Pictures of your latest ride

I love the last picture Turtle :smiley:

Wow Turtle. You know most people just put on a coat when they get cold.
That picture would make an excellent poster.

29" and 24"

Riding 29" turned out to be too hard - so I switched to 24" after 3 km…

Wet, messy and muddy MUNi fun, splashing through the trail on the second to last day of 2010! I decided it would be the perfect opportunity to test my GoPro UNDER WATER! Video uploading now, so stay tuned to the video forum. Look for “Wet & Wild!” :smiley:

Sm 2010

For the 3rd time I took part in an Off road Sylvester Marathon.
The first tour for my new 26 Guni and a whole new experience for me.
But the terrain was to slippery and bumpy to shift geares…
I’m feeling very happy but also bloody tiered…
A short impression of this event.

I have a new uni so to start the new year I decided to go for a bit of a spin around the mountains of the Yarra Ranges, near Melbourne.
The weather was perfect today. It was great to get out in the forest, listen to the birds singing, smell the trees and see the wildlife (wallabies and parrots). The 36 guni was a lot of fun coming down the hills in high gear.

Happy new year everyone!

Climbing the Acheron Way:

Art shot:

Hoon speed*:

*Note: GPS data may not be accurate whatsoever!

My first Muni Ride

Picture from a three mile ride in the woods :smiley:

nice start in to the new year with turtle junior (9):

Had a good muni ride the other day…

hugo, what cranks these ones are?

On the 29", 145mm.
On the 24", 137 mm (137/165 KH duals)

But if you think the cranks on the 29" were too short - that wasn’t the problem. The snow was frozen and the tire (Kenda Karma) did not do what I wanted it to do, it was sliding sidewards and caused some UPDs. When I switched to the 24" with the Nokian Gazzaloddi tire (had to ride back to my car), the problem stopped completely.

W#hoa Colored plaster haha , but man You really don´t have luck in MUni

Some days before I made 2 Big holes in my shin :confused: My uni is in vacation for now :confused: Hope you heal fast! haha

Haha, he’s just too crazy at it.

I see some moments in that pic :slight_smile:

you see bent qu-ax 145’s :wink:

“Catching a Flight” :smiley:

Guts! What where you doing in muni at the time which you broke your leg?

Just a tiny little drop-slope, came off the uni and landed with my foot sideways on the hill when it just bent sideways and somehow managed to break in 3 or 4 places :stuck_out_tongue:

Bah.

You just need more practice :smiley:

YAY, BEATING STEREOTYPES!

Oh, wait…

Sunday is my day to uni, after ski patrolling Fri/Sat. Last week I rode down the Highlands ski area, which was a hoot. This Sunday I wanted to take Paco out, so we rode the Smuggler road to the platform. It is a nice 14% grade, 1.3 miles ( 2.1km) with a 950’ (290 meter) elevation gain. I was able to ride the whole thing up, that snow is grippy, with a few stops to let my heart catch up. It was better grip and less technical than in the summer. The downhill was really fun, Paco would fly by me at a high rate of speed, then slide to a stop and wait to do it all over again. Cold temps, started out at 0F (-17C) and ended at 10F (-12C), perfect exercise temperature. Looking forward to next Sundays ride already.
A couple of pics to enjoy Happy New Year!