Post a picture of your unicycle(s)

So it is my birthday today. This morning this is how I found one of my unicycles (I have small kids). I resisted the urge to go outside and ride it like this… but it was hard. :rofl:

8 Likes

Happy Birthday Ruari!
Love the colours. Have a great day!

1 Like

Happy birthday buddy! :partying_face:

1 Like

*Forget about the name and age on the cake! :grinning:

5 Likes

Congrats Ruari, :birthday:
What did you get for your bday? another uni?

1 Like

I got various unicycle parts (including the M4O 36" frame and some KH spirit cranks) that my kids then wrapped up and gave to me as a “surprise”. :rofl:

Happy birthday ruari! :balloon: :uni: :partying_face:

1 Like

That cake is an absolute work of art :grinning:

Happy birthday :birthday:

My new unicycle specifically for climbing! :smiley:

Full specs:

Mad4one M frame
Mad4one XXL seat post
Mad4one handle saddle M

Light Bicycle AM930 rim
Mad4one ISIS disc hub
DT Swiss Comp spokes

Continental Speedking Racesport 29"x2.2" tire
Schwalbe Aerothan MTB 29" tube

Shimano XTR 9120 brake
Magura Storm SL.2 180 mm rotor

Mad4one Agile 110-130 cranks
DMR Vault [mg] superlight pedals

CF clamp and Ti bolts

9 Likes

Then why do you need a brake? :wink:

If I lived near you then I would hike to the top of the hills and collect all of the nice unicycles which can only be ridden uphill :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Haha, it’s interesting - I started riding without a brake, but now I can’t imagine riding a unicycle without one anymore. It’s just part of it like the seat, pedals,…

Is the frame in Mad4One’s “champagne” or “silver” colour? I was thinking of one of their frames in either champange or slate-grey but I haven’t actually seen what it looks like.

Thanks.

The frame is actually in the standard color “titanium”. The seat post is anodized in “silver”, which is one of their “made in italy” colors.

That’s great thanks. Your new uni looks pretty nice. I’ve just finished building a couple of gravel bike wheels with LightBicycle rims with the same orange logo, so that immediately caught my eye!

I was looking for examples of the Mad4One colours but couldn’t find anything definite on the website. The indecision from choice leads to procrastination unfortunately!

1 Like

Thanks. These Light Bicycle rims are indeed very nice, have fun with them!

Regarding the mad4one colors, you can see examples of all options when you look for seatpost clamps or rims. The frames are only anodized in these colors on request as far as I know.

Do you find the 130mm cranks climb better than longer ones? I’ve had my best luck climbing on 145mm cranks. I’ve got 170mm cranks on my muni right now and they just seem to be too slow and hard to get past the 6/12 position.

Thanks. I think a Mad4One frame may be the start of my next ‘project’ (once I’ve finished haemorrhaging money into the current one!)

1 Like

I like something between 130-140 for most of my climbing, depending on how steep/technical it is. I have 138 mm on several unicycles and since this one is much lighter, I went for 130 mm.

Yes it would be really helpful if they had a “Build your unicycle” feature where you could make changes and see the picture change to match.
I was thinking flash green frame with blue rims and clamp, but not sure how well it would go together without seeing it. No flash green rims though???

Yes, that would be nice feature, a bit like you get with car websites. I doubt it would be cost effective to have a unicycle ‘configurator’, but customisation seems to be a big part of getting a Mad4One so you never know.