T7 Handle detailed photos

I’ve been thinking about getting a t7 handle for my coker. But before I do (if I do) I would like to know how exactly is it mounted on to the seatpost/saddle. So I would really appreciate it if someone would take the time to make a detailed photo of where and how it’s mounted on. Maybe I could even make one myself…
And what’s with the seatpost adapter thing? Do I need it for the handle?

UDC has a pretty good picture of how and why here.

The rail seatpost grabs the rails on the T7. The saddle is in turn bolted on top of the T7. Depending on the shape of the original seatpost you might be able to use it provided you changed the bolts in the saddle to slightly longer types. I do not have a T7 myself, so I have never tested this.

Oh, thank you very much. I looked at these on municycle.de and there weren’t so detailed pictures. I know now…need to figure things out if i decide to make one myself

If you are making your own I would suggest that you steer clear of the rail design. In my opinion they are the biggest downfall of the T7 design other than the flat front plate which takes all the up and down pressure.

I had a T7 and after the front plate cracked I cut the front off and put it on a boom similar to this It extends a bit further than the original T7 and is flipped upside down so it a bit lower with a more natural (for me) hand position.

I wish I had a camera to take some pictures, they really are worth a thousand words.

And on using the T7 with a standard post: you just need to grind some metal off the front of the CroMo posts. I haven’t tried it with any other standard post.

EDIT: This is a better example
2nd edit: here is another idea, probably heavier but could potentially be used by shorter people and is really adjustable.

Would that hold? Would it support the weight of me leaning on it? It looks too simple too be true. I like it:)

I broke my T7 after only 2 or 3000 km of riding. How I have it set up now feels much stronger and does not have nearly the same amount of flex.

I chopped up an old road bike and used the top tube for the boom. Somehow it worked out almost perfectly with only a small shim needed on the seatpost. I used a quill stem like Steve for a while when it was on a different unicycle but now I have the front of my old T7 shoved in the boom with a post clamp keeping it tight. I really like my setup now with a further and lower handle than the T7 and it feels way more solid.

Just discovered the T7 has a built in cup holder. Great for Styrofoam cups of coffee! The T7 is the greatest, I love it!

I just got my Nimbus Nightrider 3 days ago and I love it! Though it’s kind of strange to get used to after using a 20" trails.

Anyway, since it’s new and i’m not used to the size yet, it has taken a couple of good falls. The back handle part of the T7 is starting to take a real beating at the outside corners. Would it be advisable to get handle grips on the back like what are on yours Crashing? Would regular ones from a local bike shop fit and what kind would withstand a good beating?

I bought the front and rear grips from a local bike store. The front are full grips, and the back are short. I was surprised they had just what I needed off the shelf. Glad I have them to protect the T7 as well as the the car from getting scratched. The grips have lasted more than a year, front ones taking most of the abuse. The one’s I have say ‘SRAM’, I don’t know if they are better or worst than others.

[QUOTE=SirCharles1st;1119195]
I just got my Nimbus Nightrider 3 days ago and I love it! Though it’s kind of strange to get used to after using a 20" trails.

Anyway, since it’s new and i’m not used to the size yet, it has taken a couple of good falls. The back handle part of the T7 is starting to take a real beating at the outside corners.

[QUOTE]

Good point. I got a new qu-ax with the T7 and its already had a good beating, although I blame my 127mm cranks… for some odd reason you just get a rush when your overtaking bikes, and then the next thing you know your flying through the air…

Chrashing - I use my pi bar as a cupholder too. Perfect for a Big Gulp break during long rides.

Careful that doesn’t splash into your lap. It would probably pour nicely right along the groove in the freeride saddle.