Quote of the day (from non-riders)

While passing a couple of women in the park today, one said, “Six-pack abs, no doubt.”

(Don’t have 'em, but what she doesn’t know won’t hurt her.)

I went for a ride around a dam here on Saturday afternoon and passed an old couple… The man said ‘look dear, a penny farthing’…i just smiled and thought to myself ‘yeah, thats right, a penny farthing… you d0ucebag’

hahahahahahaha, thats hilarious!:D:D:D

Considering the unicycle developed from the penny farthing, that was one of the better-informed incorrect comments you’ll ever hear.

To respond with d0uchebag is a bit harsh.

Yeah, i know that… it just hit me as a bit of a shock as noone had ever said that before.
I didnt respond with it out loud… it was a mental thought;)

Just after passing a couple walking the other way my girlfriend (cycling behind me) heard the woman say “Wow, he makes that look easy”. :smiley:

How little she knows!

now that I look back on it… Nothing’s funnier than being followed by a tone deaf homeless dude trying to hum the circus tune, lol. At the time I was somewhat annoyed. He then proceeded to try to bum cigarettes, and then caught himself and said “oh I guess you probably don’t smoke, so you can stay healthy and keep doing that” to which I responded there were other reasons I didn’t smoke. He asked why and I said I just prefer to stay healthy so I can enjoy my life to the fullest, and not end up w/ cancer some day. It appeared this was not a concept that had occurred to him, lol

Whilst unicycling around an area favoured by elderly people to walk their dogs i had one (a man not a dog :wink: ) come up to me. He said that seeing me had made his day.

I know this wasnt a witty comment but it made my day knowing that i had made someone elses day. God i love unicycling

A couple on the same theme recently.

On one commute last week, a bicyclist passed me saying “you punks and your fixed gears.”

Today another passed me saying, “dude, you’re so much cooler than all those fixies.”

To both I had the same reply: “just getting rid of the parts you don’t need!”

One bicyclist in a group of three said “Keep fighting the good fight” as I rode past them.

There is a school near my house that I ride at often because of urban obstcles and things. Seems like whenever I go there I get a “hey look its the unicycle man!” or a “look,he’s riding on a unicycle” and one time I got a “hey daddy,he’s riding a bike with one wheel!” from all of the kids on the playgrounds Haha.they all just make me laugh.

riding home from school I someone shouted “get a bike you f*cking faggot!” followed by a full gatorade bottle hurling at my head. I just can’t help but love how generous people are, I mean come on, It’s not every day someone hands out a free gatorade!

did you catch it, open it, and start drinking it while riding? that would have been hard core

While riding my Nimbus 36 on the street, half way up one of the steepest hills I’m able to climb, struggling a bit because I’m not used to the short cranks, a man driving down stops, rolls down his window and asks me directions. I point that it’s back the way he came, while thinking, give me a freaking break.

Then the insensitive man proves what an idiot he is by backing up the hill to get back to the intersection, with traffic already backed up behind him.

I didn’t wait around, didn’t hear a crash, just glad he didn’t run me over.

Made the hill.

I caught a skateboard someone threw at me.:slight_smile:

Unfortunately it was broken–But now I have half a skateboard!

As some of you may know it’s getting colder in norway and it’s snowy and icey… well i was out riding my 29er with my dog… and then this man on a bike comes up and said “GOD DAMN!!! I WASN’T SURE I HAD THE BALLS TO TAKE MY BIKE OUT!! AND YOU COME ON ONE WHEEL!!” and I’m writing this in capslock because he was yelling it… like i was deaf… seriously…
it was awesome :smiley:

Yeah, I remember one comment I got last winter during my first test run with the studded tyre on my 26. There was ice everywhere and people were having enough trouble staying on their feet, while I was casually rolling along on the wheel.

While waiting for the green light to cross a street a guy asks me slightly uncertainly “Did you lose a bet or are you doing this on a dare?”. I just replied that I did it for the fun of it. I don’t think he accepted that explanation, but at least he didn’t get in my way when the light turned green :stuck_out_tongue:

How did you make your studded tyre?

No need to make one when those nice Finns manufacture them by the bucketload :stuck_out_tongue: I use this one from Nokian.

“I’m going to do Three Mountain” said Ruby enthusiastically referring to her attempts at freemounting before learning to ride. I’ve explained to her what freemounting is but yet she seems to remember it as Three Mountain.