Pictures of your latest ride continued

For sure the “not riding on the on the shoulder of the track” (right side of image) did me no good.

My mind was definitely not wandering as this is the challenging last ramp up to the junction you see in the 2nd image.
Its a the end of a dirt/gravel track that goes slightly uphill, the final bit is steepest and has the biggest chunks of gravel.
It takes some effort to ride onto and you need to tackle it at decent speed.

As I was cranking hard, while pulling up on the saddle, I suddenly just got thrown off, I think a combination of bouncing and wheel spin.

Gravel this coarse is a very tricky surface to ride on.

I do UPD when bouncing too much (even when anticipated) and I know about the wandering mind.

Because of riding these specific tracks I’m getting better at dealing with sideways slipping.
What seems to work for me:

• a good pull up on the saddle handle (keeps the feet in place)
  • keep speeding

In the last Image I’m looking back after an UPD (not fall) due to prolonged bouncing about :slight_smile:

I am familiar with the uni-man shadows.

A ride with my best friend and a new friend - Lewis Creek, CA:

Went out for a really nice Muni session with UniMyra and Erlend today, for a couple of hours. UniMyra showed us one of his favourite areas and it was not only great fun but beautiful there.

Here is a picture shamelessly stolen from UniMyra’s Instagram account

Strangest thing was encountering another, unknown unicyclist out of the blue coming in the opposite direction. In hindsight, we probably should have gotten him to pose with us as well.

1 Like

I really enjoyed

Fun day in the mountains.

I was listening to a Norwegian podcast today - “Lørdagsrådet”, the “Saturday Advice Council” where listeners write in with their problems, and they semi-seriously discuss what to do - and the host said:

It probably wouldn’t have registered if I hadn’t just seen this picture! Anyway it gives us non-Norwegians some idea of how well known his books are there.

Some of his books are translated into multiple languages. The first book of his I read, I read in English, “Naïve. Super”. I’ve heard a few other people have read this in English as well

But all that aside, he seems like a really nice guy and is a keen unicyclist, so that is what is most important. UniMyra isn’t a bad guy either! :wink:

Purchased! I also noticed that yesterday (i.e. 24th) was his birthday. Happy birthday, Erlend.

Here’s us in one of the forests south of Paris, once lockdown was lifted!

And first cherries !

Here’s us in one of the forests south of Paris, once lockdown was lifted!

And first cherries !

Log, Bridge...Log Bridge, great choices when your on the trail.

Went bush yesterday, it was amazing to ride across suspension bridge which was build in 1925, and has an incline on it.

what happens if someone started to bounce the bridge? will you then UPD over the side?

Today I managed to ride the full length of this fence with the 28" Ultimate Wheel with just pushing off 1 from the fence. For some reason I find it easier to push off when having the fence to the right than the other way round. Also I had a few times where my balance was to the left and after 3 or so rotations could steer back to the right. Now I am at a point that riding isn’t too difficult, just taking off is. One of these days I will also focus on freemounting, so I can finally take the wheel elsewhere. The way Haqrue does in his vidz, by just starting in the 6-12 position is nice, because then you;re already upright when taking off, otherwise while holding the wheel (grabmount), I have to first stand up straight before taking off, which I think will be more difficult. Though when pushing off from the fence, I am more in the 4-10 position with the front foot higher.

I applaud your ability to do multiple laps. I think I would get back to the starting point and just stop.

How do you mount your unicycle while using cleats ?

Isn’t dangerous to tie your feet to the unicycle. there is no way to bail out when you get a UPD.

I find mounting and dismounting the same as a normal mount. More control and stability, more climb ability. You bail the same as any UPD and you quickly get atuned to heal out to release. Be smart, wear your pads and protection at all times in the saddle, and stay on top!

The best saddle varies from rider to rider. You just have to try different ones and put some time in to find what works for you. I use a UDC Club Saddle

and have remained completely comfortable during a 100 mile day.