Pictures of your latest ride

Stop Copies Me! :slight_smile:

First real muni ride in anger for a looong time.
So long in fact that I’d completely forgotten I had a Flat Harper in my rucksack from the last ride I did (from the middle of last year some time).
Shows you how often I clean out my bag.
A six mile loop around the Usk Reservoir in the pouring rain.
Luvverly.

Usk 1.jpg

A beautiful country ride on our 36’ers in South Australia…

Trying to get a timed photo when a car appears out of nowhere - our camera is in the middle of the road,

so we bolt back to the camera just in time!

Nick took some pics the other day.

Epic trip to Ellensburg

I just finished an epic trip to Ellensburg, Washington with 35 unicyclists. We did a demonstration at a PE conference and the next day we toured Central Washington University. A couple had to leave early, but here is 33 of the 3rd though 6th grade students and my 7th grade daughter in front of Barge Hall.

Fully loaded

36 unicycles to CWU in Ellensburg, Washington

Taken today during a MUni ride on Leith Hill, Surrey, UK.

Here’s me:

And here’s Gadge:

Here’s my latest ride at the Düsseldorf Marathon. I didn’t stay in the front until the finish but I came in 4th behind Knut, Jan and Sam. Knut finished the Marathon in 1:24:58 (netto), I came in at 1:26:26. It was crazy. Thanks Marco for the pictures!

Very cool. Lots of geared hubs :slight_smile: Looks like heaven!
Oh how I would like a geared hub (or even a 36er)

Mowcius

OK, this may not be 100% appropriate for this thread but I figured it was the most relevant active thread to post some photos of unicycle basketball from a couple weeks ago. Where are all those photos!? I’m the “defender” in the bright green shirt.

More photos are here. We just started a Google group SLO Uni for people interested in uni bball and muni in and around San Luis Obispo county (California’s Central Coast). Still in the infant stages!

Nice ride around Cardiff today.
One shot of the Norwegian Church in the Bay area and another of a sculpted tree trunk in Bute Park.

One day I’m going to ask someone to take a picture of me riding.

Very cool! You must be fast if you were keeping up with Jan and Sam! Geared 36ers looked to dominate that course.

dang!! that’s stilll really good time tho

do you guys draft off each other?

I did a long climb yesterday with a fun single track downhill. On the way up I found this cute little rattlesnake. He (or she) was pretty small and appeared to have eaten recently. It was sprawled out in the middle of the trail. This section of trail was really steep. I was walking this particular part. I was worried that a mountain biker coming downhill would run over it. I tried to coax it off the trail, but he wouldn’t have any of it.

I only ended up with one scraped elbow and a bruised hip. I also tore my bike shorts. That just means I had a good time.

Wow, so you beat Chuck Edwall’s marathon record of 1:27:08? He’s one of the fastest 36er riders on the planet! And Knut now holds the world record? Good job! :smiley:

Who’s that leaning on your palm?

Thanks for the nice words everyone. Strangely Knut does not hold the world record because his gross time from the start shot to crossing the finish line was longer than Jan’s. Apparently the gross time is what matters for the world record, not the net time. Knut was still on the toilet when the start shot sounded:D, so he started late but had a better net time when arriving seconds behind Jan. So Jan officially holds the new world record at 1:25:15 (gross) while Knut is the German Champion with the net time of 1:24:58. I know it’s weird…

But you still bested Chuck Edwall’s previous world record??? If so, then a big congrats, as that is an amazing accomplishment. That would make you one of the top 3 or 4 fastest 36er riders in the world! It also means that you averaged more than 18mph for the entire 26.2 miles! (or is it 26.5?) Of course, a lot depends on the course, and how flat or hilly, the road and weather conditions and so on. I also realize it was done with a geared 36er, but I wonder if that continuous, consistent speed would ever be possible without it. :thinking: