Post Your MUni here!

I appreciate the thanks, but it was LargeEddie that posted all those links…

Schmolagin? Lol, I had no Idea that people would do this when I chose this user name…

Sorry, LargeEddie and Shmolagin.
I appreciate the info, and I do acknowledge that I’m an idiot.
LanceB

Yes, sorry for the misspelling, Shmolagin. I typed what I saw and didn’t notice the extra letter either. I guess German-origin names like Schmidt and Schmeling are familiar enough for us to fall into using that letter combination.

Those threads had some comments about that model maybe being a little bit heavy but it seems like a great starter, one that someone with an interest in trials or street riding could go a long way on. And I think it’s a little funny that 2004 model year unicycles might as well be from the stone age. I don’t think of that as being very long ago.

Btw, when I was looking to confirm which style of crank that was, I saw this:
http://www.unicycle.uk.com/qu-ax-8-spline-cranks-127mm.html

If the cranks should happen to be damaged, or if they’re really long for some reason as that text seems to suggest, those can be had for all of 12 GBP plus shipping of course.

This is a thread to post your muni’s - please don’t post any other uni’s in this thread :slight_smile:

That’s a kids muni…

I didn’t thoroughly look at all those threads but I know the first KH trials looked identical. I don’t remember if It was just a very similar design or Kris rebranded them like many bike companies do before he had his own design made.

I briefly tried a Summit and it was surprisingly light, esp considering it’s steel. A pound or two lighter than my 20" freestyle (also steel).

This was built from parts. Thanks to Nurse Ben and Saskatchewanian for advice. It’s a Kh 36 frame with a 26 in wheel for Muni. The reason for this uni experiment was to have the ability to travel with a 26 29 and 36 with out having to haul 3 unicycles. In the near future I will be lacing up a 36 and 29 wheels for it. I’ve been riding it for a week and I rode Muni today and it works awesome. I was a little worried about knee strikes but that is not a problem. It’s stiff light and strong. A brake system will come soon. I’m in love with it and the 3 wheel concept.

Are you intending to run disc breaks? Seems like they’d be the way to go since rim brakes will only work on single wheel sizes.

Exactly. Spirits with the D Brake and disc. Mechanical brake like what Ben uses. I can’t remember the name of it right now.

Glenn

Ahh, the TRP…

I got a trp and 120tip knard and some new pedals to get my fat 29 going for the winter :smiley:

That’s a great looking uni. My frame and cranks were purchased from UDC CA. Pete is a great guy. I thought long and hard about purchasing the Oracle 29 as they were having a good sale on them but the taxes and shipping were a deal killer since I live in the states. Anyways nice Muni.

Glenn

QX29-Disc

this is currently my main ride: QX29-Disc

Albatros

08300024_rs.jpg

Nice looking QX :slight_smile:

My new QX 26" Muni

Here’s my new predator!

I’ve been considering a similar, though less drastic plan - I want to put a fat-tyred 26" wheel in my 29er frame for more ‘hardcore’ riding… Is there anything I need to consider? I don’t run brakes so I’m not worried about that whole thing. Is it just a case of dropping the seat down a bit? :smiley:

Why would you need to drop the seat?

I guess I wouldn’t, depends on if I use the same crank size I guess!

True, although there would have to be a massive crank difference if to actually matter very much.

here is my 29er. she has taken an utter beating in the malverns over the past couple of weeks forcing me to change levers from a dia compe mx2 to the speed dial to cater for the steep downhills.

apart from having to change the lever she has performed like a charm