Post your home made unicycle upgrades.

you guys should sand the outside so it doesnt hurt your hand

Thanks Mark :slight_smile: . I have tried putting it on one of the outside bars but it doesn’t fit on by a tiny amount- like 1 mm, I’ll try it again though. I have got some cheap bar ends off a scooters bars but I might get some better ones latter on. Clever idea about the bar tape from tube- Funny thing is I’ve got some old inner tubes that I’ve been thinking about what I could use them for :smiley:

I guess I shouldn’t have drilled the holes all the way through :roll_eyes: oh well. Thanks!

Looks better than my bumper, nice work. Lol thats alot of holes.

Thanks, I’ll make them better :smiley:

Yeah the OD on the frame is a bit larger than the 22.2mm magura mount but you can make it fit with a bit of muscle.

mark

Got the brake on the handle now :smiley:

Sum more photo’s of my mark 2 HS33 brake mount.

Awesome! Is the brake mount made of aluminium?

No :astonished: would be to light for UPD etc.
Its some steel from a motorcycle crate :slight_smile: free at my work.
Idea was a late night (light bulb thing) and next day made it in a hour (I think) painted, mounted, fitted brake, and loaded up and drive to Wellington. For Unicon 15. Tested on the way with some Good muni ride’s.

This is not one of my upgrades. I found it by accident and thought it was worth a post. Source - I like the name of MonoTricycle, but I’m not sure how much the trainer would help.

This might be a way to keep using all the HS33 levers with broken bar clamps or stripped lever pivot threads.

Brycer

Here is some Photo’s of My new brake hose set up with two hose’s from the brake lever/master cylinder one to the left and one to the right hand side.
It works great :roll_eyes:

New Handlebar Made Today!!

At last after looking at the Muni Handlebar set up’s it was time to make one for this weekends club ride.
Ten hours it work and one almost finished Handleber is set for testing?
I like my brake under the seat so worked around it.

That handle looks bombproof, let us know how it goes on the ride. I guess you only ever grab the brake from the one side eh?

Yes I only brake with My Left hand. The tube is very strong CrMo tubing 6mm,10mm and 22.2mm. At worked out so well it going to stay on for good.
Pete G…

wow excellent idea!

Hi Jogi can I have it made in Ti (Triton) :smiley:
Pete G…

haha I am really looking for the perfect design to make some in Ti and your design I like most till now but there are two points to improve for serial production…

• this design requires a “left” and “right” hand option, right???
  • I would like to combine it with the standart HS33 / HS11 brake mount but I am not quite sure whether we get the tube diameter in ti…

at all it will work best in combination with carbon seat plate…!!!

It’s OK i’m still working on the design. Looking to fit a brake up on the bar (maybe).
I’m looking to sale My Triton in March (after Karapoti Classic) to help with My next goal! :astonished: a 12,000km Bicycle trip from North to South Africa in 106 days. Start is 2012. :smiley:
Pete G…

Youre building one of the most beautiful/custom Tritons just to sell it after such a short time?

So you’re not going to get very far then :smiley:

So you’re not going to get very far then :smiley: