Pictures of your latest ride

Some stills from today’s coker ride…I’m editing a video of the ride that should be up by tomorrow. It’s my favorite coker viddy yet! :smiley:

Checking the video for a good angle:

on top of generoso it snowed three days ago, but endly spring has sprung in Ticino too (quite late this year…)

vette.jpg

And you re all the way up there in that position? :astonished:

Unusual photo of the Mawddach Estuary, Wales with sunshine instead of rain! Nearing the end of my trail run and trying to assess the healing of the cracked rib I am riding with from a UPD last week. Went OK, but 20 miles was enough.

me.jpg

That looks like a beautiful spot. Take care of the rib.

Bug

Last week I was in Reno. I rode up a lot of hills in West Reno. This is up by the Reno LDS temple.

Here is a picture of a local hill I was riding around. The grass is brown now and will stay that way until January. I can ride up some of trails, but the steep ones in the background are too difficult for me: I can make it part way up before UPDing.:o The trails are lightly marked in red.

So I took my camera and my new super compact tripod… and my camera batteries gave out after three pictures. A message on the screen said “Batteries exhausted.” I thought, “You didn’t have to pedal here, you lazy sods.”

A brilliant ride, covering all of the best and hardest bits of the route I followed when I lacerated my leg on Good Friday. I found the hill where it happened and rode it, just to lay any demons to rest. It was barely a hill at all!

Elsewhere in the ride, I did one long steep descent so difficult that sometimes I was sliding with the wheel locked at the end of each pedal stroke. Gorse bushes (they’re the prickly ones) were overhanging on both sides, and I smacked my head quite hard on a surprisingly substantial branch.

Comment of the day: I was riding up a long gradual slope of sand and gravel. There was one “trodden” path about a foot wide and I was on that. A young woman on a bicycle was freewheeling down the hill. She made eye contact but made no effort to give way. On my unicycle, going up hill, I pulled to one side onto the soft shifting sand and gravel and she swept past me, on the narrow firm strip, and said cheerily, “That looks hard work.”

Only one photo worth posting, in one of the prettier sections of the forest.

Forest 1.jpg

Sometimes I get a bit frustrated with that kind of behavior and just give a cheery “You’re welcome” as they ride off on their merry way, marveling at how the world just wonderfully revolves around them…

Another one that gets me is when it’s actually a group, and the first one coming down (oblivious to the general rule that uphillers have right of way) says “3 more.” Always makes me want to ask “Uh, OK, and I assume they’re just as ignorant as you, right?”

But I have to say, I’m much more laid back on the uni than my mountain bike, it’s one of the reasons I really do enjoy the sport.

Just a note to tell you all how much I appreciate this thread.

It makes me want to go out and ride. Unfortunately, I’m stuck at work - on a Sunday, yes - with my uni. BUT I brought my spanking new HD cam and a novelty fisheye lens adapter so I’ll go try that out in a while when I’m finally done with work.

The building management has apparently barred cycling in the offices AND bicycles in the passenger lifts but no one’s told me off about my 29" uni yet.

(To the comment above)
Sometimes it’s not their fault for not givign way - some cyclists aren’t skilled enough to and any sudden change in direction to give way to you would probably result in more danger to both you and him/her. At least I’d like to give them the benefit of the doubt - makes me a happier person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0mYt_vtFTo

Made a vid of a route I ride quite regularly.

Wow, this was an EPIC day with TEN hours of riding! Me, Tyler and Joe met at my house at 9:30am for some backyard trials, then we drove up to the local trail for a short but demanding MUni ride…then it was time to hit the beach for a 40 mile coker ride!

We were also joined there by Jeff who did 24 miles, and 11 year old Kaelyn, who showed up with his dad to ride the first couple miles with us. We had FUN! I took some video along the way including a 4 foot snake we caught on the trail! :smiley:

I’m tired, hungry and sore, but it was totally worth it! Thanks guys for the great ride!

DSC09592.JPG

fluxusmaximus it’s nice to see you put up some video,I reckon you should do more.

Unigeezer I like following your rides but tell me was that a real snake you picked up or is it a geezer stunt.

Liam at Swinley Forest today on a training ride for Mountain Mayhem.

Brilliant ride, fantastic singletrack and great banter from the mountain bikers.

I was riding a little ahead of Joe when he called out to come back. When I got there he said that he almost ran over a huge snake that was crossing the trail, and that it was slithering away into the brush.

I spotted it and noticed that it was a gopher snake, so I reached in and brought it out for a few pics and video, then let him go on his merry way. He was a good 4 feet long.

Did you ever find out what was behind The Curtain Of Mystery?

How can I qualify for that list? Oh, I know. Do more rides and post the pictures… :stuck_out_tongue: But I do promise to never post an album with over 800 pictures in it! Ouch! But I understand that was a conglomeration of several peoples’ cameras.

Murphy’s Law states that one’s camera batteries will usually only die when one is far from home and right before a once-in-a-lifetime event occurs. I’ve learned to always carry a charged spare…

Many users of the trails are far less avid trail-users than the rest of us. In other words, they truly are oblivious to the rules. The hard part is telling the difference between them and the frequent riders that really should know better. For the most part I choose to not try to educate unwilling students; it’s hard enough getting through to the ones that have paid. :slight_smile:

Freaks!
But yes, I’m curious too. Usually the freaks in Venice Beach are more “street” oriented. It’s serious if someone has actually made the committment to pay what must be pretty exorbitant rent!

It was most definitely real. I came within a couple inches of running it over, but I bailed off the unicycle just in time. He really was really real.

Joe, did you see the video from our ride? You didn’t post a reply, so I’m just wondering. :slight_smile:

went to a mountain bike thing with the owners and employes of unicycle.com on saturday. it was a blast! amy (the founder of unicycle.com) took these pics of me with her i-phone! the first one is me finishing an around the world (ithink thats what you call it) the seond is me riding across a 7 inch wide plank that only me and josh (one of my freinds that works at udc) and the third is of me going up a really steep 3 set! i also when MUni’ing on a 36"er it was an awsome day!!! i was better at trials then all of the people who worked at unicycle.com except for josh