Post your home made unicycle upgrades.

i just thought of this but for trials and pedal grabs put some tire rubber on your grabbinh pedal much like a grind plate but for grabbing not slipping.

not really a good ideaā€¦ but it might work for what your doing

Iā€™ve had it for a few months and Iā€™m still using it (:

i had one on my uni for a good while, probably 4 or 5 months, the cover everyone is freaking out about is some sort of stretchy material, and one pieceā€¦ its not extremely hard to make a cover from 1 piece of material.

Home Made Upgrade

For when your bashing offroad and donā€™t want an untrue wheel to hang-up on your brake
I give you-----
-----the Disc Brake

Hey lobbybopster, how about a picture of the whole uni? It looks like quite the conversation piece!

Yah, that looks pretty bada55ā€¦ Like a cyberpunk frame :slight_smile:

I had a friend of mine weld piping to make a seat post with a T-bar attached to it.
Why? Because I got into unicycling because I love the wheelie feeling and also this was supposed to make me a better wheelie rider.

EDIT: I am thinking of shortening the T-bar but Iā€™m not sure how short I should goā€¦also thinking of making the handlebars more narrow.
Just not sure what I can/should do with that T-bar set up.
I donā€™t know (at this point) if it would be a good platform to use for my 28" in terms of something that is closer to the other handlebars that are more common.

I did the opposite and got rid of the annoying nylon nut + bolt setup in exchange for the usual hex bolts with threads in the bearing holder.

Shorter?

You donā€™t ever get spam email for shortening your ā€œmale appendageā€ā€¦ why would you want anything shorter?

I say make it longer.

Seriously, it depends on what you want to do with that unicycle. If you want to make it into a touring uni, then you will want to shorten it and narrow down the handlebars - the goal there is to have a handle that wonā€™t kill you if you UPD off the front of the unicycle, but still have enough handle that you can use it to take some of the weight off of your crotch.

I give you-----
-----the Disc Brake
[/QUOTE]

kay, ivā€™e seen that before, but cant figure summin outā€¦ is that a unicycle hub? if so how does the disk brake fit on,
or is that a normal bike hubā€¦ if soā€¦ how do the cranks attach?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3520719&id=770257888&op=1&view=global&subj=770257888

attention to the home made frame covers, theyrā€™e lizard skin fork covers, with a length of hosepipe underneath :slight_smile: doing a brilliant job of prtecting my frame XD

Disc Hub

kay, ivā€™e seen that before, but cant figure summin outā€¦ is that a unicycle hub? if so how does the disk brake fit on,
or is that a normal bike hubā€¦ if soā€¦ how do the cranks attach?
[/QUOTE]

I thought this thread was about home-made uni stuff?

The entire hub is home-made to accept a disc, just like a normal ISIS bike hub. It's that simple!

Oh Yeah, Super G, Check out the suspension uni thread or CMW 2008 for many complete pictures.

Or use this seat post on another uni. I also have a 28."

The thing isā€¦I canā€™t have stuff welded for free everyday, so I am wondering about the value or potential I have for it.
Yeah, I think I am with you on that. With it long, it is still safe because when you jump off because you are safely between the handlebars and the seat and still have room in between them. If shorter, the handlebars will trip you upā€“unless they are narrower and not as protruding outwards.
Now it is just a matter of trying to fab it that way (if I choose to do that).
Fabbing is half the fun.

suspension

OK this is how we start. Start with a cheap eBay GT LTS frame ($40/$50)Cut, cut, cut! Then lay it out. This is a little different than my 24" x 3" muni, Iā€™m going to try a 26" street version. Iā€™ll post again after a little tack weld and test.

2 Likes

Lobbybopster I had wondered how you came up with the design for your suspension uni and those few pictures explained it all,I like your thinking and hope your still dreaming things up and if possible making them real.
john

you lost me after the second picture XD

Lost?

OK, Iā€™m trying to explain. Iā€™ll post the progress. but this project is to end up a roadie of this----------------------

1 Like

Home built Uni

Thanks DANGERDOG, After seeing your video I can see that my little project would benifit you quite a lot. Thats a little tamer than my trail of choice (cause I live close to it) but I also made an add on unit for several friends, that clamps on the seat post of a regular uni. The comfort extends the length of time you can ride. I tried a true suspension of the wheel but you loose all sense of feel to the ground and all controll. thats why Iā€™m sticking with the seat post.

A picture worth a thousand words

This is my ride