Mad4One 20" rim
Demoliton 20x2.35 tire
KH moment 110s
Odyessy twisted PC Pro pedals
Mad4one powersquare frame (champagne)
Railigion Brand cf base
Mark Fabian Cover

9 Likes

Nice to see the champagne, thanks :smile: Is this the same uni in you of your videos? (the snow one)

1 Like

It is similar. the noticeable differences are the frame and tire, but the rest of the unicycle is (mostly) the same. (also that picture makes the frame look a little more gold than it actually is
you can see all of the colors here ^
Champagne is in the middle row, second in from the right.)

Thanks. I thought it looked a bit more gold in your photo than the seat post clamp on the website (at least the seat post clamp which I thought was champagne!). I think I see a muni in this colour in my future :slight_smile:

I enjoyed your podcast the other week BTW – I listen to these in the car – always entertaining.

1 Like

yeah i love the color. also i’m glad you enjoyed the podcast! i’ll be sure to pass the kind words on to phil

1 Like

Build a new 27.5" wheel yesterday that is temporarily seated in a KH29 frame. Took it for a short spin this morning and really enjoying it…

Rim: 27.5" Spank Race 33
Spokes: Sapim Race 2,0/1,8/2,0
Nipples: Sapim Polyax Aluminium Gold
Hub: One4all ISIS 32h (einradshop.ch)
Tube: Schwalbe Extralight SV21A
Tire: WTB Venture Comp Road Plus Wire Bead 47-584 (measures 50mm wide at 4bar)

The rest is just temporary. The (wire bead) tire is also just because it was on sale for 12€ but it seems like a nice Pavement/Hardpack tire even though it’s kind of heavy at ~700g. It handles road camber brilliantly! I plan to mount black cranks and already miss my M4O Handle Saddle medium (on my 24") but could also be interesting to try the QX Eleven saddle (that I already own) with some kind of t-bar.

But the big question is. What frame should I get for the wheel?

1. Cheapest/lightest option would be a Nimbus Oracle 26" frame (it should fit a 27.5" tire). But can the stickers be removed? they would kind of ruin the otherwise clean black look.
  2. M4O alu. But what color? Black or maybe even the flashy Gold (to match the nipple color)?
  3. something else…
5 Likes

Great looking wheel set :+1:t3: I vote a black frame and the oracle would be my choice for the $ factor. The stickers do easily come off the oracle frames also

1 Like

Well, I finally did it. A Titan 36 has joined the ranks.
(Sorry for the bad picture quality)

The whole family together:

(Left to right: Avenir 20" Muni, Miyata Flamingo 24", UDC Club 26", UDC Titan 36")

7 Likes

Here is my collection that I share with my son. The fat tyred one is one I made from a pair of Surly forks as an experiment, works well and some great comments from passers by when we are out.

Cheers
Col

6 Likes

Hey, I’m from the Caribbean (Trinidad) so getting my hands on these weren’t the easiest. 20" Sun that I learned on, bought from literally the only bike shop on the island that had unicycles…now in my nephew’s possession. 26" stock Nimbus that a friend was nice enough to travel with on their way back from Florida so it could to get to me. One day I’ll get my hands on a 36er

6 Likes

My newest stallion. Now should I damage my new bought 3 wheeler and get 2 more wheels welded on? Is there a way to buy the connecting points?

5 Likes

If that’s what you want to do and you have the courage to do it, then go for it. As for myself, the money spent would be the least of my worries. Falling from eigbt feet in the air would terrify me. I’d also practice my five point landings.

And it actually looks like you could just bolt two more wheels on.

What if the middle wheel runs a flat or gets soft, then you end up having a free-wheel trike.
Respect on riding it. It is way too high for me. Sat on a giraffe once and chickened out when I wanted to push off and ride it.

You put the frames on upside down…

4 Likes

Aw, darn it! I’ve been wondering why the pedals didn’t make the uni move for almost 4 years now!
I guess hopping might be a bit harder now, right?

2 Likes

Now the newly build wheel is seated in a 26" Oracle frame with Nimbus aluminum seatpost, QX Eleven saddle and 114mm Venture cranks. The frame came with the Oracle stickers in a bag so I did not even had to remove them!

I think it turned out quite nice and clean even though it’s a mix of matte and glossy black parts.

The 27.5" wheel also fits the 26" frame without issues.
There is 25mm clearance at the top and 20mm to each side (tire is 50mm wide).

As a side note I found this post showing a 27.5x3.0 barely fitting the same frame so I was expecting
to have some clearance at the top.

6 Likes

I agree. Nice, simple and understated!

Nightfox with a handle saddle.

13 Likes

nice! is that the large handle saddle?

Yep, I wanted something that would work well on the road and for muni. I’ve only ridden it a few hundred yards so far though and I’m still refining the mount.

Currently I’m using stacks of washers as a method of adjusting the seat angle, but in a week or two once I’ve determined my ideal angle I’m going to make aluminum risers instead.

1 Like