Pictures of your latest ride

Thanks.
Yes he did land that drop (on the second attempt). It’s a sort of natural steps formation with two drops one after the other. It actually looks quite scary from the top and I’d always chickened out of doing it when I’ve been that way before (my excuse is that it’s a bit remote and I’m always on my own… OK I’m a coward :o). After Alex had ridden it successfully I was shamed into doing it myself, so we both got something out of it. That’s what’s good about riding with other people - gets me out of the rut of what I think I can do :slight_smile:

I was impressed how much of the trail Alex actually rode. He’s only had the muni a few weeks, and before that he just had a cheap learner 20".

Rob

Pic from my new way to work (our office moved) unfortunately trams are now too crowded to make a shortcut and it takes quite a long time to get all way on uni (I discovered both things today morning :wink: ) so I will not be uniing there often, at least until spring.

Yesterday was fantastic. I went out with my dad to the Apin bush tracks to ride my unicycle. He would trail behind in the car because he loves to 4x4. The ride was so intense! I wasn’t used to the sort of environment. I mean, I’m used to a bit of muni but there were so many dropoffs and technical downhill moments. Sure gave me a challenge!

I’ve been doing this quite a bit lately, I really need to invest in a 26" :smiley:

Hi guys,

To start with, this is not exactly what I would call my last ride, because it is back when I was having my summer vacation time in Tunisia (Monastir), in August this year.

A lot of young guys were willing to get a unicycle and to learn how to ride!

Here are now pictures from a very recent ride I did in my area… that day was so beautiful (while this week the weather is soooo bad :()!

This ride was actually my first real Muni ride with my Guni, and I was surprised to see how difficult it was to keep the control in high gear while going down even little technical tracks! I definitely need to train, and possibly to switch also from my 125mm crank holes to the 150mm holes.
But it was a very fun ride anyway, and I particularly loved the versatility of my Guni!!!

Cheers, MadC.

Madc - that is an interesting position for the brake handle. Do you always ride with the brake on top of the handle and if so do you use a thumb to actuate it?

Thats my latest ride :slight_smile:

Hi mtnjeffe

This is how we are the unicyclists: people keep on sending pictures demonstrating the beauty of mother nature, and we keep our eyes focused onto the unicycle pieces of hardware. :wink:

This being said, I’m still pretty impressed by your attention to details!

Yes indeed - all my unicycles with handlebar (26", 29", 36") have got a Magura brake, and the brake is always positioned this way, i.e. upwards. I find it very convenient, especially on roads… definitely less off-road though…

I had mentioned this in this thread 2 years ago - but the close-up pictures are gone for some reasons… :thinking:

I really like this position because my thumb will perfectly “sit down” into the curved area of the spooner, and this way I feel like being more accurate than when using the normal “downwards” position. However, if the brake must be pressed very strongly (e.g. on steep/wet downhill tracks), this is not as good of course, because the thumb (my thumb at least :D) is not as strong as any of his 3 neighbors…

Another advantage is that the brake will remain out of reach in case of UPD’s, and will therefore be less likely to be damaged by rocks, etc.

Cheers, MadC.

Near Dockweillwer beach. This 36er really stands up to the elements! :smiley:

Certainly doesn’t hide that he is a blue-tongued lizard… :stuck_out_tongue:

Beautiful, crisp, sunny day here in Carinthia. Great ride in Bodental.

A nice night muni ride - 3 hours, 19.8km, 600m of climbing, lots of lovely technical descents.

No good pictures because I only had my phone (and it was pitch dark obviously).

Joe

johnswing.jpg

mebolehill.jpg

Nice uni. Why is your frame on backwards?

Ooops ! Well spotted Michael !

Hey Terry! I just went to that beach last week. Nice!

Do you know any good trail around LA county? Any trail that is possible for a century?

LA rider

Hey Terry! I just went to that beach last week. Nice!

Do you know any good trail around LA county? Any trail that is possible for a century?

Trials! :smiley:
im not sure how high it was, but that was static :slight_smile:

Surreal Saturday… :sunglasses:

Neat pic there Terry

Thanks Ken. It’s a video capture from my beach ride from earlier today. Video coming soon. :smiley:

I was there last weekend too, but really early. Do you ride in this area regularly? If so, let me know next time you’re riding so I can join you.

And am I to understand that you want to ride a MUni century? That would be quite a feat and probably take at least two days of all-day riding! Unless you can find 100 miles of non-technical, smooth single track, and ride at least a 29er size, it could possibly be done in a full day. Helluva goal though! Don’t know if any trails in LA county that goes continuously for that far, but I’m sure there must be some somewhere! I might even join you! You could always do something like a 25 mile trail, four times in a row, but that could get pretty boring, at least it would for me. :smiley: