Post a picture of your unicycle(s)

I shred a KG light in a tubeless setup in the beginning compression of steep uphill climb… that is the reason I get an heavier Vee tire + a Victoria Airliner! I sold a UDC carbon base… it was heavier than the handle saddle and however for long rides my butt prefers the KH fusion one.

Gonna check. I remember looking at the arrow on the tire, but when I’m messing with the sealant everything can happen :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That looks like a lot of crank length for such a light unicycle.

It does also look like it to me

1 Like

Maybe with it being so light, he was more concerned about slippage under acceleration than braking :smiley:

4 Likes

It’s 137 and it feels too long. I’m used to ride around at 125. Do not really know why I ordered 137

Thank you all! Confirmed the reversed tire. Could swap cranks and train riding backwards :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

I reversed everything but the tire! I can now ride safe

5 Likes

I don’t know how you did it with the brake, but well done :slight_smile:

Take the tyre off, rotate the whole unicycle, then put the tyre back on again

2 Likes

Oh ok. Same as reversing the tyre.

You could leave the tyre on and unlace/relace the spokes :stuck_out_tongue:

But the rim wouldn’t be reversed.

Estetic issue it would be the reversed rim, mechanical issue it would be lacing using backward facing nipples!

1 Like

Here is my (current) favorite - a 24" QX :grinning: As I started learning earlier this year on the 20" I never really felt I was able to cover any proper distance (more than 100m) and the 29" I got soon after was a bit too scary and I had especially one nasty UPD that made me look for something in between…

It started as a bit of an experiment to see if I could build something from the ground up without breaking the bank in case I did not like the size. I’m a fairly skilled hobby bike mechanic and I have tried to replace spokes and true wheels before but I had never laced a wheel before. So this was a first…

I got the QX Frame (49€) and Qu-Ax BX-38 Rim (9€) at sale price from qu-ax.de. The Nimbus ISIS 48H Hub (7€) and a standard 24x1.75" tire (3€) I got locally from a clearance sale. Only thing I needed to buy at full price was the 48 spokes. The rest of the parts I initially borrowed from my 20" like the 125mm cranks that are still mounted.

I soon discovered that this 24" was a really comfortable size for me. Fairly easy to free mount (compare to a 29") and able to cover distance (better that a 20") and still very maneuverable (compared to 29"). And UPDs where fairly uneventful (compared to 29"). So then I started tweaking…

Tire got replaced with a “plus” size tire. Specialized Big Roller 24"x2.8" making it same size as a regular 26" tire. This made it much easier to roll up and down small kerbs (no hopping) and added some comfort. Saddle got changed from standard Qu-Ax Luxus to a Qu-Ax Eleven. That was better but not great and now it’s mounted with a more comfortable old used KH Fusion Freeride with matching colors :slight_smile: Also the pedals was changed to some that fits the color scheme. And last a Magura rim brake was mounted that I have shortened and bleed (but I have still to master using it).

And of course I’m not done. I’ve just ordered a M4O Handle Saddle M that I’m looking forward to mount sometimes next week to see if I like it…

3 Likes

Great build, love the colour theme.

24’s are really good for many situations and I completely agree, no issue to mount, better for any distance than a 20, and not scary if you UPD.
It looks good with that tyre and you put it together so well at pretty much the lowest possible price. Big thumbs up :+1::slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 To what @Gockie said. I was out on my 24" earlier. I do like that size. The tyre selection is more limited than 26", 27.5" and 29" but there certainly are some options.

Here is a picture of mine with a 24”x3” Felt “Thick Brick” (the brick part refers to the tread pattern, though given the size it is a fairly heavy tire :wink: )

My 24" is pretty basic with a cotterless hub and no brake, but it does have SHW 125/150 cranks, which is kind of unusual for a unicycle with this hub interface.

2 Likes

9 Likes

Such a sweet machine!

1 Like

Thanks! I think that every time i ride it :slight_smile: