Pictures of your latest ride

OOPS! Here are the attachments.

sutherland2.jpg

sutherland.jpg

Yay! I liked your last one. Great terrain and a nice, steady rolling style.

Not strictly my latest ride, but about 2 weeks ago. Not so much an exciting photo as some evidence to show I’m still riding, really. There was half a mile or more of this, sometimes the path following one bank, sometimes the other; sometimes crossing the stream, and sometimes going straight up the middle. Great fun.:smiley:

Thanks! The 29er forces you into rolling. It affects my 24 riding too. I tend to hop very little.

Nice day at the Gap! :smiley:

Apologies for the dodgy quality. The finish line in Warrnambool for the Melbourne to Warrnambool cycle race.

The race isn’t on until October but I decided to try out the basic route on my uni. When I first heard about this race I thought it would be impossible on a bike, let alone a unicycle. I later found out my great grandfather competed in and completed the race sometime prior to WW1. It is currently one of the longest one day races classified by the UCI.

After 22 hours and 280 km it felt amazing to cross the finish line this morning. I caught a train home :sunglasses:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i81/gesticulate/Photo1210.jpg[/IMG]"]

awesome Matt! what route does the ride take?

The route follows the Princes Freeway/Highway. The race itself changes routes each year but always starts somewhere in Melbourne and finishes in Warrnambool.

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Melb-to-Warrny

Wow - incredible distance, and even cooler to think of your great grandfather riding it, and on who-knows-what equipment!

still smilin’

A Sunday afternoon on some trails close to home on Vancouver Island, B.C… A great ride. Even the UPD can’t wipe the smile from her face :wink:

Cheers, Greg

I’d love some more info about your handlebar set-up. I am looking to have a longer set-up like that for long rides and it looks like you’re seated exactly as I would want to be.

Details and a parts list would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Tim,
Bribe Bryce and have him weld you up a set like he’s got. Aero bars with elbow rests. I just took mine on a big ride yesterday (78 miles) for the first time. For that kind of road riding they are perfect. They definitely help me redistribute my weight. I’ll post pics in a day or two. My set up is different because I have a V frame, but Bryce knows how to configure that kind of set up. Even if he doesn’t want to do the welding, you should check his out and get a welder to make them for you. You’ll be glad you did.

Geoff

I like Bryce’s set-up but he mentioned it being like $200-$250 to put together. I still may go for it because it’s pretty sweet.

I said goodbye to the geared 36 and hello to the geared 29er (again)! Climbs like a dream in low gear and rides smooth as butter in high gear.

So is that a Big Apple 2.0, or 2.35?

big apple 2.0 (I was running the 2.35 at RTL but I am testing out the 2.0 and how they compare as far as comfort and distance rides go).

climbed up with 125s in low gear, descended with 150s in high gear - since I have no brake and descending with small cranks in high gear and no brake = ow.

So, were the 125s right for the climb? What was the grade like?

tallrail vid frame

16thstrail.jpg

That’s my next project, have the rim, tire, seat, cranks, pedals, tube… need the hub and frame :slight_smile:

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/co/golden/267586585 click on “show elevation” on the right hand side.

It looks like it varies between 5-9% in gradient on average.

125s felt awesome on the climb. It is only a 5 mile climb, I am not sure if for a 28 mile climb if 125s or 150s will be better, bu the 125s felt pretty good to me. I’ll have to climb with 150s and compare my time.