Post a picture of your unicycle(s)

I like how the saddle looks like it is just floating there – in the photo I thought the mounts were just cable ties for the brake hose and wondered what was keeping the seat up!

I’m seriously considering the large for my 36”. Its good to see photos of them in the wild to get an idea of size

I posted pictures of a 29er with a large handle saddle:

It’s great to ride. I also have a muni with the M version which is nice on rough terrain but my ankles start to hurt after ~30km. So for distance riding I strongly suggest the L version.

1 Like

Awesome thanks! I really like the medium for Muni myself but on a 36’er where more time is spent in the saddle (for me anyways) i feel like the large will serve me better as its about the same length as my T-bar on the 36 now

1 Like

On the 36er I’ve got a T-bar, too, but I must say I prefer the handlesaddle. It lacks the Tbar’s adjustability but clearly wins in stiffness which to me is more important. (I’m 90kg :wink:)

1 Like

The saddle also lacks the tip, right? Is that nice? I mean, does that prevent some discomfort?

It’s amazing how much difference the stiffness affects the overall feel. Dont me wrong, I like my T-bar and fusion one but the handle saddle for me is far superior. The seat portion is also very easy to modify or make your own which is a big plus. I think I’ll go for the large

1 Like

I’d say it reduces the discomfort but doesn’t fully prevent it. I’m still not sure whether I find the Fusion One or the Handlesaddle more comfortable (or maybe rather less uncomfortable).

But as @WeaponizedBacon said, the Handlesaddle is very easy to modify and make it fit your anatomy. That’s what I’m planning to do next. My goal is to achieve the comfort I get from a Brooks B17 on bicycles. Not sure that is even possible without salvaging a actual B17…

1 Like

I need to get a saddlehandle some day. And I think it will be a large for my 36".

I’m thinking of getting the handlesaddle shipped to the US. What’s the best place to buy it? Do you all just get it from mad4one (https://unaruota.com)?

I ordered from mad4one.

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Yeah, the Nightfox is made to mount on the front to the handle sockets of a Nimbus saddle and to the standard rear mounts of most saddles. So when you mount a m41 saddle, the rear mounts are easy, but you have to come up with some way to figure out the front. What I did was make a clamshell mount that clamped around the narrow portion of the handle saddle and then connected to the frame of the Nightfox. What I found out was that that placed the front of the saddle about 3cm too low and I then had to figure out how to raise it up.

I took it out for about a 3 mile ride today and overall I really like it.

1 Like

I think I made the right choice on this one. For a 36er, the large saddle just gives me a better choice of hand positions on the road while having few drawbacks off road. For my 27.5 I’m probably going to go with the medium though.

1 Like

And the large saddle gives you a bigger stance factor? Don’t you keeps your hands on a T-bar or whatever bar?

I don’t know about the stance as the large is the only handle saddle I have. I’m not using a t-bar on it now and I wasn’t really crazy about it when I did have one. What I wanted was something that would allow me to grip close in for hopping and still further out for riding on the road, but I didn’t really want a large handlebar.

My focus is muni, because that’s what I find challenging and fun. I ride about 5km a day and my usual course is about 80% city streets linking a bunch of random trails through utility easements and the like. So it’s getting used on the road, but I find that part less interesting than seeing if I can make it through a trail without falling.

2 Likes

It does look like the saddle is just floating above the frame. Is it possible to share another photo from a different angle? I’m interested to see how the attachment is made.

Here you go. It’s just a clamshell mount and you can see my fabrication work is a little crude up close. The stacks of washers are going be replaced with the aluminum risers. I’ve only got the one finished however as the tail stock on my lathe seized up midway through the second one.

5 Likes

Very cool! Thanks for sharing the detailed photos.

My beginner fleet: no brakes or handles (yet) and still tweaking things like seats. Left to right: 32"-150(w/127 option), 26"-165(going to put on 137 soon), 24"-150, and new-to-me 20"-115. I got all of these since Nov2020; more than I need and can master at once (and I feel bad for areas where stocks are very low these days), but they have been a perfect coping mechanism for the past months, my pandemic “pals.”

3 Likes