, since I was with my not-remotely-androgynous wife at the time.

Two completely divergent comments today, while demonstrating some fairly big drops off of a lifeguard tower in Long Beach. A reporter from a local paper has been meeting with me for interviews, as well as watching me do a little riding. Also, he wanted to get some comments from people watching. So I climb up to this tower, about 6’ up, and I’m about to jump off. (Ended up doing the drop twice)

An old guy in a motor home sees me and says, “You’re only young once, so go for it!” I said I was 52, and he said “Holy S##t, I thought you were 18!”. Well, that more than made my day, and a bit later, the reporter interviewed him a bit, and he also called me a “1 percenter”, which he explained was his guess as to how many ppl my age do stuff like that!

After that, another two people-one a jogger, and his friend on her mtb-both who work in an ER. The guy went on to lecture me for a good 20 minutes, but in a nice way, about the dangers of what I was doing, but his friend thought it was cool. The writeup will likely include the choice quotes of all three people. :smiley:

I got my first clown related comment today. It was from a youngin so it’s all good. He asked if I was training to be a clown. I know the novelty will wear off eventually but for now I’m having so much fun.

today i was riding and was in a suit i bought from the op-shop(cost me a dollar)looking rather swanky in my suit the usual wheres your other wheel.i dont no why but i started lecturing about the global financial crisis and how i had to half my stock ,the guy was like oooooo and just mumbled it was funny.

Stick with the fun.
It never goes away.

Went for a ride today, after 12 miles I stopped and bought a cup of coffee. Back at the trail, I hesitated to mount the Nimbus 36 with full hot cup of coffee. Luckily for me a biker stopped and offered to hold the cup while I mounted. The coffee went well with the next 4 miles on the rail trail.

SURPRISE! Turns out the T7 handle has a built in cup holder! Life is good. (I’ll get a picture and post on the T7 review thread.)

1 Like

Just a link to the thread with the picture of the T7 cup holder.

I got a curious comment from a most charming individual the other day. “Oi d***head, why are you riding that gypo-cycle?” gypo is short for gypsie. I’m not sure what was wrong with the guy, but I’ll give him points for originality.

ahahahaha…

It’s approaching summer down-under, & the warm weather brings the tourists to Manly…

I got my first negative comments.

1 X “Wanker”

2 X “wonder what would happen if I put a stick in his spokes”

Plenty of positive comments though.